Project Z

flavious27

If you had the money to plus a park, which would you improve: AK or DHS?

DHS, there is more that could be done. AK is nice but it is a zoo at its heart and that will hold back what can be done. Australia would be the next logical addition, though it won't have any e or even d ticket rides except maybe some kind of scuba ride.

A DHS expansion can expand on numerous franchises that disney has access to while also having space for others.

A Stars Wars expansion is one of the top requests. I envision a jedi academy that would be like innovations and disneyquest; an interactive experience that shows guests how to train and become a jedi. Also added to this area would be the Cantina and a cloud city designed flagship star wars shop.

I was thinking of having a Peter Pan/Hook area. I was thinking of having it as a playground that is a replica of the lost boys set in hook. there could also be a robotic arm ride system that would let guests follow peter pan as he flies over london and then around never land where the guests see captain hook.

Next to it would be a national treasure area. I am taped out of ideas for what a ride would include or be, but disney could use a fictional storyline like how star tour 1 was.

Across from that area would be a roger rabbit area that would include everything we were promised 20 years ago.

The rest of the area, which would be slightly larger than what I have talked about, is left. I would like to see a star trek area, yes there would be an expanded star wars area in the same expanded land but the franchises are loved by almost the same fans, that would be as themed as well as st: exp but with different attractions. There could also be a lotr land added, yes I know that the trilogy has already been released for awhile now but the hobbit 2 part series will be released in a couple of years and the books' popularity has maintained for over 50 years.

dhsexpansion2.jpg

flavious27

While the question wasn't directed at me, if I had my way it'd be EPCOT that I'd focus on next. AK and DHS both need TLC but AK has EE and DHS Toy Story Mania to band-aid the situation for now, I'd be heavily looking at EPCOT for the next round of funds.

Just my two pennies.

I think that EPCOT just needs TLC, and EPCOT is my favorite park and not because it opened 2 days after I was born. SSE is good to go for awhile. Innovations needs a tweak that would be covered by the corporations that have their own areas. TT needs an update in the theming. Ellen's Dream, Nemo, and M:S is fine. Any new countries would be funded by those countries, Russia and Switzerland would be great to add along with maybe Argentina, Chile or Brazil. The only pavilions that will need some change spent on them is WOL and Imagination.

juniorthomas

DHS, there is more that could be done. AK is nice but it is a zoo at its heart and that will hold back what can be done. Australia would be the next logical addition, though it won't have any e or even d ticket rides except maybe some kind of scuba ride.

A DHS expansion can expand on numerous franchises that disney has access to while also having space for others.

A Stars Wars expansion is one of the top requests. I envision a jedi academy that would be like innovations and disneyquest; an interactive experience that shows guests how to train and become a jedi. Also added to this area would be the Cantina and a cloud city designed flagship star wars shop.

I was thinking of having a Peter Pan/Hook area. I was thinking of having it as a playground that is a replica of the lost boys set in hook. there could also be a robotic arm ride system that would let guests follow peter pan as he flies over london and then around never land where the guests see captain hook.

Next to it would be a national treasure area. I am taped out of ideas for what a ride would include or be, but disney could use a fictional storyline like how star tour 1 was.

Across from that area would be a roger rabbit area that would include everything we were promised 20 years ago.

The rest of the area, which would be slightly larger than what I have talked about, is left. I would like to see a star trek area, yes there would be an expanded star wars area in the same expanded land but the franchises are loved by almost the same fans, that would be as themed as well as st: exp but with different attractions. There could also be a lotr land added, yes I know that the trilogy has already been released for awhile now but the hobbit 2 part series will be released in a couple of years and the books' popularity has maintained for over 50 years.

dhsexpansion2.jpg

I don't think we'll ever see Roger Rabbit back in the parks. Even if the oft rumored sequel does come out, people won't care about it. The film was huge back then because it hadn't been done before. Live action and animation, characters from different animation studios all mixed together - it was a feat, indeed. No sequel could capture that.

As such, I see a Tron ride way before I see a return to Roger Rabbit. National Treasure is a great idea too, though I see that only if Lucas takes Indiana Jones away from the parks. Thematically, they're far too similar.

flavious27

I don't think we'll ever see Roger Rabbit back in the parks. Even if the oft rumored sequel does come out, people won't care about it. The film was huge back then because it hadn't been done before. Live action and animation, characters from different animation studios all mixed together - it was a feat, indeed. No sequel could capture that.

As such, I see a Tron ride way before I see a return to Roger Rabbit. National Treasure is a great idea too, though I see that only if Lucas takes Indiana Jones away from the parks. Thematically, they're far too similar.

The theme of movie fits with the rest of the park and it would help disney to be on better terms with Spielberg. As for national treasure being similar to indy, they are but they aren't. Both of the main characters are treasure hunters, but the era and locations they operate in are different along with the villains.

juniorthomas

The theme of movie fits with the rest of the park and it would help disney to be on better terms with Spielberg. As for national treasure being similar to indy, they are but they aren't. Both of the main characters are treasure hunters, but the era and locations they operate in are different along with the villains.

I agree, and there are definitely ways that they could make them different without hurting either brand. Still, I cant help but feel that the placement would be like placing an Outer Limits escalator ride at the turkey leg stand in DHS.

Magenta Panther

I've always been a bit mystified as to why Roger Rabbit was allowed to fade. He was a great original character, and his movie wasn't bad either. I'd rather see him come back in a new movie than, say, Yogi Bear. :p

As for a Roger Rabbit ride, I don't see why it couldn't work. If it's a coaster ride like the Simpsons ride at Universal, with a similar amount of cartoon zaniness, it could work very well.

T-1MILLION

I've always been a bit mystified as to why Roger Rabbit was allowed to fade. He was a great original character, and his movie wasn't bad either. I'd rather see him come back in a new movie than, say, Yogi Bear. :p

As for a Roger Rabbit ride, I don't see why it couldn't work. If it's a coaster ride like the Simpsons ride at Universal, with a similar amount of cartoon zaniness, it could work very well.

Simpsons is actually a Simulator.

I still think a dark ride around Roger Rabbit and the underbelly of Toontown with some bright sides could be very fun and certainly fitting in DHS.

juniorthomas

I agree with you. A RR ride would have a lot of room for fun and creativity, hallmarks of any Disney ride.

The problem is there is less of a demand for an RR ride than there is for a Tron ride, and even then, a Tron ride isn't in demand by a lot of people. Sure, most here want one, but a lot of people haven't even seen Tron, let alone the sequel.

flavious27

I agree, and there are definitely ways that they could make them different without hurting either brand. Still, I cant help but feel that the placement would be like placing an Outer Limits escalator ride at the turkey leg stand in DHS.

Well my idea of adding a star fleet land/ academy so close to an expanded star wars land could have the same effect. It matters how well the rides are built and themed. Heck, the national treasure ride could be a log flume ride based on parts of the second movie.

flavious27

Blame Eisner, he soured the relationship with Spielberg. Like alot of the rides at uni, the simpsons is just a simulator. One of the roger rides would be like that hollywood stars ride at dca, but better; well anything would be better than that dca ride.

flavious27

I agree with you. A RR ride would have a lot of room for fun and creativity, hallmarks of any Disney ride.

The problem is there is less of a demand for an RR ride than there is for a Tron ride, and even then, a Tron ride isn't in demand by a lot of people. Sure, most here want one, but a lot of people haven't even seen Tron, let alone the sequel.

I think that disney will need to design a tron ride to be more than just a movie themed coaster, it will need to have a ride system that draws people in more than the theme.

wizards8507

I think that disney will need to design a tron ride to be more than just a movie themed coaster, it will need to have a ride system that draws people in more than the theme.

I agree, and I think that's why they decided to go with Tron in the first place. The very nature of the Tron Universe allows for the creation of an attraction with the potential to go way above and beyond the notoriety of the franchise on which it is based.

flavious27

I agree, and I think that's why they decided to go with Tron in the first place. The very nature of the Tron Universe allows for the creation of an attraction with the potential to go way above and beyond the notoriety of the franchise on which it is based.

Exactly, I think that the first positive sign that tdo will embrace tron will be real tron merch. The next question is what and where to put it, and that seems to be about 1/4 of the replies in this thread alone. If the ride is more ride than movie, it should be in TL.

juniorthomas

Absolutely. Well said.

Mission:Space is a good example of a themed ride (though not movie property themed) that has an outstanding ride system as well. Either aspect could be the star...

juniorthomas

Well my idea of adding a star fleet land/ academy so close to an expanded star wars land could have the same effect. It matters how well the rides are built and themed. Heck, the national treasure ride could be a log flume ride based on parts of the second movie.

I'd be willing to put money down that Nic Cage would be interested in working on that project.

Ghost Rider is one of those 5,000 Marvel properties I mentioned earlier. That could be a fun DHS ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom