Project Z

Lee

Adventurer
Does anyone have the link to the original post from this prophetic Lee?

I don't think there was one original post.
I just wondered out loud in another thread if there was a possibility that this other attraction had been greenlit and might possibly be announced at the press event.
It kinda spun out of control after that.:lol:

MMfangirl

hi i'm new here! :)
err been trying to follow this thread....
just wondering, is project z something thats going to happen? or is it something that may or may not happen?? :)

juniorthomas

I don't think there was one original post.
I just wondered out loud in another thread if there was a possibility that this other attraction had been greenlit and might possibly be announced at the press event.
It kinda spun out of control after that.:lol:

Like Santa claimed to the M&Ms in that ad: "You do exist!"

wizards8507

As for a new ride, how about an Up! attraction; a covered queue line/area would be placed on the side of PoC show building, over the wdwrr tracks and into a showbuilding south of the backstage buildings on the AL side? Have the attraction place the audience in an upper window looking down during certain parts of the movie.

Aren't these boards usually the headquarters for the "Disney-better-not-make-any-more-attractions-with-Pixar-tie-in's" camp?

WDW FTW

I am also excited for the Tron coaster. Altho, has it been confirmed for MK yet? I heard Shanghai so far... But either way I think that is a great hypothesis. So my question, which park gets the attention next? And when?

Good question, from what ive heard throughout the forum I believe alot of people would like to see Epcot receive its load of refurbs and additions. But the same has been said for Animal Kingdom. Also to be noted the Monsters Inc Coaster in Hollywood Studios.

I can't really answer you're question because I have seen requests and hints that it could be any of the three.

As for when, i can only imagine at least late 2013 or somewhere in 2014 due to the FLE being done in 2012

If one of the all-knowing posters has any idea, please tell :animwink:

baymenxpac

hi i'm new here! :)
err been trying to follow this thread....
just wondering, is project z something thats going to happen? or is it something that may or may not happen?? :)

it may happen. just to recap, lee said it hasn't been greenlit yet, but it stands a good chance due to the fact that shanghai is getting this, they could order a duplicate version for magic kingdom when they order for shanghai (just like they did with little mermaid for DCA and MK) and disney higher ups want it to happen.

Hummer1676

Nope that's Mice Chat. They really hate Pixar. :ROFLOL:

I agree there. Disney doesn't need to absorb everything they buy into the parks. I am sure Walt wouldn't appreciate having items that his company didn't produce in the park. But thats my opinion.

raven

Here is the available concept art for Shanghai Disneyland in a video. And it's not blurry....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFVQWlgcg5I&feature=youtube_gdata

The layout shown in that video is not the park layout for Shanghai. It's very different from any other Disney park layout.

How about get rid of the off the shelf carpets ride, put in a tiki bar. Then turn the temple in JC into the new AC? As for a new ride, how about an Up! attraction; a covered queue line/area would be placed on the side of PoC show building, over the wdwrr tracks and into a showbuilding south of the backstage buildings on the AL side? Have the attraction place the audience in an upper window looking down during certain parts of the movie.

I'm all in for the Tiki Bar idea. Always thought they should change Ohana's into a Trader Vics! :slurp:

As far as Up! goes, don't set your sights too high on an actual "attraction", but we may get a little taste later down the line when NextGen pops into full gear.

flavious27

The layout shown in that video is not the park layout for Shanghai. It's very different from any other Disney park layout.

I'm all in for the Tiki Bar idea. Always thought they should change Ohana's into a Trader Vics! :slurp:

As far as Up! goes, don't set your sights too high on an actual "attraction", but we may get a little taste later down the line when NextGen pops into full gear.

I doubt that disney would put a chain in one of their hotel, especially poly. Ohana does need an update in decor, menu and management.

My idea for this Up attraction is just an idea to put a recent movie into AL that would fit. They could also put an indy ride in the same spot, the key to adding to AL is using an franchise/theme that fits. We do not need another carpet and camel spitter that conflicts with everything and looks cheap.

flavious27

It makes me hate steve jobs even more. I hope hes healthy but I hope he leaves everything he touches alone very soon.

Well what has steve done lately with pixar besides the sale to disney, it seems like steve has let pixar run themselves. I wouldn't be opposed to apple products being used by CMs in the parks and hotel, and it would be a huge plus if every guest had free access to disney's library through a disney app on an apple tv.

flavious27

I agree there. Disney doesn't need to absorb everything they buy into the parks. I am sure Walt wouldn't appreciate having items that his company didn't produce in the park. But thats my opinion.

Were any concession stands at DL's opening actually disney owned and run?

bhg469

Well what has steve done lately with pixar besides the sale to disney, it seems like steve has let pixar run themselves. I wouldn't be opposed to apple products being used by CMs in the parks and hotel, and it would be a huge plus if every guest had free access to disney's library through a disney app on an apple tv.

Apple tax on top of my vacation? No thanks. There was a member that was on the inside years ago that no longer posts here but said steve jobs had his hands in a lot of thechanges. I don't think that has stopped. It may have slowed but the kind of person he is doesn't let go of power to influence easily.

flavious27

Apple tax on top of my vacation? No thanks. There was a member that was on the inside years ago that no longer posts here but said steve jobs had his hands in a lot of thechanges. I don't think that has stopped. It may have slowed but the kind of person he is doesn't let go of power to influence easily.

If the guests are getting something that enhances their stay, why not?

I know that jobs was involved with the new concepts for the disney stores, what else was he involved with?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom