R C T 2: Screenshots!

CrashNet

Original Poster
Update on X

Although this is not directly related to Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, I thought since it was mentioned recently that I would add in this bit of information about X, the 4D rollercoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain. There is actually another reason why it was closed. Although cracks were found, not many were found. X was initially closed because it could only handle 1 train at a time and was taking WAY to long to load people. It is going to cost more than the initial $40 million to build it to get the coaster working with 3 trains at once. Because of this, Six Flags shareholders voted to no longer allow the construction of prototype rides in the parks anymore. Wow, what a blow to amusement ride construction companies.

Oh yeah, the 100th post for this thread!:sohappy:

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by FutureCEO
They have ATM's and a First Aid. Whats the hand holding the eye in on of the screenshots?

I'm not totally sure what you are talking about, but I think you are talking about the tab in the Ride Information Window. That is actually a wrench around a nut or bolt, not an eye and hand. Don't worry though, I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. ;)

WDW-Imagineer

Well, just took a look at the RCT II screenshots, and I must say I am impressed & anxious to get the game. The game looks like its gonna have some nice features and I like the fact that its gonna have some "real" parks built in. Especially Six Flags Great Adventure which is about 1 1/2 hours away from me in NJ.

I saw the feature with roofs and when building WDW re-creations, this is going to come in handy.

Anyway... here is an article from GameSpot:

At the 2002 Electronic Entertainment Expo today in Los Angeles, Infogrames gave GameSpot a demonstration of RollerCoaster Tycoon II, its upcoming sequel to one of the best-selling PC games of the past few years. Like its predecessor, RollerCoaster Tycoon II will let players create and manage their own theme park. It will improve on the previous game with an expanded map size, enhanced graphics and sound, higher coaster height limits, better animation, a scenario editor, and a new track-designer tool.

Senior Producer Thomas Zahorik showed off Magic Mountain, one of the game's five prebuilt theme parks based on actual Six Flags theme parks. The design of the park and the coasters was immediately recognizable to anyone who's been to the real Magic Mountain, and it gave the park a great sense of realism. Like the original, the new game will be played from an isometric perspective, but the increased map size and better graphics make it more visually pleasing. The improved animations also give life to the theme parks, with hordes of visitors wandering around and riding coasters and a variety of animated decorative elements adding color to the scene.

The new game will include a scenario editor that lets scenario designers create a scenario based on a saved game and determine a player's initial access to tracks and other theme park parts. They can also adjust the initial amount of money, the type of park visitors available, and the scenario goals. In addition to the scenario editor, the game will feature a track-designer tool that lets players create and edit isolated roller coasters outside of the scenario environment. These coasters, which can now be built up to approximately 400 feet in height, can then be saved and imported into the different theme parks.

While the developer hasn't finalized the system requirements for the new game, Infogrames expects the requirements to be low, though probably not as low as the original game due to increased map size and more animations. RollerCoaster Tycoon II is currently in the alpha stage of development and is scheduled for release this fall. We'll post more information about the game as it becomes available.

CrashNet

Original Poster
UPDATE...The OFFICIAL U.S. Box Cover?

Ok everyone, www.ebgames.com has changed the box cover picture. Apparently, the first picture was the Europe box cover. (only assuming). This new one is SO awesome. I like this one better than the first one. Man I can't wait to get my hands on this game!!!!!:sohappy:

Attachments

• box art.jpg
    box art.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 180

Testtrack321

WOW! That's so cool! :cool: :eek: :sohappy:

FYI, many times a cover design changes over the months, even days, before the item is produced and shipped. So this might change slightly or totally.

But let's hope it stays this way!

CrashNet

Original Poster
Just to let everyone know, this is the orginally entitled "Rct Ii Screenshots!" thread. I got Steve to rename it since the thread took off. I don't know, I just have this thing with everything looking good! See you on the next update!:D

CrashNet

Original Poster
UPDATE...Possible RCT2 DVD Promo?

Don't worry guys, the thread hasn't been abandoned. I'm still looking around everyday for new information. Which brings me to the main reason I am writing this post. Anybody remember disneycorner.com? Well, well, well, they seem to have a section for Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 now. HMMMMMM...... I wonder where they got that idea from?

This is straight from their "new stuff in RCT2" page:

New Features!!!!!!
This is a comprehensive list gathered from other sources which shows game improvements in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2! Enjoy!

• 4D (Arrow Dynamics)
• Banked Lateral Curve Drop
• Floorless carriages on Suspended Coaster
• Speed Racer (Schwartzkopf)
• Top Spin
• Soap Box Derby Racers
• Giant Drop Tower
• Toffee Apple Stall
• Simultaneous Load and Unload platforms
• Separate Loading and Unloading Platforms
• Impulse Coaster (Intamin AG)
• Multi-layered Pathways
• Custom Roofing
• Yogurt Stall
• Absolutely Insane Slingshot Ride (S&S)
• River Rafts Ride
• Spinning Wild Mouse Coaster
• Blocking System
• Shuttle Coasters Now Go Backwards Through Station
• Added Detail On Pathways Showing Stairs
• SkyCoaster Ride
• Windows On Ghost Train Building
• Giant Inverted Boomerang (Vekoma)
• Vertical Twist Drop On Some Kinds of Coasters
• Catwalk on Lift, Block, and Brake-run
• Giovanola HyperCoaster Trains
• Intamin Spineless Track Coaster (Box Track)
• Overhead Path & Queue Covers
• New Plants
• Enable User To Self Locate Park Entrance
• Splash Boat
• ATM Machine
• Parachute Drop Tower
• Tram Ride
• Gradual Cresting Of Hills
• On-Ride Photo On Log Flume
• First Aid Kiosk
• New Monorail Vehicles
• Intamin Mega/Giga Coasters
• Intamin Impulse
• Intamin Looper
• G-Tec Hyper Coaster
• Premier LIM Bowl
• Arrow Hyper
• Schwarzkopf Jet Star
• Arrow 4D
• B&M Flyer
• Soap Box Racer
• Vekoma Swinging Floorless
• Reverchon Mouse
• Mack Mine Train
• Picnic Tables
• Transfer Track
• Medical Assistants
• Banked Drops
• Roofs Over Paths
• Varied Width Of Paving
• Stairs On Lift Hills, Uphill Pathways, And Brake Runs
• Twisting Vertical Drops
• Higher Height Limit (400 ft.)
• Better Transitions Between Track Segments
• More Color Choices For Land and Water
• More Trains, Cars, Or Boats On A Ride (More Then 12)
• Game Runs A Lot Smoother Now
• You May Use Your Own Mp3 Music in Your Games
• Ride Signs On Sides Of Station
• Landscape Blends When Land Type Changes

Now look here on my first post on this page:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9393&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Notice anything similar?
You'll also notice how he mearly yet again is just trying to bring down this forum (no chance) because of his absolute lack of even reading what he put on that page. He has several things repeated in that list. Of course you will never have to worry about that here, seen as though this site is and always will be better. Sorry, but it made me pretty mad to see when searching for new information that yet again, hes using this site to improve his. Take it as you will...

Anyway, on to the update...

This came from coasterbuzz.com. It is an excerpt from a post made on their forum:

Keep in mind this is from a forum and may not be true.

Our local ELECTRONICS BOUTIQUE here in Australia, previewed a SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION DVD -- named RCT2 VIDEO PROMOTION!!!!!!
this video concentrated on the new flat thrill rides in the game- it showed a HUSS Rainbow doing about two revolutions (THE BEST THING WAS IT SHOWED THE RAINBOW, RAYS AND CLOUD SIGN FLASHING!!!!!!!!!!) then it went on to show the kamikaze going around then stopping at the top (this also showed its lights flashing ) after the kamikaze it went on to show the Zipper!! this looked good with all the cages spinning it was amazing!, finally it showed the BREAKDANCE, that looked cool (lights flashing gondolas spinning). then it went to the LOGO saying ROLLER COASTER TYCOON 2 - COMING SOON, and under it, it sed - "rides and content shown in this video may be changed or deleted due to copying laws"
I got a peek at the disc and it just had the logo, dvd logo and a bold sign saying! - "LIMITED AUSTRALIAN DVD - PAL VERSION ONLY, NOT TO BE EXPORTED INTERNATIONALLY!"
cant wait for RCT2, p.s the vid went fro about 5 mins!!!!!!!!

I'll look very hard on this one. That would truely be awesome to see!:D

Keep checking back for all the latest information on Rollercoaster Tycoon 2!

By the way, I'll let you know if this shows up on the DisneyCorner or not.;)

CmdrTostada

I cant wait to see a video like that. The only problem about RCT2 is that Im in school when it comes out.:( But right now Im saving up for it, I have $10.

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by Turbogames
I cant wait to see a video like that. The only problem about RCT2 is that Im in school when it comes out.:( But right now Im saving up for it, I have $10.

:lol:Yeah I'll be in college by then as well too! I have plenty of money though, so no worries. I have an idea for you though turbo. Print up some flyers and put them in the mailboxes on your street saying you will mow their yard for $10 a yard. Then you'll have more money than you know what to do with. Before I was old enough to get a job I did that to raise money and made close to $400 dollars a month! I made that much by mowing the same 5 yards each week during the summer. Talk about MONNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEY!!:D:cool:

As for the video, I will keep looking as hard as possible to see if I can find it. Who knows, I might! I WANT TO SEE IT TOO!

CrashNet

Original Poster
Originally posted by Turbogames
Actually all the people in my neighborhood gets their's professionaly done.

All of them? Well darn. It was just a suggestion though!:lol: Good night!

CrashNet

Original Poster
UPDATE....Official System Requirements

Rollercoaster Tycoon II's system requirements have been officially announced on the Infogrames website, and as guessed, they are very low.

Here they are, straight from www.infogrames.com:

Minimum:
Operating System: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® II 300 MHz or equivalent
Memory: 64 MB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 100 MB Free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X or higher
Video: 4MB Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible video card*
Sound: Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible sound card*
*Indicates device should be compatible with DirectX® version (8.1included) or higher.

The good thing to note is that the system requirements are higher than RCT's are. Hopefully no one will have a problem with these!:D

Mouse3268

It makes me mad that Windows 98 is the minimum operating system becuse I still have Windows 98. Will I guess I have to upgrade. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom