Project Z

cheezbat

That lot isn't large enough to cover the size of carousel of progress. the area that is between SM and and the retention pond would work and there is that path back there.

the parking lot area back there is plenty big enough to house Carousel of Progress...not the expansion parking lot that replaced the old theater, but the OTHER part of the parking lot. And seriously, there is no need for THAT MANY parking spots back there. When i used to work at the Magic Kingdom that lot was never even halfway full. I think managers are just using that as a convenience nowdays:p park closer, walk less. Personally, I'd like to see more of this area filled up with an attraction than build one outside of the railroad tracks.

wizards8507

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for two more Tron films. Yeah, the cast is signed for them. But they are anything but definite. Some people in the company are still pushing for a Tron franchise. But I think the company as a whole is taking a "wait and see" approach. If Tron doesn't excel on video, the cartoon may be all that's left.

Agreed. Getting the cast to sign on for a trilogy is standard operating procedure for projects like this, but the majority of them never run more than one film. It's completely off-base to get all riled up over the fact that the Tron cast is "signed" for two more movies.

RunnerEd

i wouldn't be surprised to see it north of Space mountain. It maybe isnt the most logistically best area, but it is the biggest.
I completely agree that there is a lot of unused space back there but the problem I see with that location is simply where to put the ride's entrance. Either it would be right by SM or the Speedway would have to go or be radically altered, which I'm not opposed to but won't happen. Behind COP looks like its the only logical place to go in MK....Future World, however....

RunnerEd

If they built a RnRC type of building they could make the facade facing mainstreet match the mainstreet decor. I think that parking lot is ripe for the picking.

If memory serves from the Imagineering Field Guide, the Town Square Exposition Hall and the Train Station are the only buildings on MS that are "full sized" (no forced perspective). Exposition Hall was built that way so that you couldn't see the Contemporary from Town Square so it may not be that hard to hide a building where the parking lot is now except from the gated area. As a veteran of the marathon/half marathon that runs right through there, I've said every year that I've run it what a huge waste of space that is.

IWant2GoNow

OK, just for fun.

--Took Google maps shot
--took screenshot of track layout from Vekoma website
--based upon footprint specs given on Vekoma website, scaled track layout graphic to match scale of MK map screenshot.

-moved it around and played around with it to figure out a place it could go.
-based upon nothing at all, placed the queue in the old Galaxy Palace Theatre spot.
-assumed that there would need to be an elevated track OVER the train path.
-assumed for no reason, with no knowledge at all, that they could build something where that holding pond is.

--cracked knuckles and broke out my mad photoshop skillz
--had fun, and released it into the wild.

tronlightcycle.jpg

Sorry to quote this pic again but what if you took that same ride layout, flipped it, then rotated it and put it to where the entrance to the ride was where the Tomorrowland Stage is now then ran the straightaway portion of the ride down that narrow strip of land just behind the tracks? Would it fit that way also? You'd still have to find a way for the queue to go above the train and make a tunnel or something for it also. Just curious, I know this is all speculation.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The ride footprint would fit with some jiggery pokery. Maybe there would be no need for something so tall...

I agree it would fit, and really it would be silly to disagree with you as your knowledge greatly exceeds mine. But wouldn't it be pressing right up against the back of the Main Street buildings, and pressing right up to the edge of the RR tracks? It seems like such a tight fit, with no room for a queue. PLus the visual intrusion that you addressed with a less tall building would still seem to be an issue. I dunno.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I completely agree that there is a lot of unused space back there but the problem I see with that location is simply where to put the ride's entrance. Either it would be right by SM or the Speedway would have to go or be radically altered, which I'm not opposed to but won't happen. Behind COP looks like its the only logical place to go in MK....Future World, however....

How about another idea...blue sky thinking...expand the peoplemover track to go up past Space Mountain with a second "stop" into the TRONiverse.

UrbanDonovan

While the possibilities of a TRON-coaster do sound intriguing, put me in the camp that would MUCH rather see Adventureland receive some love. :(

MrMorrowTom

That parking lot to the south of CoP and Buzz is a great location and size; it just is to valuable to the magic kingdom day to day operation. In that parking lot is the entrance to the Magic Kingdom Executives offices, plus security offices, and the food and beverage push cart distribution.
Now if they transformed the old Skyway/Bathroom area to extend over the RR tracks that could be a decent size show building.

plutoismyhero

OOOOO geez Gators and seminoles!!!!!!!
well i guess its a good things steelers fans dont have feelings and therefore dont go to disney world!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom