QUEEN is the only band to replace Aerosmith in my opinion

Sped2424

Queen would make that ride for my dad and me, its one of our favorite bands and for us to share that on a ride at Hollywood studios would be great.

StarWarsGirl

Samantha Barks was great in the 25th anniversary. Nick Jonas on the other hand... Sorry, but I'm not a big Jonas Brother fan. He doesn't have a theater voice, IMO. Not that Russell Crowe does either, but I was expecting him to brutally ruin the entire musical. He was convincing as Javert. If only his singing was a bit better.
I was pleasantly surprised by Nick Jonas. It took a minute to register that it was even him. He has a nice voice for theater IMO. Given that's where he started out, you would think he would. I like his voice. It's a nice tenor. But also, he's cute. Being a girl, it was eye candy and music, lol. Russel Crowe's acting was fine, but like I said, he never needs to sing ever again.

StarWarsGirl

@ueen would make that ride for my dad and me, its one of our favorite bands and for us to share that on a ride at Hollywood studios would be great.
The problem is that Queen's music isn't quite as "hard" as Aerosmith's. Aerosmith's music makes that ride. Once, i rode it and the sound was out. Not nearly as thrilling or wild without the music.

The only replacement I can see would be guests using an RFID card and choosing their own music ahead of time. Makes the most sense IMO. But for now, Aerosmith can stay. They're a good group because they're known and liked around the adult population and surprisingly among teens and young adults.

Sped2424

The problem is that Queen's music isn't quite as "hard" as Aerosmith's. Aerosmith's music makes that ride. Once, i rode it and the sound was out. Not nearly as thrilling or wild without the music.

The only replacement I can see would be guests using an RFID card and choosing their own music ahead of time. Makes the most sense IMO. But for now, Aerosmith can stay. They're a good group because they're known and liked around the adult population and surprisingly among teens and young adults.
You put Having a good time on that roller coaster and tell me that wouldn't be the best thing since the dole whip float!

Jimmy Thick

Aerosmith is still a huge band, they made Sweet Emotion which is and always will be one of the most iconic rock and roll songs. A lot of the bands mentioned in this thread owe a huge debt to Aerosmith.

That being said, the only band or person that could replace Aerosmith would be Bruce Springsteen. Any other band/performer is really just kidding themselves.

Jimmy Thick- Gone for a while and I come back to this?

HatboxGhost

I have to agree. KISS to me would be great fit.
When my Wife and I went last time, we discussed who would be a good replacement and we both, at the same time, said KISS. We are both huge KISS fans(not really fans of the stuff that has been coming out in the last decade or so) and the theatrical side to them would be a good fit imo.
For the record, I really do like having Aerosmith there now but would also say that QUEEN....AC/DC....VAN HALEN....ALICE COOPER(can you imagine how cool and spooky they could make it?).....METALLICA....and even PRIEST and MAIDEN would be cool imo.
BON JOVI would be great but only if they would play tunes from the first two albums...Bon Jovi and 7800 Fahrenheit(I am a sucker for the first two)

emcclay

Samantha Barks was great in the 25th anniversary. Nick Jonas on the other hand... Sorry, but I'm not a big Jonas Brother fan. He doesn't have a theater voice, IMO. Not that Russell Crowe does either, but I was expecting him to brutally ruin the entire musical. He was convincing as Javert. If only his singing was a bit better.

Compared to all the other men who have played Marius in the West End.. Jonas really is not up to caliber.

Anyways, I'm not sure that there is a relevant band to replaces Aerosmith with today. My vote would be for Led Zeppelin. But, one dead member and the fact they look way past their prime yields no pre-ride video. TWDC could just turn it into JT's 20/20 Experience. :)

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Metallica FTW! I'd mark out if Metallica ever had a ride featuring them and some of their music.

Realistically I'd say Red Hot Chili Peppers... Get down with that funky bass!

captainkidd

Since this is all just a hypothetical anyways, it's kind of fun to guess about it. There are a few names mentioned that simply have no international audience (Aerosmith, oddly, is one of them). KISS is big in Japan, but that's about it. Europe and Africa don't even know who KISS is. Jimmy mentioned Springsteen. He has a decent overseas audience, but holds zero interest to younger people.

Bon Jovi is the most obvious choice. They've got plenty of great rock songs to mix into the ride. They're not into drugs. They stay out of the tabloids (as much as possible). Jon's a great philanthrapist. He's a family man. And everyone knows at least a few Bon Jovi songs. People talk about Led Zeppelin a lot, but the majority of people can't name 5 songs by them without looking up the titles.

Bparso87

Metallica FTW! I'd mark out if Metallica ever had a ride featuring them and some of their music.

Realistically I'd say Red Hot Chili Peppers... Get down with that funky bass!
U read my mine was thinking 90s rock chilli peepers, nirvana r pearl jam would be great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom