Project Z

flavious27

F&F?

As for the Tron ride, we can hypothesize all we want, but the rumor that's out there right now is a coaster. What I'd like to see for a vehicle type is a vehicl that can pivot like the mine cars can pivot, but actually have the pivot point at the base of the vehicle as opposed to the top of the vehicle. It would make it a more true pivot (like a motorcycle/light cycle) instead of the "swivel" that's going to be incorporated with Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

fast_and_furious.jpg

lazyboy97o

That's not the way the licensing works works.

Universal and their usage of Marvel characters is now effectively being watched over by Disney. Since they are Disney characters, Universal has to make sure anything and everything they do involving the Marvel Universe passes their approval.

Iger said he'd honor the commitments, so its not as if he's going to kick Spiderman out of Universal next week, but in the next few years they'll likely discuss ending the (unlikely) partnership.

If any money is transferred, it would be Universal to Disney. Disney will pay nothing for demolition/refurbishment of a Universal ride property.
There are only two ways that Disney gets those characters back, Universal is negligent in their use of the characters or Disney buys out the contract. Disney is stuck with a contract that greatly favors Universal who will get to tell Disney to pay a certain amount or get lost. The actual contract has been posted several times, Universal is in a great position when it comes to this contract.

juniorthomas

There are only two ways that Disney gets those characters back, Universal is negligent in their use of the characters or Disney buys out the contract. Disney is stuck with a contract that greatly favors Universal who will get to tell Disney to pay a certain amount or get lost. The actual contract has been posted several times, Universal is in a great position when it comes to this contract.

As soon as Disney starts insisting on branding them as Disney's Marvel characters, you can bet Universal will want out.

lazyboy97o

As soon as Disney starts insisting on branding them as Disney's Marvel characters, you can bet Universal will want out.
Destroying the confidence Disney was trying to build into Marvel as their owners.

And to my reading, that would also open up a potential breach of contract on Disney's part, just by having Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney existing. Universal gets access to

"The present inventory of the Marvel characters is set forth in the schedule to be attached or provided by Marvel promptly after execution hereof, plus any characters developed or acquired or licensed in the future by Marvel which (x) are marketed under the Marvel “Banner” or (y) were previously marketed under the Marvel “Banner” during the term hereof and are subsequently marketed under the “Banner” of a Marvel Related Company (defined below)."

and

"As used herein, a “Marvel Related Company” shall mean any entity that is owned in whole by Marvel or (i) in which Marvel (or a company in (iii), (iv) or (v) below) has at least a 25% equity interest, (ii) Marvel (or a company in (iii), (iv) or (v) below) has a significant board representation, (iii) is a parent of Marvel, (iv) is controlled by an entity which (directly or indirectly) controls Marvel, or (v) is an “affiliate” of Marvel as defined in the 1933 Securities Act."

I think Universal would have a point if, being told to use the term "Disney's Marvel", that the Disney characters are now included in their exclusivity agreement.

flavious27

F&F?

As for the Tron ride, we can hypothesize all we want, but the rumor that's out there right now is a coaster. What I'd like to see for a vehicle type is a vehicl that can pivot like the mine cars can pivot, but actually have the pivot point at the base of the vehicle as opposed to the top of the vehicle. It would make it a more true pivot (like a motorcycle/light cycle) instead of the "swivel" that's going to be incorporated with Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

the-fast-and-the-furious-dvd.jpg

Thrill Seeker

Destroying the confidence Disney was trying to build into Marvel as their owners.

And to my reading, that would also open up a potential breach of contract on Disney's part, just by having Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney existing. Universal gets access to

"The present inventory of the Marvel characters is set forth in the schedule to be attached or provided by Marvel promptly after execution hereof, plus any characters developed or acquired or licensed in the future by Marvel which (x) are marketed under the Marvel “Banner” or (y) were previously marketed under the Marvel “Banner” during the term hereof and are subsequently marketed under the “Banner” of a Marvel Related Company (defined below)."

and

"As used herein, a “Marvel Related Company” shall mean any entity that is owned in whole by Marvel or (i) in which Marvel (or a company in (iii), (iv) or (v) below) has at least a 25% equity interest, (ii) Marvel (or a company in (iii), (iv) or (v) below) has a significant board representation, (iii) is a parent of Marvel, (iv) is controlled by an entity which (directly or indirectly) controls Marvel, or (v) is an “affiliate” of Marvel as defined in the 1933 Securities Act."

I think Universal would have a point if, being told to use the term "Disney's Marvel", that the Disney characters are now included in their exclusivity agreement.

There is talk of Disney wanting to buy Universal's contract up. Not sure if it will happen though. It sounds like they are chomping at the bit to bring Marvel fully under it's roof.

NoChesterHester

The term "coaster" could really mean so many things though right? Coaster really just means that it is a vehicle that is tracked to rails and it uses the track shape and gravity to excite.

I like your idea of a pivoting coaster. I'm sure that we haven't even approached what is really possible with a coaster type ride system. I also remember earlier in the thread, the term "multiple launch coaster" was used. This could be a very unique experience mixing the gravity driven forces of a tracked coaster with extreme visual elements and multiple acceleration points based on these launches. The possibilities are endless.

plutoismyhero

F&F?

It would be awesome if it was something like this where the track didnt necessarily turn 90 it was gradual but the car went 90 and then slowely went in line with the track/base of the vehicle, but the car would stay straight if you can understand what i am saying

juniorthomas

and

Is that the original agreement, or has it been modified after Disney's purchase of Marvel?

Where is that document online?

juniorthomas

The term "coaster" could really mean so many things though right? Coaster really just means that it is a vehicle that is tracked to rails and it uses the track shape and gravity to excite.

I like your idea of a pivoting coaster. I'm sure that we haven't even approached what is really possible with a coaster type ride system. I also remember earlier in the thread, the term "multiple launch coaster" was used. This could be a very unique experience mixing the gravity driven forces of a tracked coaster with extreme visual elements and multiple acceleration points based on these launches. The possibilities are endless.

Is it just me or does a ride that makes immediate (or even almost immediate) 90 degree turns sound incredibly painful?

NoChesterHester

Is it just me or does a ride that makes immediate (or even almost immediate) 90 degree turns sound incredibly painful?

I agree, could be downright dangerous with the g-forces exerted.

That is why we may be in for something no one here is envisioning. Wasn't there a scene in the movie with Tron jets that swooped instead of jerked?

juniorthomas

I agree, could be downright dangerous with the g-forces exerted.

That is why we may be in for something no one here is envisioning. Wasn't there a scene in the movie with Tron jets that swooped instead of jerked?

Yeah I think we're more likely to get in one of those tron SUVs for a chase. Inevitably, VR Jeff Bridges will drive in front of us and we'll end up interacting with his lightcycle...

lebeau

Looks like the rumors of the Tron 3 trailer were bogus although they did film some footage exclusively for the DVD which kinda sorta sets up a sequel. But unless the DVD/Bluray sales on Tron: Legacy are through the roof, I wouldn't count on that sequel ever getting made.

So if you ever want to see Tron 3 (and if you want to increase the chances of Project Z coming to Orlando) I'd recommend buying as many copies of Tron: Legacy as your budget will allow.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Looks like the rumors of the Tron 3 trailer were bogus although they did film some footage exclusively for the DVD which kinda sorta sets up a sequel. But unless the DVD/Bluray sales on Tron: Legacy are through the roof, I wouldn't count on that sequel ever getting made.

So if you ever want to see Tron 3 (and if you want to increase the chances of Project Z coming to Orlando) I'd recommend buying as many copies of Tron: Legacy as your budget will allow.

Available April 5.....:)

lebeau

Available April 5.....:)

What I want to know is, when will it be available on Netflix? I believe Disney cost themselves some money in sales/rentals on "Alice in Wonderland" by making it available for streaming on Netflix right away. Selfishly, I'm hoping they make the same mistake with Tron because I want to watch it but don't want to shell out any extra $.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What I want to know is, when will it be available on Netflix? I believe Disney cost themselves some money in sales/rentals on "Alice in Wonderland" by making it available for streaming on Netflix right away. Selfishly, I'm hoping they make the same mistake with Tron because I want to watch it but don't want to shell out any extra $.

Since they're offering both TRON movies on DVD, I have to imagine that a little while after their release Netflix will carry both. It would certainly help the bottom line in the end....

threvester

the disney/pixar movies are part of the starz package..so as soon as tron makes it to starz it will be available for streaming

lebeau

the disney/pixar movies are part of the starz package..so as soon as tron makes it to starz it will be available for streaming

Excellent. I hadn't put two and two together. But now that you mention it, I have been enjoying a lot of Disney films on Netflix!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom