QUEEN is the only band to replace Aerosmith in my opinion

Spikerdink

Weak...as was the Partridge Family. For a TRUELY Hollywood made band, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

SPINAL TAP!

:D
The Monkees were cuter! o_O Who could forget Davy Jones singing to Marsha Brady?? [AND...Davy Jones was such a big star that he forced another iconic singer to change his name....who can name that singer??]

Mr Bill

I don't see any reason to replace Aerosmith any time soon, but the obvious choice for a replacement would be Dwight Yoakam.

The Monkees were cuter! o_O Who could forget Davy Jones singing to Marsha Brady?? [AND...Davy Jones was such a big star that he forced another iconic singer to change his name....who can name that singer??]
That would be David Bowie

Cmdr_Crimson

If they ever had to do press with KISS, it would be a public relations nightmare for Disney.

Well, Merchandise would be rather unique tho...
tumblr_lbh7ovHcDc1qbc9oso1_400.jpg

luv

For those about to rock is indeed the song and title of the album.
But "Back in Black" was the only only album to produce a song that made "The Filthy Fifteen" list, lol. To this day, I cannot see Tipper Gore without thinking of the fight I had with my mother the day I came home to find her with my albums. Sex! Drugs! Violence! Homosexuality! OMG!!!!!!!!!

It was a long afternoon, lol.

EOD K9

Queen has some fantastic early stuff off of their self titled albums I and II. They are right up there with the Beatles.
Watch this video and you will see their true genius.

If not Queen, there is always Hanson.

dave&di

I love that loads of British bands are being nominated! Queen are my favourite band followed by Led Zeppelin. I think Led Zeppelin would work brilliantly on RnRc.

litaljohn

Obvious bias here as Bon Jovi is my favorite group, but they would make the most sense.

-They're safe.
-They've spanned generations.
-They're still relevant (new album debuted at #1 last week and they have the #1 tour in the world right now.)
-Most importantly, they're massive on a global scale. That's key at WDW with all the visitors from other countries. The only band that has as large of a worldwide fan base is U2. I love Aerosmith, but they're not big at all outside of the US.

As for Queen, though I like a lot of their music, they were never huge in the US. Like many acts, they became more popular after Freddie died.

it doesn't make you biased for liking Bon Jovi best.... it makes you right!!!! (j/k everyone else)

seriously though it would work out great, again worldwide they sell amazingly, and the Bon Jovi and samboras Facebook are full of international well wishers.

they have that broad appeal, but also are able to work with others even outside music and their comfort zone. for instance they dealt with MLB and the city government of NYC being one of the few bands to play on the great lawn in central park including greats like Simon and garfinkle (little inside joke there for anyone who remembers bloomburgs painfully embarrassing mistake that Jon actually made of him for at both the press conference and at the actual show.)

Bon Jovi also gives back!!!!!!! this is a huge one. this one is really fitting for Disney and relations with guests. Anyone who's a big Jovi fan is likely well aware of the Soul Kitchen, an amazing charity with various restaurants around. (including one in Red Bank NJ, next to Jons current hometown in Middletown NJ. (my hometown too) in fact his parents in holmdel volunteer there often as well) it looks great for everyone of Disney got on board with the soul kitchen and Jon got on board for the ride

plus everyone in jersey tries to go and retire in Florida anyway, you are feeding a fan base Disney!!!

and hey 130 million plus Bon Jovi fans can't be wrong. I mean maybe some Jovi fans don't see it, but this left feels right. plus Disney can now get new warning signs all over the park for attractions during storms..... caution: "slippery when wet"

StarWarsGirl

Let's replace Aerosmith with One Direction!!!!;)

Haha, NO. :rolleyes: I don't want Aerosmith to ever be replaced. I love Aerosmith. I can't even think of a group that I would want to replace them. It's also because of Rock n Rollercoaster that I developed a love for Aerosmith. I always thought they sounded pretty good.

Or maybe you'd like to replace Aerosmith with a medley of High School Musical music;). Or the Jonas Brothers. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom