Project Z

Lee

Adventurer
Speedway? It may be obnoxious, but little ones love it. They need another ride, not a replacement for one.
Speedway, unfortunately, looks to be safe.

So I assume Tron would have a very small footprint.
I'm still trying to get a handle on the ride's footprint and location.
I know it will be quite large.
Will the new attraction have lap bars? :ROFLOL:
Yes. Possibly over-the-shoulder restraints.

So, if this does get approved for WDW from Shanghai, and it's as "Death Star blowlingly huge" as Lee made it seem, I personally can't see it JUST being a simulator.
It's not a simulator. It is a true ride, but may incorporate some simulator-ish elements.

Again, just as a caveat...this (as far as I can confirm) has not been fully greenlit for MK, even though signs are starting to point into that general direction. Just because the "powers that be" want it, doesn't mean it will ever happen.

IWant2GoNow

Speedway, unfortunately, looks to be safe.

I'm still trying to get a handle on the ride's footprint and location.
I know it will be quite large.

Yes. Possibly over-the-shoulder restraints.

It's not a simulator. It is a true ride, but may incorporate some simulator-ish elements.

Good to know. Thanks for even more info, Lee! I generally try not to directly ask the insiders for info, but I'm willing to take what is given and I'm VERY grateful for it. :wave:

Thrill Seeker

I'd say there is that nice open field between Fantasyland Phase 2 and Tomorrowland that would work nicely. You know, the one across from Cosmic Rays that smells like exhaust...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This thread is like playing pinball.

I know where *something* *might* go. And what Lee has said is right. Most people - fans and guests - should be happy. If it happens. Which isn`t 100% yet, let alone the other hurdles in the way should it be greenlit.

Until then sit happy. And hope the same attention is at least given serious thought to other areas in other parks.

JimboJones123

This thread is like playing pinball.

I know where *something* *might* go. And what Lee has said is right. Most people - fans and guests - should be happy. If it happens. Which isn`t 100% yet, let alone the other hurdles in the way should it be greenlit.

Until then sit happy. And hope the same attention is at least given serious thought to other areas in other parks.

Finally something that is "The Mummy" level of awesome? Cause Everest fell VERY short in comparison.

_Scar

Finally something that is "The Mummy" level of awesome? Cause Everest fell VERY short in comparison.

o_O Everest very short of Mummy? Opinion I guess, but without yeti I still think it's better. Perhaps more compareable to Rock'nRoller Coaster imo. :shrug:

Eh, anyway....

Is this Tron attraction like the Knott's ride where you sit on horses called Pony Express?

lownalo

While not a fan of tron, im excited about its possibilities as a ride. Would rather see it in hs or epcot where a good e-ticket is sorely needed.

JimboJones123

o_O Everest very short of Mummy? Opinion I guess, but without yeti I still think it's better. Perhaps more compareable to Rock'nRoller Coaster imo. :shrug:

Eh, anyway....

Is this Tron attraction like the Knott's ride where you sit on horses called Pony Express?

The horse ride is great.

As far as Everest vs Mummy, without the heavy G reverse Helix at the end, there isn't much more than a large kiddie coaster going on.

_Scar

The horse ride is great.

As far as Everest vs Mummy, without the heavy G reverse Helix at the end, there isn't much more than a large kiddie coaster going on.

Kiddie coasters go backwards in the dark at high speeds? And the drop and moments after that are far beyond more thrilling than what the Mummy has to have imo. The Mummy really gets you on the first ride through because you don't know what will happen next, but it loses its edge on repeat rides.

JimboJones123

Kiddie coasters go backwards in the dark at high speeds? And the drop and moments after that are far beyond more thrilling than what the Mummy has to have imo. The Mummy really gets you on the first ride through because you don't know what will happen next, but it loses its edge on repeat rides.

So we are agreeing to disagree?

I already stated that the reverse helix is the bright thrill spot. Besides that, I'll take Thunder Mt any day.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Lee, et al, any idea when the Shanghai plans will be released?

Anyway, I'm excited for it even if it does go just to Shanghai, because I would make the trip over there to see it (The whole park, duh, not just TRON)

Atomicmickey

Ya know, an indoor coaster/test track type thingy, all lit up Neon-y Tron-like, would be super cool--you could add effects that are digital to make you feel like you're going many times faster than you actually are, there could be all sorts of possibilities.

Any sort of kinetic ride system, with the Tron neon flowing by, would be fun.

And CM's on the edges hurling glowing discs at you as you ride by. :lol:

cheezbat

So Tron....something we've all kinda been wondering and thinking since before the movie was released.
I'm still sort of sad that it isn't Adventureland that's getting the love. I think it really needs something new to refresh that area. I would still love some type of mountain built over there.

Back to the Tron attraction though...wasn't the plan originally going to be for Disneyland...and then Shanghai? And IF successful THEN the Magic Kingdom?

Still...I surely hope this gets built. Even with the FLE the MK still needs another E-ticket.

And after that...let's PLEASE expand Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios....please? :veryconfu

Bender!

And after that...let's PLEASE expand Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios....please? :veryconfu

Well theyre already doing FLE and hopefully Tron to the Magic Kingdom. To jump straight to another expansion? I highly doubt it. Maybe we'll see something for the 50th anniversary of the World, though. :shrug:

stitch2008

Great! Now that we have that settled what attraction is getting the redo raven was talking about? :lol:

Project Y. :ROFLOL: I'd say maybe a Jungle Cruise redo?:shrug:

Well theyre already doing FLE and hopefully Tron to the Magic Kingdom. To jump straight to another expansion? I highly doubt it. Maybe we'll see something for the 50th anniversary of the World, though. :shrug:

I'd bet we see something big for AK for the 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom