Project Z

828tnt

lol, fun read to soothe my disney ocd.

thanks to all of the insiders! i appreciate all the info and can't wait to hear more!

deWild

Ok- let me spill this, but preface first with this -- as impressionable as this group has been lately on rumors that quickly become word of god in the eyes of many members I am hesitant to pass this along given that it is years old, but,

Literally two or three years before rumors started circulating about the Fantasyland refurbishment that is now known to all, I got a call one night from a friend excited to tell me that Florida's Fantasyland would "finally be good." He told me details of how it will receive a forest overlay, extend the castle walls, move and double dumbo, get the Little Mermaid and "for some reason, a roller coaster themed to the Seven Dwarfs mine." It sounded absurd at the time, but sure enough, it all proved completely true. He immediately at the time followed with "And once that is done, Adventureland is next to get the same treatment in your park."

Now granted, anything can change drastically in that many years, but I will stress that he was so spot on about everything in the expansion, even before it became assumed that the coaster was dropped for the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meets that I have very good reason to believe the information. It may just be a matter of time before Adventureland gets its love at Magic Kingdom, which also could be why there were no plans *right now* to change the Tiki Room back or plus Jungle Cruise, do anything with Aladdin, etc.

Well whatever happens I just hope we don't have to wait another 20+ years for a big expansion. Thanks for the tip!

lebeau

There's already signed to be two more Tron films as well as an animated series. The company is supporting the franchise, plain and simple. Pumping money in for that much "future" *does* add sense to having an attraction.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for two more Tron films. Yeah, the cast is signed for them. But they are anything but definite. Some people in the company are still pushing for a Tron franchise. But I think the company as a whole is taking a "wait and see" approach. If Tron doesn't excel on video, the cartoon may be all that's left.

ChrisM

OMGZ! Where did you get the ACTUAL RIDE BLUEPRINTS?!?

For the record, there's no reason why a launched coaster would need a long run as pictured in that attraction overlay.

I'm fairly confident the ride could be condensed into the parking lot space and wouldn't need to interfering with the retaining pond.

Lee

Adventurer
For the record, there's no reason why a launched coaster would need a long run as pictured in that attraction overlay.

I'm fairly confident the ride could be condensed into the parking lot space and wouldn't need to interfering with the retaining pond.

Quite true. The RnRC building will fit back there, so I see no reason why this couldn't.
Now, the queue and preshow areas....those will need some room, too.

DocMcHulk

What I would worry about is the esthetics of a mutli-story building right behind main street.

DocMcHulk

Quite true. The RnRC building will fit back there, so I see no reason why this couldn't.
Now, the queue and preshow areas....those will need some room, too.
I just tried to send you a PM with something I recently was told, but it says you are not accepting PMs. I'll tell you some other time :)

Lee

Adventurer
What I would worry about is the esthetics of a mutli-story building right behind main street.

Ah, c'mon....what's the worst that can happen.....:shrug:

Oh....wait...

Attachments

• smmainst.jpg
    smmainst.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 222

Lee

Adventurer
I just tried to send you a PM with something I recently was told, but it says you are not accepting PMs. I'll tell you some other time :)

It ain't me...it's the PM system rejecting all my PMs.
Top men are working on it. Top men. (At least I hope they are...:lookaroun)

NYwdwfan

OK - let me preface this by saying I know nothing about the space needed to construct a ride, etc., and I'm about to demonstrate that now:

How much real estate would be made available if they closed & repurposed the Tomorrowland Terrace/Noodle Station. Would it extend back far enough for a ride? Could they did down so the building would not need to be so tall to house a coaster or are there utilidors there? Seems like a waste of prime real eatate to only be open seasonally. Could they make a seasonal QS where the old theater is to draw traffic to that area? What about using the space for both SGE AND Mickey's Star Traders? Would any of this be possible or am I just too far out there? :shrug:

Atomicmickey

There's no reason at all, unless you want a ridiculously fast straightaway--like the straight stretch on Test Track.

That overlay was, as I said, a cut and paste from a track layout offered on the Vekoma website, and scaled appropriately.

I see getting on the bike an VOOOM your face is pasted back as you launch to a ridiculous speed right away--without a loop, as in RNRC, you could go even faster.......!

Anyway, all in fun.

ChrisM

OMGZ! Where did you get the ACTUAL RIDE BLUEPRINTS?!?

There's no reason at all, unless you want a ridiculously fast straightaway--like the straight stretch on Test Track.

That overlay was, as I said, a cut and paste from a track layout offered on the Vekoma website, and scaled appropriately.

I see getting on the bike an VOOOM your face is pasted back as you launch to a ridiculous speed right away--without a loop, as in RNRC, you could go even faster.......!

Anyway, all in fun.

Oh, I know - I wasn't trying to criticize you at all, just trying to nip the "OMG RETAININGPONDITWILLNEVERWORK" teeth grinding in the bud.

flavious27

I'm almost positive that if this Tron coaster gets the greenlight, it will be built in the parking lot behind the Carousel of Progress. No need to go outside of the berm if they have a prime expansion plot being used as a parking lot.

That lot isn't large enough to cover the size of carousel of progress. the area that is between SM and and the retention pond would work and there is that path back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom