Project Z

Atomicmickey

One thing that occurs to me--TRON will probably make a better attraction than it EVER will as a movie.

I mean, even if you didn't like the movie, the lightcycles are still super cool. I'd want to ride a ride like that. That's about where it begins and ends for me, I guess. It doesn't matter that the dialogue was clunky.

ABigBrassBand

Am I the only one who's a bit disappointed that out of all the things they could've done at MK, they do Tron? While both CoP and Country Bears play to almost empty crowds while also being extremely outdated and other classics like Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder miss getting the refurbs they deserve, Disney is building a ride for a movie series which many people probably didnt even know existed until they heard about Legacy. I dont know. i just really think that Disney could be spending their money on better things with what they already have instead of building gigantic rides which could very easily be forgotten about in twenty years or so
My thoughts exactly. Didn't Legacy not even perform well in theaters? If so, why make a ride out of it?

That being said, I could see a lightcycle ride with the bass to Derezzed pumping in your ears...it'd make a great coaster, but it'd be awkward in MK.

csm

One thing that occurs to me--TRON will probably make a better attraction than it EVER will as a movie.

I mean, even if you didn't like the movie, the lightcycles are still super cool. I'd want to ride a ride like that. That's about where it begins and ends for me, I guess. It doesn't matter that the dialogue was clunky.

I do agree with you. I've often said "I won't be thrilled with what this property is" when people were trying to figure out we *were* hinting to Tron. I couldn't care less about the property, but I CAN see it being a pretty snazzy live environment if done right.

I'll also say this: Indiana Jones Adventure is my favorite attraction hands down, and I am not a fan of the Indiana Jones movie franchise. On the same level, I was blown away by Star Trek: The Experience in its hayday and detest Star Trek. A good attraction shines on its own and is appealing to everyone, not just to the existing fans.

Thrill

My thoughts exactly. Didn't Legacy not even perform well in theaters? If so, why make a ride out of it?

That being said, I could see a lightcycle ride with the bass to Derezzed pumping in your ears...it'd make a great coaster, but it'd be awkward in MK.

I believe it made close to $340 million. Not exactly Avatar money, but it wasn't a complete failure, and it doubled its budget. Also, consider the fact that Song of the South isn't exactly a blockbuster, but it has the Magic Kingdom's most recent E-Ticket.

I was thinking more along the lines of choose between light cycle or light jet. Then add in Derezzed.

csm

There's already signed to be two more Tron films as well as an animated series. The company is supporting the franchise, plain and simple. Pumping money in for that much "future" *does* add sense to having an attraction.

Atomicmickey

I understand, but I now view you as "AWESOMEZ" and would wish to subscribe to your news letter.

newzo.jpg

DocMcHulk

Lee, have you heard of a location for the TRON coaster yet? I'm going to see if I can squeeze that out of the person I know.

csm

Lee, have you heard of a location for the TRON coaster yet? I'm going to see if I can squeeze that out of the person I know.

I'm not certain that it's gone as far as location, has it? I think people are too presumptuous on the Tron ride as a real lock for MK. It's 100% definite for Shanghai and some upper people are trying to jockey to get it into other parks as well, but I think that's where it sits right now - in intent, not any kind of certainty.

Right?

plutoismyhero

Completely Agree
It is about environment i guess...
Hopefully this pans out A Tron ride would be amazing

ABigBrassBand

I believe it made close to $340 million. Not exactly Avatar money, but it wasn't a complete failure, and it doubled its budget. Also, consider the fact that Song of the South isn't exactly a blockbuster, but it has the Magic Kingdom's most recent E-Ticket.

I was thinking more along the lines of choose between light cycle or light jet. Then add in Derezzed.
Good point sir, but don't get me started on Disney's standpoint on SotS *points to avatar*
There's already signed to be two more Tron films as well as an animated series. The company is supporting the franchise, plain and simple. Pumping money in for that much "future" *does* add sense to having an attraction.
Yes, but as it is Tomorrowland is an awkward section of the park. I do think this could add to it, but we'd have to get rid of the low-quality attractions such as Monsters and Stitch.

csm

Yes, but as it is Tomorrowland is an awkward section of the park. I do think this could add to it, but we'd have to get rid of the low-quality attractions such as Monsters and Stitch.

There's a LOT of space between Space Mountain and the Fantasyland train station. Rotate it 90º and there's definitely room back there for something good.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm not certain that it's gone as far as location, has it? I think people are too presumptuous on the Tron ride as a real lock for MK. It's 100% definite for Shanghai and some upper people are trying to jockey to get it into other parks as well, but I think that's where it sits right now - in intent, not any kind of certainty.

Right?
Right...last I heard it had been pitched for MK. Results unknown, but I hear very positive things.:shrug:

JafarMaleficent

I really hope this happens. Even in shanghai I might have to go over there lol. I love Tron. I have 3 posters including the actual movie poster from Legacy. Still holding out for a Jungle Cruise refufb though lol.

DocMcHulk

Right?

Well, if they already know the design for china, and the Mk version would be a duplicate, then they know the specific area they would need for the MK version. And I don't think they would be pitching the idea of a MK version if they didn't have a location in mind.

Am I over thinking this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom