Project Z

flavious27

YES YES YES Awesome
I have had an idea for a tron ride like this for about a 6-8 months....lightcycles and such but i never really got far with it since i really didnt think it was a good concept, even though i liked it so much i feel that it would be too SLOW for a tron ride.

Well it matters how much wear and tear making fast 90 degree turns will be on the tires. They could use a maglev track to be fast but I don't know if you could make a 90 degree turn with a maglev vehicle.

flavious27

I personally see that day as a win-win for both companies. Disney can finally break free and use their Marvel characters in their parks, and Universal gets the chance to add a whole 'new' land to IOA, basically courtesy of Disney! I would like to see them use some of those old Batman/DC Superhero island plans more than anything.

Knowing Uni, the Hulk is going to be a F&F ride.

I doubt that DC is going to partner with Uni and break their 6 flags contract and or that 6 flags will let them partner will uni.

Thrill

Well it matters how much wear and tear making fast 90 degree turns will be on the tires. They could use a maglev track to be fast but I don't know if you could make a 90 degree turn with a maglev vehicle.

Modern lightcycles don't need to make 90 degree turns. It might be possible, but I didn't see it in Tron Legacy or Tron Evolution. That part isn't the problem. The effects and probably capacity will be bigger issues.

lazyboy97o

I doubt that DC is going to partner with Uni and break their 6 flags contract and or that 6 flags will let them partner will uni.
That would depend entirely on how the contract between Warner Bros. and Six Flags is written. It could also be a source of money for Six Flags, who's nearest park is eight hours away outside Atlanta.

plutoismyhero

Modern lightcycles don't need to make 90 degree turns. It might be possible, but I didn't see it in Tron Legacy or Tron Evolution. That part isn't the problem. The effects and probably capacity will be bigger issues.

You could run 2 to 4 cars at a time to help capacity also 4 people per car or possibly more. If you ran 4 cars though i think you would have to make 2 tracks. 4 cars on one track would be kinda weird.
Also i agree with your statement about the 90 degree turn played the tron game no 90's in that plus there is alot more freedom of movement in the movie.

flavious27

Well they do have capacity issues with the pooh ride at dlt but it is also the most popular in fl; I doubt that a tron based ride is going to take that title away from sm in tl. As for the effects they could have the lightcycles look like the new ones with the LE around the wheels, then when the cycles accelerate their sides would illuminate to try to emulate the how the original lightcycles.

flavious27

That would depend entirely on how the contract between Warner Bros. and Six Flags is written. It could also be a source of money for Six Flags, who's nearest park is eight hours away outside Atlanta.

Well if anyone can find that data on-line it would be useful.

flavious27

You could run 2 to 4 cars at a time to help capacity also 4 people per car or possibly more. If you ran 4 cars though i think you would have to make 2 tracks. 4 cars on one track would be kinda weird.
Also i agree with your statement about the 90 degree turn played the tron game no 90's in that plus there is alot more freedom of movement in the movie.

I think that 4 person cycles would be ideal with two cycles released at one time.

plutoismyhero

I think that 4 person cycles would be ideal with two cycles released at one time.

Maybe they could do a 6 passenger setup in a way like SWSA with obvious differences for the track and vehicle. I really like that maglev vehicle, you can make that go any speed correct?? so it would be great for changing speeds

flavious27

Maybe they could do a 6 passenger setup in a way like SWSA with obvious differences for the track and vehicle. I really like that maglev vehicle, you can make that go any speed correct?? so it would be great for changing speeds

Yes, with a true maglev vehicle, you can shoot up to 60 mph then slow down just as fast. Tyco has a mini maglev train that would be the basis of what could be done. It just matters what the cost would be and if they can get the right vehicle in place.

Tyco-MagLev-Train-CEATEC-2.jpg

plutoismyhero

yes, with a true maglev vehicle, you can shoot up to 60 mph then slow down just as fast. Tyco has a mini maglev train that would be the basis of what could be done. It just matters what the cost would be and if they can get the right vehicle in place.

tyco-maglev-train-ceatec-2.jpg

one word
Awesome

juniorthomas

You know that is going to be a fun day for us, and a dark day for uni. Even if uni gets money from disney, it is going to be a cost for them to replace or try to retheme their current rides.

Well, this business is cyclical more often than not. Will that cost replacement for Universal equal the amount of people choosing WWoHP over a DisneyPark? Who knows. Its all a wash over time, though Disney will always end up on top because they did it first.

juniorthomas

Universal gets to decide how much Disney will pay them. The price they make Disney pay will include demolition, design, rebuild and profit. If anything, Universal should want Disney to buy out the Marvel contract as they make money and get Disney to pay for a killer replacement.

That's not the way the licensing works works.

Universal and their usage of Marvel characters is now effectively being watched over by Disney. Since they are Disney characters, Universal has to make sure anything and everything they do involving the Marvel Universe passes their approval.

Iger said he'd honor the commitments, so its not as if he's going to kick Spiderman out of Universal next week, but in the next few years they'll likely discuss ending the (unlikely) partnership.

If any money is transferred, it would be Universal to Disney. Disney will pay nothing for demolition/refurbishment of a Universal ride property.

juniorthomas

Isn't a true maglev a little (read: really, really) dangerous?

Kamikaze

You do know the reason for the 90 degree turns in the original Tron, right?

It was because drawing a curving route for everything was too difficult and time intensive for the tech they had. That simple. Thats why the new movie was much more realistic in that regard.

T-1MILLION

You do know the reason for the 90 degree turns in the original Tron, right?

It was because drawing a curving route for everything was too difficult and time intensive for the tech they had. That simple. Thats why the new movie was much more realistic in that regard.

But in return that has become part of the original's staple points.

It makes sense because it is more 'gridlike' to many people.

A ride would clearly have its limitations of course, but it would be awesome to see them attempt to simulate 90 degree turns as much as possible.

RSoxNo1

F&F?

As for the Tron ride, we can hypothesize all we want, but the rumor that's out there right now is a coaster. What I'd like to see for a vehicle type is a vehicl that can pivot like the mine cars can pivot, but actually have the pivot point at the base of the vehicle as opposed to the top of the vehicle. It would make it a more true pivot (like a motorcycle/light cycle) instead of the "swivel" that's going to be incorporated with Seven Dwarf's Mine Train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom