Project Z

Captain Neo

WRE will never happen, as amazing as it would be if it did for those of us who have been following this legendary unmade attraction for years and years.

Simply put, modern audiences are just not into Westerns like they were when Disneyland first opened in 1955. Interest was more than waning by the time WDW opened in '71. Cowboys and Indians are a thing of the past.

Many of us who grew up part of later generations have a fondness and love for Frontierland because we associate it with Disney, not because we are fans of the Western genre. (not speaking for everyone, just making a general statement) To create such an expensive Western themed attraction for today's audiences would be a dumb move, despite how amazing the plans for WRE were. Besides, a good chunk of those scenes/ideas ended up being integrated into other rides along the way like World of Motion, The Land, and even Phantom Manor in Paris.

If I had to bet money on it, I'd say the closest we'll ever get to a new character driven/story based Frontierland attraction would be something centered around Woody from Toy Story...

Uh one of the biggest selling games of 2010 was Red Dead Redemption (a cowboy game) it also won game of the year. Also, True Grit was a huge hit at the box office. We also have the Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp coming out after Pirates 4. So im not sure what you are talking about.

red-dead-redemption-20091030040330159_640w.jpg

splashtest

Because Lee hinted at An attraction taking over another one, I am leaning toward a Tron theme to over take the TTA. When they tried redoing the TTA in Disneyland it failed miserably, but done right....it could be cool.

misterID

Well, I was going off what that member said...

But I trust you and your judgments. Can't wait to hear more.

Heh? All I did was answer your question about where the available plot in Adventure Land was.

Okay, I'll make this subtle. Does project Z have the letters T.R.O.N. in it?;)

misterID

Because Lee hinted at An attraction taking over another one, I am leaning toward a Tron theme to over take the TTA. When they tried redoing the TTA in Disneyland it fialed miserably, but done right....it could be cool.

Well, there is room for a new ride in TL by COP....

TTA would be safe.

Crazy Harry

Tron?? Tron just does not seem to be a big enough franchise with enough followers to make it worth while. Not every attraction needs a movie or character tie in.

I'm confused by your statement. Tron is not a strong enough franchise, but no franchise at all is needed?:shrug: So you're saying that a strong attraction can be made whether there is a strong franchise or not? So doesn't this same line of thinking mean that a franchise with cult success as well as moderate overall appeal that sells a lot of merchandise can be made into a great attraction that may actually increase the overall popularity?

I feel another confirmation is Lee saying that if he mentioned which land, it would give it away. So I also feel its Tron. And as far as staying power, I know people have mentioned Tron plays toward older fans and newer fans because of decades between the movies, and that it has comics and video games, but also remember that an animated series and a third movie is coming. Also, CSM mentioned four franchises with staying power that could be ride material - when three of those already have or will have something. And for what its worth, my wife, my 17 year old daughter and my 10 year old daughter also loved the new Tron. The franchise seems to have a wide appeal. I'm glad these guys don't spill all the beans though - its too fun reading all this stuff. :) Thanks.

twinnstar

oh my god. i just read this entire thread :dazzle: ...

...with a magnifying glass! and heres what I've come up with:

Lee's attraction: Its in MK, Its not in any "F" lands...but Lee had an offputting reaction when someone said "it has to be in adventureland" - which tells me its in tomorrowland. he also had a similiar reaction when someone said "it has no tie in to a disney film/char" - which tells me it DOES.....so that means Tomorrowland, based on something preexisting .......its GOT to be Tron! Tron is gonna have the sequels, and its been a cult fav for a long time, and the new one did well (enough) and there is alot of potential behind that "theme", you could come up with something awesome, something fanboys would love. Plus, lee said he likes the idea alot - and like Disneyfan89 pointed out, his profile has him listed as living on "The Grid" :lookaroun hmmmm !! :D

Raven's attraction: Lee said its not necc in Adventureland, which tells me its NOT! so what needs a refurb in MK...thats not in adventure land? Im thinking ... i cant think of anything! haha. anything that needs a refurb in anyplace other than adventureland just needs to be gutted completely!! Maybe a new Country Bears Jamboree? I loved the idea someone had about a Woody's Roundup! Oh my! love love.

if it IS in adventureland though...i REALLY REALLY hope its Tiki Room...that place makes me die inside. :cry: otherwise, Jungle Cruise could always use a makeover!!!!

aaah! now ill be thinking about this every minute.

puntagordabob

I wish I could think like an Imagineer. Unfortunately I think like an accountant. :lookaroun

LOL

If your just talking about the redo then I have to go back to my original guess in the press release thread when I guessed a redo of the Aladdin Spinner. Guest research has been polling guest a lot about this ride and it was suppose to go down for a refurb until Tiki caught on fire.

Id like to see it refurbed to another location... it has cluttered up the area up so much that you cannot even see the Tiki Room really.... darn clausterphobic sometimes walking around there as it gets to be such a traffic jam.

Boy, you'd sure be wrong about that. Not Tron or MI specifically, but Shanghai is going to be unlike any MK park yet built, and will feature all sorts of things not seen before in a Disney park.

Ohhhh that sounds exciting.. looking forward to hearing more of this when their plans are released....

let’s not forget, the Country Bear Jamboree.

That would be sad if they ruined the CBJ

Lee said the E-ticket would not be in Frontierland. Country Bears could experiance a redo but for the life of me I can't imagine why they would spend money on redoing the Country Bear show when they wont even bring the original tiki room show back.

Yeah, amazes me to no end that they are not jumping at the chance to bring the original Tiki Room back (disneyland version).

Hmmm, thinking outside the box for a second, Raven says they are looking at an Attraction Redo. Who says that the attraction redo has to be done on the same plot of land. What if by redoing the attraction they moved said attraction to a different park. Like for example, moving the Aladdin Spinner to DHS?

Moving it out of its present spot would sure open up the area....used to be so awesome walking in there.....

How could this NOT be Tron? C'mon people.

:ROFLOL:

Any maybe Raven's thing is the Tiki Room itself. Return to "old" management perhaps?

Tron would be Awesome!!!!

Any chain of events that brings the Tiki Room back "Under Walt's Management" would be a beloved thing to me!!! Give Jose back his show! :)

Bender!

Gosh, this thread...

Anyhow, would love to see Fire Mountain in AL but Lee said that its dead...I'm guessing that means its still dead.

TRON then? I guess so.

DisneyNut2007

Lee said the E-ticket would not be in Frontierland. Country Bears could experiance a redo but for the life of me I can't imagine why they would spend money on redoing the Country Bear show when they wont even bring the original tiki room show back.

Just because the original Tiki show is never coming back to WDW does not mean that they won't give the Country Bears any kind of refurbishment.

Also, the Country Bears' space is way too small for another attraction to go in its spot.

raven

Pretty sure it's Tron.

Now we just have to figure out Raven's clues.

Didn't realize people were still so into trying to figure out this project. If it is greenlit then I'll be happy. But there are a few other upgrades at the other parks that I'd rather see get the go first.

MickeyPeace

Pretty sure it's Tron.

Now we just have to figure out Raven's clues.

Agreed. In this game of Clue I'm going back to my original answer.

It's Tron in Tomorrowland with the memory disk.

Now on to Raven. I don't have Raven's info except that it's an overlay of an existing attraction. Is that right?

We haven't yet seen a Tarzan overlay of Swiss Family Treehouse or a Pirate's takeover of Tom Sawyer Island yet.....

disnyfan89

Didn't realize people were still so into trying to figure out this project. If it is greenlit then I'll be happy. But there are a few other upgrades at the other parks that I'd rather see get the go first.
Well I don't know if other people are so into figureing out the project but the suspense is killing me. :lol: I'm more interested in what attraction might be getting a redo than the E-ticket. Something must be wrong with me. :hammer:

Next Big Thing

What are the other upgrades you speak of? Anything you can tell us or any hints you can give?

Bravo 229

Z for Zoog Disney? :(

Or maybe they're turning Adventureland into Zombieland? :ROFLOL:

Seriously though, I'm glad they are at least working towards bringing new things into the parks!

raven

I don't have Raven's info except that it's an overlay of an existing attraction. Is that right?

We haven't yet seen a Tarzan overlay of Swiss Family Treehouse or a Pirate's takeover of Tom Sawyer Island yet.....

I think someone else added the whole "overlay" concept, not me. I just said it was a redo but it's only being looked into as of right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom