QUEEN is the only band to replace Aerosmith in my opinion

Florida_is_hot

Aerosmith no international audience ?? Canadian I like Aerosmith
Same with KISS

Springsteen kind of find boring, and only for Americans... "Born in the USA" has zero interest for somebody that actually was not " Born in the USA".

Bon Jovi not a huge fan have a few tracks "Symphony for the Devil" , "You give Love a Bad Name" .... not a bad band.

But the problem is you can never pick a band that appeals to everybody.
You do not remember the 80s you are likely not much of a fan of any bands mentioned in this thread.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But the problem is you can never pick a band that appeals to everybody.

Correct. Plus, with the fractured nature of music (different genres, different tastes, different cultures, different eras) even the biggest band in the world (if you could correctly identify it) wouldn't have but a handful of people out of a 100 who could name more than 5 songs. That's why the Universal concept of Rip, Ride, Rockit is so good.

luv

Oh, who doesn't like "You Shook Me All Night Long"? I have yet to be anywhere the song is played where it is not very well received. Even kids don't hate it.

But the "Choose your own song" thing was an excellent idea. Several songs there I'm happy with. (It just should have included AC/DC, as they have perfect rollercoaster music. :))

Dads 2 Boys

Cool thread.Just glad it wasn't me that started it. ( Bump it ) Anyway my choice would be the rock band of the year who are,after 39 years together,about to be inaugurated into the Rock n Roll hall of fame in April.Who are they??? RUSH...

I'd love for them to be part of the ride but we all know it will not happen. Being the greatest in your field and the most popular are definitely mutually exclusive. There are so many examples of this from music to sports but to use this topic as the example...RUSH and Bon Jovi. If anyone wants to even bring up a talent level comparison (for any instrument) it would be assinine but there is no mistaking that Bon Jovi is wildly more popular as a whole. They are perhaps the most popular band worldwide since the late 80's.

Dads 2 Boys

Aerosmith is still a huge band, they made Sweet Emotion which is and always will be one of the most iconic rock and roll songs. A lot of the bands mentioned in this thread owe a huge debt to Aerosmith.

That being said, the only band or person that could replace Aerosmith would be Bruce Springsteen. Any other band/performer is really just kidding themselves.

Jimmy Thick- Gone for a while and I come back to this?

I actually disagree with you.....might be a first. LOL But I am not a fan of Springsteen nor do I think he would fit for the ride. His music is not (as a whole) transcending enough to work for this ride.

Ironically enough though is that my favorite band is RUSH, which like Springsteen, is an acquired taste.

captainkidd

Bon Jovi not a huge fan have a few tracks "Symphony for the Devil" , "You give Love a Bad Name" .... not a bad band.

Sympathy For The Devil was done by the Rolling Stones, then covered by Guns n' Roses.

Bon Jovi is known for Bad Name (as you said), Livin' On A Prayer, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Bad Medicine, It's My Life.

Good mix video.

Figments Friend

-

Big QUEEN fan here....yeah....and although i would dig seeing their music used for such a attraction, there is a part of me that has a hard time seeing it happen.

Not sure why....just does not seem to have enough of a *macho* song catalog for the type of thrill coaster RNRC is. Cannot really see teens and twenty somethings lining up to ride a coaster with some of the probable song choices..and that is coming from someone who knows this Band inside and out.

With all due respects to Queen, my vote would be for AC/DC.
I think Queen*s guitarist would agree with me!

:)

lunchbox1175

I wouldn't replace Aeorsmith, and while i love Queen, i need something thats going to get me going so I am gonna have to go with Guns & Roses...take off to "Welcome to the Jungle", then a little "You Could be Mine", and finish it off with "Paradise City"

dman1373

I don't care if this band takes over the rnr, but i think that the beatles need a ride. The beatles are not only the most successful group of all time, but the majority of the people any of you guys mentioned have covered the beatles. I would rather have the beatles have where the american idol experience is. Have beatle animotronics on the stage through out the years with different backdrops switching out and then all types of things popping out everywhere.

taz0162

Hootie & The Blowfish (saw them performing at pleasure island a couple months before they became famous and anyone could walk up to the stage and now the lead singer is country and his blowfish have gone the way of the doodoo)...No really mix up the song selectionfor maybe 6 different songs randomized per ride. Older established groups where the audience would be more likely to know the song/or groups name. In no particular order:

Aerosmith : Back in the Saddle
Guns&Roses: Paradise City
Metallica : Enter Sandman
Pearl Jam : Spin the Black Circle
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Love Rollercoaster (Their version)
Maroon 5 : Moves Like Jagger (Newer but known song)

Bparso87

Hootie & The Blowfish (saw them performing at pleasure island a couple months before they became famous and anyone could walk up to the stage and now the lead singer is country and his blowfish have gone the way of the doodoo)...No really mix up the song selectionfor maybe 6 different songs randomized per ride. Older established groups where the audience would be more likely to know the song/or groups name. In no particular order:

Aerosmith : Back in the Saddle
Guns&Roses: Paradise City
Metallica : Enter Sandman
Pearl Jam : Spin the Black Circle
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Love Rollercoaster (Their version)
Maroon 5 : Moves Like Jagger (Newer but known song)
Good list but

Pearl jam should be even flow and chilli peppers should be under the bridge.

HatboxGhost

Chris Brown!!!!!! This way there is always that chance of getting punched in the face. It makes it more suspenseful and exciting. :p
If you ARE one of the lucky ones to get a shot to the face, then you get a free t shirt. :)

Vader2112

Aerosmith no international audience ?? Canadian I like Aerosmith
Same with KISS

Springsteen kind of find boring, and only for Americans... "Born in the USA" has zero interest for somebody that actually was not " Born in the USA".

Agreed Springsteen is not a fit for a Roller Coaster. Born in the USA is not exactly a Patriotic America song. It is about protest and some American's having a sense of entitlement being born here. It neds something electrifying. How about some RUSH!!! YYZ, Spirit of the Radio, Dreamline,Red Barchetta. In my minds Fantasyland a 2112 Coaster and Darkride. Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation...We Have Assumed Control. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom