proof that WDW has done nothing to improve the parks in yeqrs

raymusiccity

They are only stale to those of us that have been a gazillion times. To the majority of the guests these days they are brand new. We have got to try and remember that the parks are not really designed to make our obsessiveness fully satisfied.

That pretty much sums it up. We've been coming to Disney World since 1975. Our children, and now our grandchildren have enjoyed something new, as well as visiting their favorites, each and every time. Bigger isn't always better. Our fairly recent step up to DVC has breathed even more fresh air to our time at WDW. I guess it's like that old adage .....'You can please some of the people some of the time'.... :)

Cesar R M

Things like Ellen's Universe of Energy is stale - period. I don't care who you are or how many times you been or not been. Alex Trebek still has dark hair and a mustache in those videos. Let's not forget Captain EO with Michael Jackson - a guy who died for 5 years. I could go on (and on and on), but there is a lot that is stale even to the casual visitor.
some could be classified as "classics".. Id say Captain Eo would imho.

AndyS2992

They are only stale to those of us that have been a gazillion times. To the majority of the guests these days they are brand new. We have got to try and remember that the parks are not really designed to make our obsessiveness fully satisfied.
While I would agree I also have to disagree. I rode Universe of Energy in 2012 for the first ever time and even then I thought it was dated and needed a major overhaul. Dated is probably a better description than stale although it means the same thing.

Bairstow

While I would agree I also have to disagree. I rode Universe of Energy in 2012 for the first ever time and even then I thought it was dated and needed a major overhaul. Dated is probably a better description than stale although it means the same thing.

How's this:

The last scene in the Carousel of Progress is dated.
Tomorrowland Speedway is stale.
Ellen is both.

FettFan

1995: "Hey guys...yeah...you know how popular Bill Nye the Science Guy is these days? He'd be a major draw for Universe of Energy. I mean, seriously you guys. We need to strike while the iron is HOT!"

*BNTSG cancelled a year and a half after he's added to UoE*

2008: "Hey guys...yeah...you know how popular American Idol is these days? It would be a MAJOR draw for DHS!"
*Paula quits, Simon quits, revolving guest hosts and a staggering drop in viewership*

2014: "Hey guys...yeah...you know how pop-"

"SHUT THE HELL UP, LENNY!"

spacemt354

Chili's
The Magic King on opened in 1971. In 1982 a Epoct opened. In 1989 MGM Hollywood Studio opened. In 1994 Animal Kingdom opened. What has been done sine. Nothing. It is not only time to finish the planned expansion of Animal Kingdom but put in Cars land other attraction to DHS and finally update Epcot both in Future world and 23rd show Case. However we are also due a 5th Gate. This is the longer gap for a new park since WDW opened.. Even if a new gate were opened in 2021 it would be way past due.

Current management has neglected WDW and even though I love the Disney Springs upgrade and Magic Bands, Fast Pass plus and my Disney Experience and have faith in the company it is time to show all those on the East Coast the Disney cares about us. 5.8 billion in Shanghai, more in France, Hong Kong resorts and Paris, Florida has been neglected. Spend a few Billion here for major improvements and the bottom line will grow so fast you would be amazed.

I tend to stray away from threads where titles are spelled incorrectly, but I couldn't resist this one.

What has been done sine? I mean, since, the last Walt Disney World park opened? That question has already been answered. And actually, you answered it yourself! You love the Disney Springs upgrade. That's not nothing, that's something!

Also there are billions of dollars being spent at Disney. The Magic Bands, FP+ and MDE that you have faith in has cost billions of dollars (with a B). You're calling to spend a few billion here for major improvements. Well Disney did spend billions, just not in the areas you're calling for.

Look if you want to call out Disney for under-performing the last few years, I'll be right there with you. But at least take the time to make a coherent and accurate argument on your end. I cringe reading the post I'm responding to.

BobConnor

AK opened in 1998. Since 1998..

Space Ranger Spin
Test Track
Rock 'n' roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Tricera Top Spin
Primeval Whirl
Misson: SPACE
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Expedition Everest
Monster's Inc Laugh Floor
Soarin'
Toy Story Midway Mania
Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid
Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride

Just to name a few...

Yes, I agree there should be more, but it's inaccurate to say they have done nothing. New gates don't open on a schedule, they are opened as needed. Logically that rate has to slow down at some point since you don't have an unlimited customer base.

How could you forget Stitch's Great Escape!? Only Disney could come up with something sooooo bad!

WDWDad13

Where's the proof? ;) :bookworm:

Also don't forget all of the resort work that has been done since 1998. DVC........

This is also a perfect thread for my picture "I can't"

I know the point you're trying to make but you're forgetting art of animation and the fact that every DVC resort has rooms that can also be booked by non-DVC members

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Honestly, it just looks like someone is tweeking as they come down off that Pixie Dust high they've been riding.

seascape

Original Poster
How could you forget Stitch's Great Escape!? Only Disney could come up with something sooooo bad!
I don't like to use the word "hate" but I have to agree with you on Stitch. 2nd thought up that ride? If they wanted a new ride they should have started from scratch. And not used the same mechanism as mission to the moon. Take about something dated, stale and in need of change.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't like to use the word "hate" but I have to agree with you on Stitch. 2nd thought up that ride? If they wanted a new ride they should have started from scratch. And not used the same mechanism as mission to the moon. Take about something dated, stale and in need of change.

I actually liked Alien Encounter. It was a pretty cool ride when it first opened. Neutering it with Stitch was borderline criminal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How's this:

The last scene in the Carousel of Progress is dated.
Tomorrowland Speedway is stale.
Ellen is both.
My personal opinion is COP should go back to the original final scene. It's pointless to try to update it with true cutting edge technology since the attraction relies almost completely on nostalgia to exist. It should end with a view of the future and cutting edge new technology as they existed in the 1960s. After all Tomorrowland is really more of a retro look at the future from 1971 instead of an actual look at the future today.

Ellen needs to go. I think she is probably still relevant as a personality, but it would just be nice to freshen things up. What I would like to see is a new video for the ride and possibly an expansion of the pavilion with some exhibits on current and future advances in the energy industry. Exhibits showing how solar power works and maybe some of the new technologies being developed. Green energy is the future. A new sponsor would go a long way. Maybe keep Exxon as the main sponsor but bring in an additional sponsor for the new expansion pavilion. Solar City, Nextera and NRG are all big into green power and would be good fits.

Tomorrowland Speedway is dated. One improvement I think would be a no brainer would be a new sponsor. Maybe upgrade the cars to all electric and bring in Tesla as a sponsor. There's probably room for a small showroom area where they could showcase their newest models. They could spruce up the landscaping and try to make the ride a little more interesting too. Really adding electric cars would go a long way to get rid of the exhaust and the noise from the cars.

seascape

Original Poster
I see where you are coming from. All they need to do is take the forced distribution of timed plans currently available and apply a regimented application of process development to affectuate the proper outcome. Barring cyclical downturns in the availability of raw consumer goods, Disney could implement an aggressive build out of stagnant infrastructure further enhancing discretionary income. It's a solid plan for sure.

I think one of the most important ways to gain market share is the technology but also using Disney Transportation can help. One of the things the hotels by Disney Springs advertise is the Disney Transportation System. I would like them to expand. As a DVC owner we pay for it in our dues. I think Disney World Transportation should offer to run busses to the Bennett Creek resorts. I know they are not owned by Disney but they could make a profit and benefit those resorts and in turn increase attendance. Then once the first phase of Flamingo Crossing is done offer the service to those hotels and Orange Lake. Orange Lake has lots of land to expand on and this would help them and again Disney.

To plan for the future a company has to think about all its options both inside the company that they have control over and outside. I think everyone will agree that other companies will continue to build attractions in Orlando and hotels and timeshares will continue to be built. The question is how to take advantage of it all.

crispy

You realize that despite being dead for five years, he still came out with a new album this month?

Doesn't make him not dead and doesn't make Captain EO not stale.

Many celebrity musicians have songs/albums come out posthumously. Elvis and Hank Williams, Sr. are two that come to mind immediately. I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of eggs.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think one of the most important ways to gain market share is the technology but also using Disney Transportation can help. One of the things the hotels by Disney Springs advertise is the Disney Transportation System. I would like them to expand. As a DVC owner we pay for it in our dues. I think Disney World Transportation should offer to run busses to the Bennett Creek resorts. I know they are not owned by Disney but they could make a profit and benefit those resorts and in turn increase attendance. Then once the first phase of Flamingo Crossing is done offer the service to those hotels and Orange Lake. Orange Lake has lots of land to expand on and this would help them and again Disney.

To plan for the future a company has to think about all its options both inside the company that they have control over and outside. I think everyone will agree that other companies will continue to build attractions in Orlando and hotels and timeshares will continue to be built. The question is how to take advantage of it all.
So, this has moved from "Disney isn't doing anything to improve WDW" to "Here's what I want Disney to do to improve WDW." Well, at least it's in (sort of) the right forum now....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom