Project Z

Lee

Adventurer
I'm thinking the best thing to do for now is to just let it be...

As I have said, this project is not yet (that I can 100% confirm) greenlit for MK. It may walk right up to the edge and then fall away like so many others have before.

Either way, you're talking about at least another 4 years (most likely) before the thing would even open.

I'm gonna step back from this discussion for a while. FLE is happening for sure, so it may make more sense to talk about that for now.
:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Listen there was a nice kid who used to post from the park on almost a weekly basis.. a nice kid.. posted a ton of photos..

and then he had the " inside scoop".. that they were going to build Mount Fuji or some thing like that at Japan in the world showcase..

and for a while it looked like it was going to happen.. But just about the time that he posted his "poems" about what was going to happen.. the project got dumped.. the day of decision came and it was a thumbs down..

but in the mean time, this kid was taking lots of heat because of his poem or Hyku or what ever he posted..

now he is hanging by a thread.. the project is dead.. and he looks stupid, (and I know that this won't happen to Lee..)

but the posters here jumped all over him ..beating on him , pestering him for answers.

and one day .. he snaps.. He turned on the owner of the site for no major reason and got banned forever..

and if you weren't here for that.. it wasn't pretty..

people here can be really nice for a few days.. and then one remark, like, WHY DON"T YOU STOP READING THE THREAD, starts.. and then some one may fire back.. and I am not.. trust me I am not..

but it happens.. and it goes from there..

or some one takes one thing some one posts personal.. and that's not what this site is about either.. its a site TO HELP ONE ANOTHER.. not to hinder them...

I am saying what I am saying because this has happened in the past.. and its not pretty..

i am telling you that.. I don't want anyone to have a fight, arguement or any thing..

I truly mean that.. lets all hold hands and sing Ku by ya.. Okay?

I wish you all well..
You have a very selective memory....

Mousermerf was not banned for haiku.....

The heat he took for said haiku did not make him snap....

He had an extensive reputation for being abrasive, rude and starting flame wars....

He complained about every little thing excessively.....

Here is the haiku thread.http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=248386

Note the date of the last posting he made.....

That date was April 3 2008.....

He was banned a month later for this post..... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=2875693&postcount=36

He was wining about something he had no clue about......

When Steve decided to call him on it he chose to attack Steve and dare him to ban him.....

The day he was banned was one of best in WDWMagic history....

autigger

Building a clone of the Monsters, Inc. ride from Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland would seem to fit the mold (as would the rumored Monsters, Inc. coaster for DHS). It would be based off a very successful movie when a sequel is due out in the future. DCA is following this formula right now by building carsland between the release of Cars and Cars 2.

kcnole

I agree with Lee. While its fun to ponder the future, lets not get too worked up about anything now. We've seen several projects right on the precipice of being announced only to have them discarded at the last minute. I've heard from some others who claim to have inside sources that since the reception to the new news about FLE currently seems so positive that this one may be done for the time being as well. The rumor as I heard it (and again I have no sources, just repeating from some who claim to) said is that the original FLE got such a negative reaction that they decided to modify it and announce what came out yesterday, at that point they'd see how that was received and whether it would give them enough good PR to counter HP or not. If not, then they would consider adding another big announcement to the roll outs. Its my guess that this thing was close, but will probably die now.

With the addition of Mermaid and the new Snow White I actually don't know that MK needs another attraction. I'd rather hear of a new E-ticket to DAK or DHS.

lebeau

I agree with Lee. While its fun to ponder the future, lets not get too worked up about anything now. We've seen several projects right on the precipice of being announced only to have them discarded at the last minute. I've heard from some others who claim to have inside sources that since the reception to the new news about FLE currently seems so positive that this one may be done for the time being as well. The rumor as I heard it (and again I have no sources, just repeating from some who claim to) said is that the original FLE got such a negative reaction that they decided to modify it and announce what came out yesterday, at that point they'd see how that was received and whether it would give them enough good PR to counter HP or not. If not, then they would consider adding another big announcement to the roll outs. Its my guess that this thing was close, but will probably die now.

With the addition of Mermaid and the new Snow White I actually don't know that MK needs another attraction. I'd rather hear of a new E-ticket to DAK or DHS.

The take-away I'm getting is that we need to react with more negitivity if we want to see anything good. :shrug:

wizards8507

I'm gonna step back from this discussion for a while. FLE is happening for sure, so it may make more sense to talk about that for now.

No.
This project is very much alive, and it's prospects do not hinge on FLE in any way. It is wanted by the "powers that be" for it's own merits.

Round of applause for Lee, who was able to "step back from this discussion" for a total of 53 minutes. ;)

:sohappy:

raven

Boy, you'd sure be wrong about that. Not Tron or MI specifically, but Shanghai is going to be unlike any MK park yet built, and will feature all sorts of things not seen before in a Disney park.

And the layout of the Shanghai park is unlike any other Disney park.

By the way, officials from Shanghai were in town last weekend touring with management in different areas. It's more of a visit to assure them that Disney isn't planning to entirely do their own thing and has the people of Shanghai in their best interest. This happened when they built EuroDisney as well.

Agreed. If Marvel shows up at an existing Disney property in Florida, it would have to be DHS

True. I'd be first in line to protest if I see Spiderman climbing Cinderella's Castle.

NYwdwfan

Round of applause for Lee, who was able to "step back from this discussion" for a total of 53 minutes. ;)

:sohappy:

You stole my post!! :lol:

If we weren't obsessing over what this could be, we'd probably be rehashing some other age old debate. I for one find this grand old fun! Thanks Lee for keeping us guessing! I guess the bigger picture is knowing that there are still MK improvements on the horizon (no pun intended) and FLE is *hopefully* not going to be the end of the excitement.

BTW - I like that Lee confirmed it was a ride - not just an attraction.

SeaCastle

If you want to have an idea what they might be planning, you have to start thinking like an Imagineer. :animwink:

I try not to think like an Imagineer simply because concepts are simply concepts until someone greenlights them for construction, and management is notorious for killing off projects. It's definitely fun to think of what WDI has planned, but if no one comes forward to pay for it or sign on the dotted line, then you just have good artwork for a coffee table book. :shrug:

wizards8507

I think Adventure land needs a mountain. MK needs 4 of them, right?

Off topic: Princess, I love your avatar.

On topic: Could be the case that all of Adventureland is getting a makeover, similar in style (not scope) to FLE. Maybe Lee's E-ticket and Raven's "plussing" are two parts of the same overall project.

If the project has anything to do with AL or FL I'm good. I don't think either of them get enough attention! I would also like to see them do an addition that helps fix the traffic jam that is the entrance to AL. I mean once you go in you have shops, the treehouse, and Dolewhip fanatics. It gets hard to get through.

Come to think about it the same thing can be said about the SM/BTMR entrance areas in FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom