Project Z

lazyboy97o

Is that the original agreement, or has it been modified after Disney's purchase of Marvel?

Where is that document online?
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm
That is the original agreement. Credit for finding it goes to Krack. The only changes that I know of are from media reports that, as part of the government approving the purchase, is in regards to Marvel's right to audit Universal's books. Those numbers are not allowed anywhere near Parks and Resorts. I cannot remember if those numbers are being audited by a third party or handled in-house at Disney.

juniorthomas

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm
That is the original agreement. Credit for finding it goes to Krack. The only changes that I know of are from media reports that, as part of the government approving the purchase, is in regards to Marvel's right to audit Universal's books. Those numbers are not allowed anywhere near Parks and Resorts. I cannot remember if those numbers are being audited by a third party or handled in-house at Disney.

That agreement is between Universal and Marvel and is from 1994. Interesting, nevertheless.

testtracker

Yes, with a true maglev vehicle, you can shoot up to 60 mph then slow down just as fast. Tyco has a mini maglev train that would be the basis of what could be done. It just matters what the cost would be and if they can get the right vehicle in place.

Tyco-MagLev-Train-CEATEC-2.jpg

I came across this patent application, it seems like it may have some application to a Tron ride

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...87'.PGNR.&OS=DN/20090229487&RS=DN/20090229487

cheezbat

I wouldnt count the Magic Kingdom out just yet...I think this is exactly the kind of attraction the park needs. A new E ticket is long overdue at MK.

juniorthomas

The Tron coaster was rumored to be opened in 2014-2015. So, that's a full 2-3 years of attention on Fantasyland.

Which means they'll need to release another Tron film to build support for it. Pretty hefty investment into a ride that not everyone would be familiar with.

I think its more likely to be themed independently based on that time frame.

juniorthomas

What if the vehicles didn't "turn"...but the surrounding walls did...giving it the impression that you're turning 90 degrees.

Then you're in a ride that has movement but is essentially stationary like Star Tours.

Other wise, you'd still have to turn. If you went on a straight line and the walls turned, you'd end up driving right through them. Right?

WDWFREAK53

Then you're in a ride that has movement but is essentially stationary like Star Tours.

Other wise, you'd still have to turn. If you went on a straight line and the walls turned, you'd end up driving right through them. Right?

Well, kinda like Spider-Man in a way. When you're "falling" you're not actually falling, but the walls are moving giving you the sensation of falling.

The ride vehicle can move...just where you need to pull a 90 degree corner, the walls could move to give you the sensation of a 90 degree turn. (Or if it was just video screens that gave you the sensation)

Thrill

I still don't see why there's still an argument over 90 degree turns. Niether Tron Evolution nor Tron Legacy featured 90 degree turns. The light cycle movements in both the recent movie and game can be realistically accomplished by a ride.

drew_dawg

I was thinking what if they took one of the Indiana Jones and Dinosaur vehical and put it on water. And create an raft ride through the grand canyon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom