Project Z

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Let's bring up a reference image for help :)

tomorrowland.jpg

What about that whole green space beside Space Mountain?

Disneybear

Lee, any info on what type of ride system Tron is expected to have if it gets built, is it a rollercoaster; 3D ride thro'; or some other system?

Is it based around the light cycle sequences?

Can you give any of these details away yet?

Tom

Beta Return
I have space. My PMs just aren't working...
Email?

From the limited description I have....coaster. A very cool one.
That's all I got...:shrug:

Ok...so...a coaster...based on Tron...in Tomorrowland...

Well, I'm stumped. I'm terrible at these games. I guess we just need more clues.

:lookaroun

SMRT-1

Ok...so...a coaster...based on Tron...in Tomorrowland...

Well, I'm stumped. I'm terrible at these games. I guess we just need more clues.

:lookaroun

yea really...i just wish he would outright tell us what it is. :confused:

anyways......

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

DocMcHulk

Speedway, unfortunately, looks to be safe.
DRAT!!!

I'm still trying to get a handle on the ride's footprint and location.
I know it will be quite large.
Then the only real place to put it is behind COP in the parkinglot. The only other place to put it without taking out an existing attraction (Speedway/CoP) is north of Space Mountain, but that seems hard to get to since the speedway is between it and Tomorrowland.

South of Space Mountain would require filling in the water area.

NoChesterHester

From the limited description I have....coaster. A very cool one.
That's all I got...:shrug:

Fascinating. Two coasters in Tomorrowland. Will this new ride further enhance the perception of age of a classic and rough riding Space Mountain?

It is likely that the new one would be such a departure that the comparison wouldn't be so obvious.

DocMcHulk

I just went over and read what Spirit had to say about the ride. If it is as large as he seems to say it is, I just cant see WHERE it goes. A ride the size of something like RnR wouldnt fit anywhere other than north of Space Mountain, where the Speedway is, or in the combined area of CoP and the parkinglot.

Jrn14

This is super exciting idea that I hope comes to the park... but it's hard for me to envision an indoor TRON coaster that isn't very similar in theme to what Space Mountain is. I hope Disney really suprises me considering they will likely be right next to each other.

twinnstar

So, if this does get approved for WDW from Shanghai, and it's as "Death Star blowlingly huge" as Lee made it seem, I personally can't see it JUST being a simulator. And if it is in fact an E-ticket, I would expect it to take up a fairly large chunk of land.

With that being said, is it possible that they would be moving CoP to Epcot and building it on that spot? An E-ticket for Tomorrowland would be huge but it's got to be BIG. It would be sweet if they brought back the morphing coaster idea for a lightcycle to lightplane (or whatever they called them in the movie) transition ride.

Or maybe it's that huge because it's going to be a retheme of Tomorrowland altogether and they'll make it look more like The Grid during the night hours?

I dunno, just spitballing ideas because as cool an a Tron E-ticket sounds, it seems like there should be more to it.

EDIT: I highly doubt the coaster theory, having two coasters in Tomorrowland might not fly.

While I dont really want CoP moving anywhere, it would fit nicely in Epcot...maybe it would get more love. I feel where it is now, it gets ignored, when i went this past fall with my fiance, he didnt even see it! it kinda fades into the background where it is. it needs a flashy new sign or something lol

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Let me preface this by saying, I know nothing of the development of a Tron ride. This is just a feeling I have about it.

I think there is some excitement inside of Disney about Tron. I am sure they are fairly happy with the Box Office, and are probably very happy with what the Tron ride in Shanghai is going to be. So it is only natural, that in their worked up state, they are thinking it would be a good fit in MK. However, I feel that once Tron disappears from theaters, and all the Shanghai announcement are over, and the park is just being slowly built. The Tron ride at the MK will just fall to the side. TDO will see that MK needs the least help by that point, and will direct funds elsewhere, with Tron being put into a holding pattern. Maybe I am crazy, but this is what it looks like to me.

DocMcHulk

Let me preface this by saying, I know nothing of the development of a Tron ride. This is just a feeling I have about it.

I think there is some excitement inside of Disney about Tron. I am sure they are fairly happy with the Box Office, and are probably very happy with what the Tron ride in Shanghai is going to be. So it is only natural, that in their worked up state, they are thinking it would be a good fit in MK. However, I feel that once Tron disappears from theaters, and all the Shanghai announcement are over, and the park is just being slowly built. The Tron ride at the MK will just fall to the side. TDO will see that MK needs the least help by that point, and will direct funds elsewhere, with Tron being put into a holding pattern. Maybe I am crazy, but this is what it looks like to me.

I would agree that Future World at EPCOT, Pixar Place at DHS, and well, a lot of AK need some love BEFORE TRON needs to be built at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom