Project Z

SeaCastle

I'm almost positive that if this Tron coaster gets the greenlight, it will be built in the parking lot behind the Carousel of Progress. No need to go outside of the berm if they have a prime expansion plot being used as a parking lot.

csm

It's 'cause I dint know that it would be a motorbike coaster...:shrug:

I actually thought my "guy on the inside" said it was a standard train? I'm second guessing myself because motorbike seems like a no-brainer here. Either way - it's not a standard layout. It is a multi-launch coaster.

CrescentLake

I'm almost positive that if this Tron coaster gets the greenlight, it will be built in the parking lot behind the Carousel of Progress. No need to go outside of the berm if they have a prime expansion plot being used as a parking lot.

Sounds right to me. I really don't want to lose the Carousel of Progress though.

After this, all we'll need is an adventureland rehab and MK should be good for a few years. :]

csm

ok, just for fun.

tronlightcycle.jpg

OMGZ! Where did you get the ACTUAL RIDE BLUEPRINTS?!?

deWild

As I read through most of these posts I noticed that one thing stuck out to me:

Adventureland (as well as the rest of the Kingdom) needs some love. Not only is the FL expansion going to attract a bigger crowd to the northern part of the park, but parts of Adventureland truly do seem outdated. For one, the Jungle Cruise. I don't think I've been on a cruise in the last couple visits where I've seen all animatronics up and running. Secondly, Aladdin needs to go. You can only have so many spinners in one park. Furthermore, many people seem to agree that a new restaurant would help ease the burden of FL. Why not retheme that El Pirata y Perico to something from the Pirates franchise? (Tortuga, hint..)

Before I leave, I should say this: the past few attractions Disney has created, with the exception of Expedition Everest, have mainly been imagineered with some sort of character involved. I for one firmly believe that Disney needs some new, innovative attractions that are NOT based firmly around a character. For example, the Pirates of the Caribbean films scored massively in the box office, but the storyline was based off the attraction, not the attraction having been inspired from the movie.

Just my two cents.

Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed that out of all the things they could've done at MK, they do Tron? While both CoP and Country Bears play to almost empty crowds while also being extremely outdated and other classics like Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder miss getting the refurbs they deserve, Disney is building a ride for a movie series which many people probably didnt even know existed until they heard about Legacy. I dont know. i just really think that Disney could be spending their money on better things with what they already have instead of building gigantic rides which could very easily be forgotten about in twenty years or so
I agree to some extent. I don't like how Disney has to base everything around a character or a movie franchise ... but if Disney builds a Tron-themed roller coaster, I don't think it would lose popularity once the movie hype dies down. Roller coasters are *almost* always huge hits. And for many people that don't know about Tron, it should seem like an original theme that fits seamlessly into Tomorrowland. After all, it's not like they'd be sticking characters from the movie into the ride ... just the grid and music, right? Which could have easily have been done without a movie. So while the coaster may be in reference to Tron, I think it could just as easily be looked at as a coaster themed to fit the Tomorrowland environment.

redsfan4life

Looking Forward to this coaster when and if its built , but not a Tron fan which makes me outplace I believe . Just not realy got those movies and in my late 30's

I just think that something has to be added to Adventureland... it has pirates it has alladin (not much of an attraction seeing as there are 3 of them in MK and dumbo is upgraded and astro orbiter is way up high) and then they have the..... tiki room... but of course i cant forget the jungle cruise, which is decent as well. But Pirates is the only big ride that stands out to me and i think they need something else to go in there.

There is the possibility they could remove the Swiss Family Robinson, Magic Carpets of Aladdin and the Enchanted Tiki Room Attractions and place a pretty large e-ticket ride there in that area

Its also a shame that they can't focus on Tomorrowland more. There is so much room there for expansion including the removal of Stitches Great Escape

I actually thought my "guy on the inside" said it was a standard train? I'm second guessing myself because motorbike seems like a no-brainer here. Either way - it's not a standard layout. It is a multi-launch coaster.

The motorbikes would be an awesome addition to the park but if they make this ride well enough its gunna be a hit one way or the other

csm

As I read through most of these posts I noticed that one thing stuck out to me:

Adventureland (as well as the rest of the Kingdom) needs some love. Not only is the FL expansion going to attract a bigger crowd to the northern part of the park, but parts of Adventureland truly do seem outdated. For one, the Jungle Cruise. I don't think I've been on a cruise in the last couple visits where I've seen all animatronics up and running. Secondly, Aladdin needs to go. You can only have so many spinners in one park. Furthermore, many people seem to agree that a new restaurant would help ease the burden of FL. Why not retheme that El Pirata y Perico to something from the Pirates franchise? (Tortuga, hint..

Ok- let me spill this, but preface first with this -- as impressionable as this group has been lately on rumors that quickly become word of god in the eyes of many members I am hesitant to pass this along given that it is years old, but,

Literally two or three years before rumors started circulating about the Fantasyland refurbishment that is now known to all, I got a call one night from a friend excited to tell me that Florida's Fantasyland would "finally be good." He told me details of how it will receive a forest overlay, extend the castle walls, move and double dumbo, get the Little Mermaid and "for some reason, a roller coaster themed to the Seven Dwarfs mine." It sounded absurd at the time, but sure enough, it all proved completely true. He immediately at the time followed with "And once that is done, Adventureland is next to get the same treatment in your park."

Now granted, anything can change drastically in that many years, but I will stress that he was so spot on about everything in the expansion, even before it became assumed that the coaster was dropped for the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella meets that I have very good reason to believe the information. It may just be a matter of time before Adventureland gets its love at Magic Kingdom, which also could be why there were no plans *right now* to change the Tiki Room back or plus Jungle Cruise, do anything with Aladdin, etc.

csm

Well, if I divulged my source, he might lose his job,
but his name rhymes with "Bawb Eyejer". He's fairly well
placed within the company, so I wouldn't want to get him
in any trouble.

I understand, but I now view you as "AWESOMEZ" and would wish to subscribe to your news letter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom