Rapunzel's tower has arrived.

mvieguy

Yeah they should. But what they shouldn't do on a project like that is cut the budget substantially so that the amazing E ticket in the plans is cut out. Not just simply clone a ride that already exists in the park. Also, clone a ride from another park that had some definite story and ride design issues and not address said issues...and spend more on the queue than the actual ride. Gut an existing classic ride when there was plenty of room for that interactive meet and greet somewhere else and then create a ride that while probably cute, would be a kiddie coaster being sold as an E ticket coaster...when it could have actually been an E ticket if built to its original design. Or make the restaurant based on the blockbuster film with cafeteria style set up so the magic is diminished a bit solely to be able to get more bodies in and out, aesthetics be damned.

Hmmm. Nah. They wouldn't do that.

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Kind of pulling your leg some. NFE is nice. It's very pretty. But it's not without its flaws and as nice as it is, my opinion is that its full potential definitely wasn't realized, as are sadly most of Disney's projects nowadays.

no worries, i was just busting your chops anyway. what Amazing E Ticket did they cut. I only started following the project last summer. What were some of the original plans, other then the pixie hollow and snow whites cottege.

mvieguy

You know when things are bad? When we have to say how MAGICAL bathrooms are... 11 pages on bathrooms not to mention several threads... Wow. Just. Wow.

if they were truely magical, they would always be spotless, nice smelling and fully stocked. and when you releive yourself, the toliet talks to you and says..... "Atta Boy" or "Feel Better" LOL

bubbles1812

no worries, i was just busting your chops anyway. what Amazing E Ticket did they cut. I only started following the project last summer. What were some of the original plans, other then the pixie hollow and snow whites cottege.

As I understand it, there was some sort of plan to include an E ticket with original characters (ie Mickey and the Gang... it actually astonishes me that the only attraction that even features them really is Philharmagic). I think it was only sadly in very early versions of the plans... but still, oh what could have been...

mvieguy

As I understand it, there was some sort of plan to include an E ticket with original characters (ie Mickey and the Gang... it actually astonishes me that the only attraction that even features them really is Philharmagic). I think it was only sadly in very early versions of the plans... but still, oh what could have been...

I vaguely Remember a Rumor that Disney was going to create an E Ticket attraction called Villian Mountain. it was a matterhorn Flume/Coaster that would go in and around the mountain and splash through water. it was to feature Jafar, Hook, Ursula, Malicifiant, etc.

would have been nice

I reallly would like to see the indiana Jones Ride from California make its way to Orlando. same with Roger Rabbit

MKCP 1985

So what exactly is the elephant in the room anyway?

What is this thread about anymore?

I think Aurora is represented in photos on The Carousel but I might be mistaken.

Animaniac93-98

I think Aurora is represented in photos on The Carousel but I might be mistaken.

Orlando's Carousel, no. The only Sleeping Beauty stuff in WDW are character meet and greets, show appearences (Fantasmic!, Dream Along with Mickey, SpectroMagic etc.) and that dress in the shop by the castle, which is actually a neat trick.

DL's got the great walk-though and Paris has the castle.

lebeau

A highly themed bathroom.........which baffles me. People get mad for no themed napkins, but get mad for highly themed bathroom......

I don't think anyone is mad about the bathroom. People are just dissatisfied with the attractions Disney has opened in the last few years. For a long time, there was nothing. And when they finally unveiled their big project it turned out to be nice-looking but very modest in scope. Especially given how long it took to build it. So when you see a highly themed bathroom, you wonder why Disney is spending resources on that rather than more attractions.

Clyde

Balance design aesthetic is different than placing a landmark and giving an area a marker of significance. If anything, I think it will make the Fantasyland corridor look worse, an area not set to be changed in the near future. It is breaking the distinction that the recently built Castle Wall is supposed to mark.

If that is the case, then this tower is in competition with Cinderella Castle and the entire park design of the Magic Kingdom which moves around the Hub. It also goes right along with my initial complain of the Magic Kingdom being viewed as all fake and the other lands all being beneath Fantasyland and not deserving of their own thematic integrity.
The an absurd statement and argument. Nothing competes with the castle. You're reaching. Stop being such a bummer man. the Tower is awesome ! One of the best aesthetic improvements in a long time and right on par with the the FLE details.

lazyboy97o

you wonder why Disney is spending resources on that rather than more attractions.
This is sort of my issue. I have nothing wrong with themed bathrooms or plussing smaller areas of activity. What I question is what I see as trying to make everything as an E-Ticket in terms if visual language. If everything down to the bathrooms becomes a landmark or "weenie," then there is are no real landmarks anymore and the parks have become the chaotic fighting of large signs that so dominates the outside world. The parks are a prettier version of what they claim to escape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom