Project Z

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There's one more place that I don't recall being mentioned that might be a large enough area for an attraction....Tomorrowland Terrace.

It's barely seasonal as an eatery right now, I could see it being converted to another use and it looks like it has a pretty good size footprint.

While the possibilities of a TRON-coaster do sound intriguing, put me in the camp that would MUCH rather see Adventureland receive some love. :(

I was just thinking, as this page loaded, how much better I was enjoying this thread when it was speculating on the wonderful updates Adventureland just might possibly see. Tron....:snore:

JimboJones123

So is the goal here to get MK over 22 million visitors and make sure Epcot, DHS, and AK stay under 10 million visitors within the next five years?

It's like they are trying to do the exact opposite thing that DL is attempting with their parks where DL has added only Buzz in the past decade and a half and DCA is getting a overhaul. Weird times indeed.

wizards8507

So is the goal here to get MK over 22 million visitors and make sure Epcot, DHS, and AK stay under 10 million visitors within the next five years?

It's like they are trying to do the exact opposite thing that DL is attempting with their parks where DL has added only Buzz in the past decade and a half and DCA is getting a overhaul. Weird times indeed.

Perhaps the thinking is that the Magic Kingdom has reached its natural limit of attendance, and they're now doing things to make it able to handle that capacity better. Not sure I buy it, but it's a thought.

yoyoflamingo

There's one more place that I don't recall being mentioned that might be a large enough area for an attraction....Tomorrowland Terrace.

It's barely seasonal as an eatery right now, I could see it being converted to another use and it looks like it has a pretty good size footprint.

Perhaps, but I bet they are making too much money from the dessert parties for that to be a viable option, just like Odyssey and World Showplace.

Hummer1676

Project Z from what i am told will use the new stage in tomorrow land they built last year for a tron performance. They will start this in June and run thru August starting at noon and playing every hour until 5pm.

Tom

Beta Return
Project Z from what i am told will use the new stage in tomorrow land they built last year for a tron performance. They will start this in June and run thru August starting at noon and playing every hour until 5pm.

...with a cameo by Stitch, for old time's sake.

RunnerEd

How about another idea...blue sky thinking...expand the peoplemover track to go up past Space Mountain with a second "stop" into the TRONiverse.

That is simply brilliant. Instead of a long queue in the show building, have a detached one that is connected by a Peoplemover. Brilliant!!!! Build it now and have it ready before my trip coming up in June!!!! :wave:

wizards8507

That is simply brilliant. Instead of a long queue in the show building, have a detached one that is connected by a Peoplemover. Brilliant!!!! Build it now and have it ready before my trip coming up in June!!!! :wave:

LOVE the idea, but I think the Peoplemover is too slow to have the kind of capacity that would be necessary.

DocMcHulk

I completely agree that there is a lot of unused space back there but the problem I see with that location is simply where to put the ride's entrance. Either it would be right by SM or the Speedway would have to go or be radically altered, which I'm not opposed to but won't happen. Behind COP looks like its the only logical place to go in MK....Future World, however....

Use the path to the left of the arcade, then use the Arcade as the TRON ride's exit... ya know, a Flynn's Arcade ;)

DocMcHulk

that would be awesome and a very good use of the stage

RunnerEd

Use the path to the left of the arcade, then use the Arcade as the TRON ride's exit... ya know, a Flynn's Arcade ;)

Peoplemover in and an exit through Flynn's....I like it a lot. However, Disney will have to go back and edit the movies to make the park incarnation more accurate. It will now be Flynn's Arcade AND Gift Shop, complete with a full line of Princess apparel as well as Tinkerbell plushes and Pooh T-Shirts :brick:

DocMcHulk

Peoplemover in and an exit through Flynn's....I like it a lot. However, Disney will have to go back and edit the movies to make the park incarnation more accurate. It will now be Flynn's Arcade AND Gift Shop, complete with a full line of Princess apparel as well as Tinkerbell plushes and Pooh T-Shirts :brick:

I dont know if I like the People Mover in idea, but i do suppose it would make for an easier access route. Not a fan of it though.

WDW FTW

Sooooooo i am not by anymeans a legit economist or park adviser, but i have to say that doing these recent MK refurbs is gonna benefit the whole WDW resort.

They are making MK more and more a definite 2 day park, which will increase money flow, and keep them as the #1 park in the world by a landslide.

With all the new visitors and returning visitors because of everything, the other parks will receive more guests as well (duuuh) but i like their systematical approach of doing 1 park at a time, the only downside is seeing technological lapses between cycles, but then i guess thats when you know its time to start the said cycle over again.

Happy about tron coaster cant wait to see it

flavious27

While the possibilities of a TRON-coaster do sound intriguing, put me in the camp that would MUCH rather see Adventureland receive some love. :(

How about get rid of the off the shelf carpets ride, put in a tiki bar. Then turn the temple in JC into the new AC? As for a new ride, how about an Up! attraction; a covered queue line/area would be placed on the side of PoC show building, over the wdwrr tracks and into a showbuilding south of the backstage buildings on the AL side? Have the attraction place the audience in an upper window looking down during certain parts of the movie.

H2Opolo15

Sooooooo i am not by anymeans a legit economist or park adviser, but i have to say that doing these recent MK refurbs is gonna benefit the whole WDW resort.

They are making MK more and more a definite 2 day park, which will increase money flow, and keep them as the #1 park in the world by a landslide.

With all the new visitors and returning visitors because of everything, the other parks will receive more guests as well (duuuh) but i like their systematical approach of doing 1 park at a time, the only downside is seeing technological lapses between cycles, but then i guess thats when you know its time to start the said cycle over again.

Happy about tron coaster cant wait to see it

I am also excited for the Tron coaster. Altho, has it been confirmed for MK yet? I heard Shanghai so far... But either way I think that is a great hypothesis. So my question, which park gets the attention next? And when?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom