Project Z

Todd H

I can see an indoor coaster, with lighting that remind you of the world of Tron, and some cool Daft Punk music playing. :)

Lee

Adventurer
...I feel that once Tron disappears from theaters, and all the Shanghai announcement are over, and the park is just being slowly built. The Tron ride at the MK will just fall to the side. TDO will see that MK needs the least help by that point, and will direct funds elsewhere, with Tron being put into a holding pattern.
Only one flaw in that thinking...

The plan, as I understand it, would be to order two identical ride systems from the manufacturer/designer at the same time. Same thing they did with SM in Anaheim/Hong Kong, Mermaid at DCA/MK, etc.
If the project gets so far as to see the order get placed, there really would be no turning back.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

The plan, as I understand it, would be to order two identical ride systems from the manufacturer/designer at the same time. Same thing they did with SM in Anaheim/Hong Kong, Mermaid at DCA/MK, etc.
If the project gets so far as to see the order get placed, there really would be no turning back.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

In that case, I suppose my feeling is a little off.

If that is what they wind up doing, I just hope that Shanghai has shouldered the majority of development costs, leaving WDW to spend money in other parks where, it will presumably be more needed.

RunnerEd

If Project Z is green-lit AND it is a TRON based ride, what would be wrong with puting it in Future World? I can think of a lot of things that would be "right" about puting it there.

twinnstar

If Project Z is green-lit AND it is a TRON based ride, what would be wrong with puting it in Future World? I can think of a lot of things that would be "right" about puting it there.

I always felt like future world was more for things that are REAL. whereas tomorrowland is more for fantasy future. I dont think it would fit in futureworld, just my humble opinion

DocMcHulk

I always felt like future world was more for things that are REAL. whereas tomorrowland is more for fantasy future. I dont think it would fit in futureworld, just my humble opinion

Well, Future World has really lost it's "spirit" in the last 10 years or so. It's not what it used to be.

ChrisM

I'm beginning to get the impression that what we're beginning to see the outlines of is not just happenstance and random synergies, but a comprehensive plan to address the shortcomings of all four the parks; it just happens that the Magic Kingdom is the first, and most important, of these parks.

While problems will still remain in the MK, a great many of them will have been handled with the news we've been hearing (especially if the Country Bears is re-done). The only real "sore thumbs" I'd have with the MK after all of this would be the Speedway and Stitch.

I strongly suspect we will see parks individually focused on in multi-year increments until they have all largely been addressed.

Or maybe not.

BerryLove92

Must say though. Does seem a bit odd and offputting that as soon as major construction finishes in one part of MK. Another will begin and cause more distruption in another area. I know its to better the park, but can't we have some breathing time?

Buried20KLeague

I'm assuming, then, that there will not be any sort of attraction-specific exclusivity deal in place for whatever goes in Shanghai, then?

Isn't there currently in place something with the OLC that states that anything developed for their park has a certain number of years of exclusivity in those parks before it can be cloned somewhere else? If that's the case, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something similar in place for the Chinese parks.

I don't have concrete evidence to point at to back up the exclusivity idea, but I certainly recall more than one conversation about it. :confused:

It would make perfect sense... The OLC (or their Chinese equivalent, in Shanghai's case) wouldn't want to shoulder all the R&D costs for Disney to put a clone in for significantly less money at the same time. :shrug:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Come on guys. This is easy now. Lightcycles. This is gonna be killer.

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=13

h_motorbike.jpg

Atomicmickey

Come on guys. This is easy now. Lightcycles. This is gonna be killer.

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=13

h_motorbike.jpg

Well, there it is.

See those long tracks? The show building could be outside the railroad! There would be a long track above for the straightaway, you'd go down a long neon lit corridor, whip around outside the berm, then back in to unload.

Done and done.

C'mon, TDO, get crackin'. I'm going to be there in two weeks, that ought to be enough time.:lol:

cheezbat

DRAT!!!

Then the only real place to put it is behind COP in the parkinglot. The only other place to put it without taking out an existing attraction (Speedway/CoP) is north of Space Mountain, but that seems hard to get to since the speedway is between it and Tomorrowland.

South of Space Mountain would require filling in the water area.

I could see them filling in that retention pond and adding a new one north of Space Mountain if indeed south of Space Mountain is where Tron would be going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom