Project Z

juniorthomas

It will take more than that to drain guests from IOA, along with another marvel won't be at wdw for a bit.

As for being a rival, dhs usually has about double the attendance of ioa. As for needing more thrill rides, dhs was intended to be a rival to uni in the backstage movie studio category. DHS could add onto the 2 thrill rides that are there now, but it isn't going to add another 2 coasters and two log flumes rides to rival ioa.

Sure it was intended to do that, but things change. You can still maintain the backlot aspects of it while plussing the thrill rides as well. Two new rides would give them five thrill rides (RNR, ToT, STII, +2). Adding the two new rides would build new interest in the park and potentially lower congestion at existing rides at DHS.

But it all comes down to money and space. If they have neither, it doesn't really matter. And prioritywise, MK is on the front burner for now. Its not like E-tickets are all too easy to come by either...

Jrn14

I do not like the idea of calling the whole thing Pirates Land and replacing all the existing attractions..

I think maybe one more pirate attraction would be cool though.

ChrisM

Well the brains behind the start of the company, the guy that made the designs and products was woz, jobs has always been the marketer. I can't stand the way he talks about his products like they are light years ahead of everybody, but he is able to get away with it because of the following he created.

There are some similarities with walt but disney co was started by two people that were part of the company until their deaths. In all likelihood, apple will not survive with jobs being gone, his vision is what is steering the company.

This is just bemoaning someone else's success because you don't like them for some, probably obscure, reason. I've heard them all.

I don't particularly like Steve Jobs, the person, but there is no questioning his success. And it's not due to brainwashing the masses. His singular focus on industrial design and a comparatively seamless user experience along Apple's product lines is genius. There's a reason why Apple has succeeded in markets (or effectively created new ones) were so many before have failed, and why they are the consistent leaders in design and function.

By and large, Apple puts out great products that function well and look good, yet you're somehow scandalized by the marketing. An interesting take, I suppose.

flavious27

Sure it was intended to do that, but things change. You can still maintain the backlot aspects of it while plussing the thrill rides as well. Two new rides would give them five thrill rides (RNR, ToT, STII, +2). Adding the two new rides would build new interest in the park and potentially lower congestion at existing rides at DHS.

But it all comes down to money and space. If they have neither, it doesn't really matter. And prioritywise, MK is on the front burner for now. Its not like E-tickets are all too easy to come by either...

Well it matters what would be an e-ticket ride and how much it would cost to build one. I really hope that they don't build a carsland because one it would sap after resources for 3 - 5 attractions, and two it is getting old that wdw is getting dl clones.

flavious27

This is just bemoaning someone else's success because you don't like them for some, probably obscure, reason. I've heard them all.

I don't particularly like Steve Jobs, the person, but there is no questioning his success. And it's not due to brainwashing the masses. His singular focus on industrial design and a comparatively seamless user experience along Apple's product lines is genius. There's a reason why Apple has succeeded in markets (or effectively created new ones) were so many before have failed, and why they are the consistent leaders in design and function.

By and large, Apple puts out great products that function well and look good, yet you're somehow scandalized by the marketing. An interesting take, I suppose.

I don't like jobs because of the view that appleheads have of him as some kind of god, he is just a really good pitchman. Apple would be nothing without Woz, Woz designed the hardware and most of the software.

And the success that Apple has made in the same markets with the same devices is because of people that will spend hundreds of dollars because a product has an apple logo on the back. The parody ads for the i-product are very true.

ChrisM

I don't like jobs because of the view that appleheads have of him as some kind of god, he is just a really good pitchman. Apple would be nothing without Woz, Woz designed the hardware and most of the software.

And the success that Apple has made in the same markets with the same devices is because of people that will spend hundreds of dollars because a product has an apple logo on the back. The parody ads for the i-product are very true.

Err, sorry, but you're a little off here. Wozniak hasn't created an Apple product in 30 years. The Apple II was a nice computer. I greatly preferred the Atari 800.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. We all have our windmills to tilt at.

flavious27

Err, sorry, but you're a little off here. Wozniak hasn't created an Apple product in 30 years. The Apple II was a nice computer. I greatly preferred the Atari 800.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. We all have our windmills to tilt at.

True, but without Woz, Apple would never had existed. Jobs didn't have a sense in how to build a computer that worked properly, he insisted on ideas like the fan-less computers which resulted in many failures.

misterID

Back in 2007, Jim Hill was reporting on plans to remake Adventureland into all-pirates: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2007/06/01/why-for-today.aspx

...as the first blueprints for a Potter reaction. Now that Potter really did hit it big, maybe these plans are back on the table?

- Remove treehouse, replace with Black Pearl playground
- Re-theme tiki room
- Re-open the veranda
- Build an e-Ticket that has Sparrow and Barbossa leading us through a jungle temple (Jim invoked Japan's Raging Spirits as a similar type of ride, though with different [and less] theming)

If they could retheme the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars from HKDL back to Indiana Jones, like Eddie had conceived it, and plant it in AL, I would take that over any retheming of the entire land.

flavious27

If they could retheme the Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars from HKDL back to Indiana Jones, like Eddie had conceived it, and plant it in AL, I would take that over any retheming of the entire land.

Well that would be better than a retheming, though it would be clone.

juniorthomas

Well it matters what would be an e-ticket ride and how much it would cost to build one. I really hope that they don't build a carsland because one it would sap after resources for 3 - 5 attractions, and two it is getting old that wdw is getting dl clones.

I said it doesn't matter if they don't have any money or space, not that the ride doesn't matter.

Its very evident that if they want a ride, they'll find the space and the money for it, even if they say that they have no plans to upgrade a specific park/land.

flavious27

I said it doesn't matter if they don't have any money or space, not that the ride doesn't matter.

Its very evident that if they want a ride, they'll find the space and the money for it, even if they say that they have no plans to upgrade a specific park/land.

Well Disney could build anything, I agree with that. But it only really blows alot for a park that is under-performing in its eyes and needs that much investment. It would be nice if DHS expands and adds quality attractions, but it is doubtful they would spend that much.

Disneyfan1981

While a lot of folks have valid points about rides and what they feel should go in I'm fairly excited for the possibility of a TRON based attraction. The glow, the merchandise especially glow in the dark shirts, hats, etc even the action figures would be fantastic additions to Tomorrowland (if that is where they go), if they bring it to CA for example they could retheme the existing arcade into Flynn's no problem.

I agree with the post that was made a couple of pages back that Tron would endure as a ride more than a film because of the visuals and the ability for the Imagineers to run wild with it.

juniorthomas

Well Disney could build anything, I agree with that. But it only really blows alot for a park that is under-performing in its eyes and needs that much investment. It would be nice if DHS expands and adds quality attractions, but it is doubtful they would spend that much.

If you had the money to plus a park, which would you improve: AK or DHS?

Disneyfan1981

If you had the money to plus a park, which would you improve: AK or DHS?

While the question wasn't directed at me, if I had my way it'd be EPCOT that I'd focus on next. AK and DHS both need TLC but AK has EE and DHS Toy Story Mania to band-aid the situation for now, I'd be heavily looking at EPCOT for the next round of funds.

Just my two pennies.

juniorthomas

While the question wasn't directed at me, if I had my way it'd be EPCOT that I'd focus on next. AK and DHS both need TLC but AK has EE and DHS Toy Story Mania to band-aid the situation for now, I'd be heavily looking at EPCOT for the next round of funds.

Just my two pennies.

So the Mission: Space green line honeymoon has officially worn off then? That was last at Epcot, wasn't it?

juniorthomas

can you even count sectioning off a portion of a ride to make a tamer version as showing epcot love?

if you can, then yes. consider the honeymoon over.

Only because the last love Epcot got was Soarin in 2005.

But that's not entirely true: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/10/new-epcot-coffee-kiosk-and-snack-stand-opens-by-monorail/

And then there's the new pizza place in Italy. So the history goes:

Mission:Space, 2003.
Soarin', 2005
Mission:Space Green, 2006
Via Napoli, 2010
Coffee Kiosk, 2010

Not a bad seven years, eh?

TalkingHead

Only because the last love Epcot got was Soarin in 2005.

But that's not entirely true: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/11/10/new-epcot-coffee-kiosk-and-snack-stand-opens-by-monorail/

And then there's the new pizza place in Italy. So the history goes:

Mission:Space, 2003.
Soarin', 2005
Mission:Space Green, 2006
Via Napoli, 2010
Coffee Kiosk, 2010

Not a bad seven years, eh?

And Seas was updated with Nemo in 2006, El Rio del Tiempo was updated in 2007, and O Canada! was updated in 2007. And SSE was updated in 2008.

Epcot doesn't need near as much attention as MGM and DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom