QUEEN is the only band to replace Aerosmith in my opinion

litaljohn

It's also because of Rock n Rollercoaster that I developed a love for Aerosmith. I always thought they sounded pretty good.

so you are saying this ride helped you love a band you knew of before, it seems like a compelling argument you make to change bands and expose more music to others and help people grow to love some other bands too

StarWarsGirl

so you are saying this ride helped you love a band you knew of before, it seems like a compelling argument you make to change bands and expose more music to others and help people grow to love some other bands too
No, I grew up listening to Aerosmith because of Rock 'n Rollercoaster. I had heard of them because of this ride. You have to understand that I've been going to Disney since I was a baby, so hearing them helped develop a love for Rock 'n Roll. My parents did their job educating me in classic rock when I became a teen, but I was already an Aerosmith fan because of this ride. Would I have become a fan without this ride? Maybe, maybe not. I like other classic rock, just not all of it. Aerosmith is the one group that I consistently like. I listen to all kinds of music (pop, rock, classical, broadway, 80's, disco, dance, world, current, pop/country crossover), but nothing compares to them.

luv

No, I grew up listening to Aerosmith because of Rock 'n Rollercoaster. I had heard of them because of this ride. You have to understand that I've been going to Disney since I was a baby, so hearing them helped develop a love for Rock 'n Roll. My parents did their job educating me in classic rock when I became a teen, but I was already an Aerosmith fan because of this ride. Would I have become a fan without this ride? Maybe, maybe not. I like other classic rock, just not all of it. Aerosmith is the one group that I consistently like. I listen to all kinds of music (pop, rock, classical, broadway, 80's, disco, dance, world, current, pop/country crossover), but nothing compares to them.
Boy, do I wish I had had a kid like you. My son makes fun of 80s music and Disco. His #1 song to make fun of (that I love) is "An Everlasting Love" by Andy Gibb.

And when I told him I had the Rick Astley album, he shook his head and looked down at the ground, like he'd been defeated or something.

Good. For. You!!!

StarWarsGirl

Boy, do I wish I had had a kid like you. My son makes fun of 80s music and Disco. His #1 song to make fun of (that I love) is "An Everlasting Love" by Andy Gibb.

And when I told him I had the Rick Astley album, he shook his head and looked down at the ground, like he'd been defeated or something.

Good. For. You!!!
Haha, most kids are like that. I'm a musician and have learned to develop an appreciation for all types of music. I refuse to listen to country, though. It's all about drinking and some guy who lost his dog and his girlfriend. I like crossover, though. Justin Bieber, One Direction, and Demi Lovato. I refuse. Just...no. I'm not wild about heavy metal because it gives me a headache.

I like some of the pop from the eighties more than anything. MJ, Abba, that sort of thing. My radio station plays a really nice mixture of music that gives me a wide variety of choice.

Needless to say though, I have a very interesting combination of music on my iPod.

luv

Haha, most kids are like that. I'm a musician and have learned to develop an appreciation for all types of music. I refuse to listen to country, though. It's all about drinking and some guy who lost his dog and his girlfriend. I like crossover, though. Justin Bieber, One Direction, and Demi Lovato. I refuse. Just...no. I'm not wild about heavy metal because it gives me a headache.

I like some of the pop from the eighties more than anything. MJ, Abba, that sort of thing. My radio station plays a really nice mixture of music that gives me a wide variety of choice.

Needless to say though, I have a very interesting combination of music on my iPod.
Don't give up on Country. There are some fantastic songs there! And when you're older, you'll identify more. Most of us have been drunk, have done something we regretted (sometimes both of those things simultaneously, lol), had our hearts broken, broken someone else's heart, love our families, miss our parents, etc. Much of what they sing about is universal. And some of it is very fun, too!

IMO. At some point Aerosmith will need to be replaced, but not anytime in the near future. Aerosmith is still a relevant band and have a huge following, young and old. And now that Steven Tyler was on IDOL :)rolleyes:) their fan base has only grown.
I have been a diehard Aerosmith fan since I was 6 years old and I am now 27, so I may be little prejudice. lol

captainkidd

IMO. At some point Aerosmith will need to be replaced, but not anytime in the near future. Aerosmith is still a relevant band and have a huge following, young and old. And now that Steven Tyler was on IDOL :)rolleyes:) their fan base has only grown.
I have been a diehard Aerosmith fan since I was 6 years old and I am now 27, so I may be little prejudice. lol

Actually, not really. Their last album tanked and their tour had lots of half empty shows. They ended up cancelling about 1/3 of them. I love them, but they haven't been relevant in quite some time.

Can we go yet?

Unfortunately Aerosmith, as said in this thread, isn't really doing very well right now. Queen could work, but with the fact that Freddie Mercury has been for 30+ years now they would have to do away with the preshow and the story elements probably. I think Bon Jovi is a reasonable choice if/when Aerosmith is replaced.

PUSH

Country is definitely not all about drinking, dogs dying, etc. Haha! :p Yes, there are some (except I have never heard a song about a dog dying), but they are all the stereotypical kind that mostly, at least around here, hicks listen to for partying music. A lot of country songs, like many other songs, are about love. Did you know Whitney Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" was actually a country song by Dolly Parton? Taylor Swift doesn't give new age country a good look, though.

And my iPod has a very diverse selection. I have pop, rock, r&b, rap, etc. All of the people can actually sing though. I refuse to have a song on my iPod from people who can't sing. Examples would be Lady Gaga (thank God she's died down), Kesha (I refuse to spell a S with a dollar sign), etc. I do enjoy certain songs from Kelly Clarkson, but she can sing without autotune. Older rock is good, new rock is crap. R&B has a very few select songs that sound different from the other ones, IMO. Rap is the same way as R&B.

Oh I like some musical songs also. Mainly from Les Mis.

Californian Elitist

Don't give up on Country. There are some fantastic songs there! And when you're older, you'll identify more. Most of us have been drunk, have done something we regretted (sometimes both of those things simultaneously, lol), had our hearts broken, broken someone else's heart, love our families, miss our parents, etc. Much of what they sing about is universal. And some of it is very fun, too!

I really didn't like Country, until I lived with a girl who listened to nothing but Country. I heard it pretty much everyday, and now I'm getting into it. I've been obsessed with the Dixie Chicks for the past few months now and Tim McGraw. I've just started listening to Country and I like it a lot.

PUSH

I really didn't like Country, until I lived with a girl who listened to nothing but Country. I heard it pretty much everyday, and now I'm getting into it. I've been obsessed with the Dixie Chicks for the past few months now and Tim McGraw. I've just started listening to Country and I like it a lot.

Dixie Chicks are good, too bad they don't make new music, as far as I know, anymore. Tim McGraw isn't my favorite, but I don't dislike his music.

I really like Kellie Pickler. She's my favorite country artist right now. Miranda Lambert is pretty good, too.

Californian Elitist

Dixie Chicks are good, too bad they don't make new music, as far as I know, anymore. Tim McGraw isn't my favorite, but I don't dislike his music.

I really like Kellie Pickler. She's my favorite country artist right now. Miranda Lambert is pretty good, too.

Yeah, I just found out they broke up. Bummer! In regards to Tim McGraw, I've only heard one song by him and I really love it, LOL. I've been obsessed with just one song, I haven't heard the rest of his music.

I've heard a few of Kellie Pickler's songs, and I think she's really good. I know who Miranda Lambert is, but I haven't heard her music, yet. I need to check her out.

Tomi-Rocket

I think people need to realize if Aerosmith ever does get replaced they're going to have to pick a more relevant band. No Queen, Led Zepplin, people. Heck, even Bon Jovi is getting to be a bit too retro by now. And I'm not saying it will be a Justin Beiber type (God forbid!!) just a band who has been around less than 40-50 years.

StarWarsGirl

Country is definitely not all about drinking, dogs dying, etc. Haha! :p Yes, there are some (except I have never heard a song about a dog dying), but they are all the stereotypical kind that mostly, at least around here, hicks listen to for partying music. A lot of country songs, like many other songs, are about love. Did you know Whitney Houston's song "I Will Always Love You" was actually a country song by Dolly Parton? Taylor Swift doesn't give new age country a good look, though.

And my iPod has a very diverse selection. I have pop, rock, r&b, rap, etc. All of the people can actually sing though. I refuse to have a song on my iPod from people who can't sing. Examples would be Lady Gaga (thank God she's died down), Kesha (I refuse to spell a S with a dollar sign), etc. I do enjoy certain songs from Kelly Clarkson, but she can sing without autotune. Older rock is good, new rock is crap. R&B has a very few select songs that sound different from the other ones, IMO. Rap is the same way as R&B.

Oh I like some musical songs also. Mainly from Les Mis.
I hate rap. That's the one type of music besides country that I hate. I also happen to like Tay Swift. Not all of her stuff, but some of it is good. Yes I did know that Whitney Houston's song was originally by Dolly Parton. Not wild about either version. Whitney Houston unfortunately had vocal damage. Dolly...I like her as a person, but I'm not wild about country.

In the days before I was a licensed driver with a vehicle that has four wheels and an engine, I was forced to listen to a country station on the bus ride on the way to school. So much of it was about alcohol! "I'm pretty good at drinkin' beer". "One burbon, one scotch, one beer". Even Carrie Underwood, who I like, involves alcohol. "Last night I got served a little bit too much of that poison baby."

I agree with you on Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. Ridiculous. Don't like Usher either. I can do without the "Usher" at the beginning of every song.

Kelly Clarkson IMO is the best female solo artist ever. I love her. She's completely amazing.

I love Les Mis! My chorus is doing a Les Mis medley for our spring concert. Not that we are any good at all. Actually, I hate chorus, but that's a different story. There was a concert version of Les Mis on PBS the other day, and I watched the whole thing. All three hours of it. Especially once I saw Nick Jonas was playing Marius. I can't help it; I love the Jonas Brothers. I was a tween in that era. ;) I even created a Pandora station devoted to Les Mis music. I've listened to many casts, but I think that the movie cast is my favorite. Except for Russel Crowe. He never needs to sing ever again. Among my other favorites are The Lion King (broadway), Beauty and the Beast (broadway) Sound of Music, South Pacific, and Mamma Mia.

PUSH

I hate rap. That's the one type of music besides country that I hate. I also happen to like Tay Swift. Not all of her stuff, but some of it is good. Yes I did know that Whitney Houston's song was originally by Dolly Parton. Not wild about either version. Whitney Houston unfortunately had vocal damage. Dolly...I like her as a person, but I'm not wild about country.

In the days before I was a licensed driver with a vehicle that has four wheels and an engine, I was forced to listen to a country station on the bus ride on the way to school. So much of it was about alcohol! "I'm pretty good at drinkin' beer". "One burbon, one scotch, one beer". Even Carrie Underwood, who I like, involves alcohol. "Last night I got served a little bit too much of that poison baby."

I agree with you on Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. Ridiculous. Don't like Usher either. I can do without the "Usher" at the beginning of every song.

Kelly Clarkson IMO is the best female solo artist ever. I love her. She's completely amazing.

I love Les Mis! My chorus is doing a Les Mis medley for our spring concert. Not that we are any good at all. Actually, I hate chorus, but that's a different story. There was a concert version of Les Mis on PBS the other day, and I watched the whole thing. All three hours of it. Especially once I saw Nick Jonas was playing Marius. I can't help it; I love the Jonas Brothers. I was a tween in that era. ;) I even created a Pandora station devoted to Les Mis music. I've listened to many casts, but I think that the movie cast is my favorite. Except for Russel Crowe. He never needs to sing ever again. Among my other favorites are The Lion King (broadway), Beauty and the Beast (broadway) Sound of Music, South Pacific, and Mamma Mia.

I don't listen to any of the country songs that are all about alcohol. I consider that hick music. :p

Usher is awful. It seems like he just whispers.

I loved the movie cast for Les Mis. Hugh Jackman was amazing as Valjean. Anne Hathway has amazing vocals, and put so much emotion into "I Dreamed a Dream." Russell Crowe was good, IMO, but definitely not up to par with the rest of the cast. Samantha Barks (Eponine) has an amazing voice. I loved "On My Own" from her. Eddie Redmayne and Amanda Seyfried have great voices as Marius and Cosette, too. Sacha Baron Cohen was very good as M. Thénardier. Him and Mme Thénardier were so funny, but they played the parts perfectly! Les Mis is my favorite musical of all time, not that I've seen that many musicals, but I do enjoy musical songs from time to time.

StarWarsGirl

I don't listen to any of the country songs that are all about alcohol. I consider that hick music. :p

Usher is awful. It seems like he just whispers.

I loved the movie cast for Les Mis. Hugh Jackman was amazing as Valjean. Anne Hathway has amazing vocals, and put so much emotion into "I Dreamed a Dream." Russell Crowe was good, IMO, but definitely not up to par with the rest of the cast. Samantha Barks (Eponine) has an amazing voice. I loved "On My Own" from her. Eddie Redmayne and Amanda Seyfried have great voices as Marius and Cosette, too. Sacha Baron Cohen was very good as M. Thénardier. Him and Mme Thénardier were so funny, but they played the parts perfectly! Les Mis is my favorite musical of all time, not that I've seen that many musicals, but I do enjoy musical songs from time to time.
Samantha Barks was actually in the 25th anniversary cast (the one that includes Nick Jonas) before joining the movie cast. There's a good reason that they picked her for the movie. She was amazing in the cast. I love Amanda Seyfried. I liked her in Mamma Mia and love her in Les Mis. She has a nice soprano. Russel Crowe tends to swallow his voice. I'm a bit more picky from having been a singer. I can hear what they do wrong, so some of it bothers me. I wouldn't say Les Mis is my favorite musical of all time, but it's one of my favorites. All time has to be either South Pacific or Sound of Music.

PUSH

Samantha Barks was actually in the 25th anniversary cast (the one that includes Nick Jonas) before joining the movie cast. There's a good reason that they picked her for the movie. She was amazing in the cast. I love Amanda Seyfried. I liked her in Mamma Mia and love her in Les Mis. She has a nice soprano. Russel Crowe tends to swallow his voice. I'm a bit more picky from having been a singer. I can hear what they do wrong, so some of it bothers me. I wouldn't say Les Mis is my favorite musical of all time, but it's one of my favorites. All time has to be either South Pacific or Sound of Music.

Samantha Barks was great in the 25th anniversary. Nick Jonas on the other hand... Sorry, but I'm not a big Jonas Brother fan. He doesn't have a theater voice, IMO. Not that Russell Crowe does either, but I was expecting him to brutally ruin the entire musical. He was convincing as Javert. If only his singing was a bit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom