R C T 2: Screenshots!

CmdrTostada

did anyone else notice that this one features one of those rollercoasters that has the chairs spinning

Attachments

• big1.gif
    big1.gif
    118.1 KB · Views: 131

CmdrTostada

The only reason I know about the spinning coasters is because I saw the show about californian coasters, and they had one of those on it.

radioandy

Any ideas on how the roller coaster construction outside the game is going to integrate back into the landscape? Right now, you can only use custom coasters on flat, treeless land. I know the new game will allow for mass-removal of trees, so that's one problem eliminated.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Okay!.....

Wow, suddenly the thread has come alive!:lol: Hmmm...Lets see if I can touch base on everything here and answer some of ya'lls (I'm from the south, but I am a very civilized southerner):lol:questions.

• Spinning Coasters--Turbogames
    You are right about that coaster. There is only one in the world right now, called X. It is in Six Flags Magic Mountain in Los Angeles California. The trains run on two rails with the seats suspended on the sides of the track. Each set of two seats spins on its own axis. The track is specifically designed to manipulate the seats to spin, meaning at some points during the ride you are riding on a straight piece of track upside-down. Unfortunately, the prototype (X), is closed now. After only opening this season, large cracks were found on the track and on the cars. It won't open again until these faults can be studied, understood, and fixed.
  • Coaster Construction Outside the Game--radioandy
    The designer now allows for construction of rollercoasters outside of the actual gameplay to allow you to construct a rollercoaster without having to worry about vandalism and whether or not your rides are working. Rollercoasters can now be built AND BE THEMED inside the coaster construction mode. You then save the rollercoaster AND its theming. When you enter your park again, its just a matter of selecting the rollercoaster and finding a place to put it. You place the coaster and theming all at one time. Trees, like you said radioandy now are automatically removed for placement of rides, a feature that was needed BADLY!;)
The Screenshots
I took the time to make a list of everything new shown in the screenshots. I hope I don't ruin anyone's fun with this:):
  • The Screenshot With X
    4D Coaster / coaster cat walks / blended terrain much smoother
  • The Screenshot With the Large Red Rollercoaster and Smoke (Fire Really) Stack
    Different park map overview / peep friendly wide paths / Intamin track / ATM's / First Aid stall / Mechanical scenery / green and black fence (more fence colors) / stairs / Banked Drops
  • The Screenshot With Goliath
    Different ride box with new music tabs, wrench (mechanical ?), and no more 'stoplight' ride operations. It is now a flag. / Giovanolli (spell?) coaster / tunnels / covered queues / new windows / "GOLIATH" or other block signs / coaster track cover / multi-color layered buildings (Coaster station is brown on-top of grey) / New Palm Trees / Taller Build Ceiling for coasters
  • The Screenshot With the Blue Print of a Rollercoaster
    Ability to save your coaster design with paths and scenery / build through abstract scenery / spinning wild mouse cars / drop off and pick up coaster stations / New Monorail Trains / Custom signs on rides
  • The Screenshot With the Log Flume
    New Suspended Coaster Cars / Impulse Coaster / On-Ride photo for log flume (maybe other water rides too) / New roof type
  • The Screenshot With the Large Teal Rollercoaster and the Go Karts
    ATM Machine (close up) / New building by the go-cart?
  • The Screenshot With the Scenerio Editor
    Scenario Editor in use
  • The Screenshot With the Snow Themed Rollercoaster
    Trolley Cars / Block Brakes / Ice Bricks / New Bobsled cars and track / New Path? (Bobsled exit) / Yogurt Shop? / Stackable scenery / New Ghost Train Cars / Red Bar Fence / Brown type flat roof / Note: Has anyone noticed the rather large sum of money is a few of the screenshots?
  • The Screenshot With the Large Orange Rollercoaster
    Lists all rides a guest has been on / First Aid Station (close up)
  • The Screenshot With the Scenerio Editor (Has a Big Window With Rides in it)
    Scenario Editor in use (New rides: Top Spin / Toffee Apples / Trams / Twist / Floorless suspended coaster cars / Splash Boats? / Spiral Roller Coaster / Spinning Wild Mouse / Soap Box Derby Racers
  • The Screenshot With Two Rollercoasters (One Wooden and one Steel)
    Banked Wooden Coaster Turns / Steel Mine Train / New Roofing Elements
  • The Screenshot With the Pink Coaster and the Roof Selection Window
    New Walls and Roofs with the ability to color the walls / WDW Space Mountain type trains
  • The Screenshot With the Rollercoaster Designer
    Seperate Roller Coaster Designer
  • The Screenshot With the Green Rollercoaster and the Factory Theming
    New Supports for Buildings / Metallic Walls and Roofs / Smoke or fire stacks / Greenish Brown Marble path / New park entrance (Six Flags only?)
  • The Screenshot With the Six Flags Magic Mountain Entrance
    Amanda G. Guest name floating/ More new path covers / Modern Art Structure / Brick Wall Fence (look carefully) / Ability to seperate or combine wide paths together
  • The Screenshot With the Green and Blue Rollercoaster and the Wooden Rollercoaster
    Deja Vu Type coaster / Weird Blue support for Deja Vu / Banked straight away wooden coaster track / Bamboo roof? / Canvas station cover and ride entrance and exits different colors / new path from Deja Vu exit
  • The Screenshot With One Single Rail Rollercoaster and Industrial Theming
    Red and Green Bar fence / Soap Box Racers / Mechanical theming up close

I hope this helps everyone find what is new in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2!:D

radioandy

Thanks for the coaster construction info cac.

Did you notice in the video what might be a parking lot? About 10 seconds in, while the yellow screen (finances?) is up, just below it and to the right is a large open gray area. It's blurry but seems to have lines and objects moving over it. I know there's been talk of parking, and "trams" is one of the items on the ride list.

CrashNet

Original Poster
HA HA

:lol:

Man....What will they think of next...An RCT Pinball Machine. How halarious.:lol:

Which specific links don't work amejr999? I'll check them out and see if I can get them fixed.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Oh...Okay

Oh okay. I actually set up a webpage with all of the screenshots on it. The link to that is in my signature at the bottom of my posts. You can click there to see the pictures instead. The Chris Sawyer link might work now however. I think the site was down yesterday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom