R C T 2: Screenshots!

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofette
Did they give you a hard time about taking it back? Or had you opened it yet?

I still haven't played it yet. I haven't played any video games in awhile. I had thought about buying the Zoo Tycoon for DD also, and buying the dinosaur add on pack because she's crazy about dinosaurs. Does anyone know anything about this? Remember, she's 9, so it doesn't take too much too impress her. Just as long as it's not very difficult.

At her young age I think she would really enjoy the addon pack to rollercoaster tycoon 2; however, Zoo Tycoon would be a completely different experience for her. Like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon is pretty successful and is fun to play. She would be building a zoo (obviously) and get to build the pens for the animals and put all kinds of animals in the zoo. The game also lets you build gift shops, restaurants, and other things like RollerCoaster Tycoon does. Zoo Tycoon also zooms in closer to the action, and everything is bigger and easier to see. If you would like to see some screenshots of what Zoo Tycoon looks like, go here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/zootycoon/index.html

She would enjoy watching the animals play, eat, and yes if they get out they do go after the guests, but the game is rated E. Its actually kind of funny to watch.

If you do deside to get Zoo Tycoon and an expansion pack, I would get Marine Mania instead. It has dolphins, whales, etc. and they will do shows and tricks for the audience...kinda like sea world.

EDIT: Sorry about that...I didn't fully read your post and didn't realize she loves Dinosaurs. The dinosaur addon is equivalent to the the Marine addon, so she would enjoy both. Here is a couple of links to the Dinosaurs and Marine addons.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/zootycoondinosaurdigs/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/zootycoonmarinemania/index.html

Basically, it all boils down to whether or not you want to give her a new experience or addon to one she already has. Wacky Worlds is mostly scenery with few new rides (the 150 rides types are just cosmetic facelifts of old rides). I would watch to see if she actually uses the scenery a lot. If she doesn't, I would go with Zoo Tycoon.

Hope I helped! :)

JonnyK

Originally posted by Goofette
Did they give you a hard time about taking it back? Or had you opened it yet?

I still haven't played it yet. I haven't played any video games in awhile. I had thought about buying the Zoo Tycoon for DD also, and buying the dinosaur add on pack because she's crazy about dinosaurs. Does anyone know anything about this? Remember, she's 9, so it doesn't take too much too impress her. Just as long as it's not very difficult.

Nah No Hard Time, This computer store lets you return any opened games so I bought it from that store n returned it n was like " I don't like this game, I would like a refund" :lookaroun :lookaroun and They Gave me my money back they only ask if i want a refund or exhange for another game so I just got a refund. so its all good.

JonnyK

saw that.. im a member at danimation too but.. ugh those screenies.. worthless.. no new rides or nothing but more big THEME and Teacup Themes.. and some giant statues..

Theres no way im gonna spend extra $$$ on this game if it has no new rides or anything.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwfreak
saw that.. im a member at danimation too but.. ugh those screenies.. worthless.. no new rides or nothing but more big THEME and Teacup Themes.. and some giant statues..

Theres no way im gonna spend extra $$$ on this game if it has no new rides or anything.

Funny...I started this thread and I completely agree with both of you. They have GOT to do something other than adding more scenery and cosmetic upgrades to the rides we ALREADY have. I was kindof hoping that "Time Twister" meant they may be adding night to the mix. Guess I was wrong huh. :(

JonnyK

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
A rumour is starting that in the make is RCT3!!! Hope this one will be in 3D graphics and that they have more rides!!! The rumour started because the www.rollercoastertycoon3.com website has been taken!!!! This sounds good to me!!!

By the way.... An official picture has come out....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...TVPDKIKX0DER&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

Let's hope that RCT3 Will come out wayyyy better than the worst expansion packs. Im hoping RCT3 Will have a 3D Engine with more coasters and different flat land rides and Possibly a NIGHTTIME Mode with some firework shows n all.. That'll be awsome if they made it alot like SimCity4 with all the incredible graphics.

JonnyK

Originally posted by Frontierland
http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?screens=10941

Here are NEW screenshots of the game itself....It just seems like another WW with ANOTHER version of the tea cups. But I will still buy it.

If you look at this Screenshot Clicky Clicky . You can see on the top corner right theres like a flippin seater with new themes.. or thats 1 of the new rides.. but for me i think its a old ride with themeing on it.

I can tell Infrogrames/Atari is just lazy to make some new rides and decided to split it up with some new themeings. :lookaroun

JonnyK

Originally posted by cac2889
I was kindof hoping that "Time Twister" meant they may be adding night to the mix. Guess I was wrong huh. :(

That's what I though too.. but like there is a rumour that there making a RCT3 in the future.. and hoping itll have a nightime mode in that version or so. I wish the NEW RCT3 Would be alot like Simcity 4.. but that wont happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom