Project Z

csm

True, but if some real earth moving begins in April, which has been widely rumored, it seems like a long time to wait.

Par for the course for these types of things, though.

Meaning no disrespect, what difference does it make if you know about the park now or in September? You still can't even begin to consider a visit until 2015. Why the rush?

Announcements like these are planned out long in advance to be issued when they can have the most impact on the news media. Something like D23 will already have attention on the company, so this will make an even bigger bang for your buck - a much longer "wow look at Disney!" story than just announcing a new park and having the news fizzle a few weeks later leaving you with four more years of awkward waiting.

disnyfan89

Lee.. how do I say this nicely.. are you trying to kill some one.. do you remember the last guy who spoke in rhymes and poetry trying to say a new attraction was coming to Japan?

and do you remember how many posts and how many people went totally nuts by trying to guess what exactly he was speaking about to the point where the guy ended up putting his foot in his mouth and getting thrown out of here?

Lee.. You can't keep this up for months or a month or a week or more then a few days..

either you are going to have to " come clean" or drop every thing.. because the tension , the posts.. the guessing.. the argueing over the guessing will be come maddening..

Lee.. I respect you.. but instead of hints and opening a big can of worms, you need to come out and say what the heck is going on..

or close the thread and not bring it up UNTIL YOU CAN SAY It..

because, after a day or two of this, it won't stay pretty or nice..

it just won't. .and you and I both have been here long enough to know that..
Lee does things like this all the time. The difference between Lee and that other guy is that Lee actually knows what he's talking about.

Also, I don't really think Lee is dancing around the attraction he's talking about. He has already put to rest the suggested concepts that don't match up so that only leaves one or two ideas to pick from.

csm

Lee.. I respect you.. but instead of hints and opening a big can of worms, you need to come out and say what the heck is going on..

The best saying that relates to this is also the best reply - "Those who know don't talk and those who talk don't know."

Lee and a handful of others here are trying to give you clues of some big things to keep people excited without SAYING EXACTLY what it is and completely compromising sources that will continue to give news into the future. If someone like Lee were to spill all the details on this new Shanghai attraction possibly bound elsewhere down the road, that someone would *never* have news to share with you beyond that point because they'd never be trusted with it again.

So I pose you this question: Want all the details on this Shanghai ride? Is it worth never having valid news again?

wizards8507

*sigh*
To clarify:

The thing I'm talking about is not in either of the lands beginning with "F".
The thing raven is referring to....has no such limits and could be anywhere.;)

I never said the ride I'm talking about would not tie in to an existing property.

How could this NOT be Tron? C'mon people.

:ROFLOL:

Any maybe Raven's thing is the Tiki Room itself. Return to "old" management perhaps?

bjlc57

and all I am saying is that after a couple of days of begging and guessing, people here, stop being nice.. they stop playing and working well with others..

and its happened numerous times here..

and that's all I am saying..

either say what you know ...or close the thread untill you can say what you know..

so that the fights and battles don't begin.. and over the years it has happened..

ChrisM

Meaning no disrespect, what difference does it make if you know about the park now or in September? You still can't even begin to consider a visit until 2015. Why the rush?

Announcements like these are planned out long in advance to be issued when they can have the most impact on the news media. Something like D23 will already have attention on the company, so this will make an even bigger bang for your buck - a much longer "wow look at Disney!" story than just announcing a new park and having the news fizzle a few weeks later leaving you with four more years of awkward waiting.

I'm well aware of the rhyme and reason for PR announcement timing. Which doesn't intersect with my own personal interest in the park: that I want to see the slate of attractions proposed as soon as possible.

My travels don't often take me to the far east, so it's highly unlikely I would ever spend what precious time I had there at a Disney theme park. Ergo, my interest in it is not as a potential patron.

disnyfan89

How could this NOT be Tron? C'mon people.

:ROFLOL:

Any maybe Raven's thing is the Tiki Room itself. Return to "old" management perhaps?

Except current MGMT has already told individuals that UNM is returning plus the original question posed to Raven was if they would announce anything about the Tiki room at the press event on tuesday and Raven replied by saying not the Tiki Room but maybe a redo of an attraction close by.

I don't think he started that particular thread, no?

disnyfan89

and all I am saying is that after a couple of days of begging and guessing, people here, stop being nice.. they stop playing and working well with others..

and its happened numerous times here..

and that's all I am saying..

either say what you know ...or close the thread untill you can say what you know..

so that the fights and battles don't begin.. and over the years it has happened..
But that would be boring and we would never have such great threads like this one.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Lee.. how do I say this nicely.. are you trying to kill some one.. do you remember the last guy who spoke in rhymes and poetry trying to say a new attraction was coming to Japan?

and do you remember how many posts and how many people went totally nuts by trying to guess what exactly he was speaking about to the point where the guy ended up putting his foot in his mouth and getting thrown out of here?

Lee.. You can't keep this up for months or a month or a week or more then a few days..

either you are going to have to " come clean" or drop every thing.. because the tension , the posts.. the guessing.. the argueing over the guessing will be come maddening..

Did you ever stop to consider the fact that Lee can't come out and reveal what he knows? That it would be damaging to him and his sources both? The same for Raven. They have access to this information, but that does not mean they can reveal it at the beck and call of this forum. And if you take the time to read some of these threads, you'll discover that the answers are indeed provided at one point or another.....

But if that's too much for you, don't read the threads. Problem solved for all.....

wizards8507

Except current MGMT has already told individuals that UNM is returning plus the original question posed to Raven was if they would announce anything about the Tiki room at the press event on tuesday and Raven replied by saying not the Tiki Room but maybe a redo of an attraction close by.

Darn. I never actually found Raven's original post on the issue, I've just been reading all the dialogue that has followed. Your explanation shoots a well-deserved dart through my theory.

RSoxNo1

I'm saying all of this as pure speculation - I have no knowledge about what this project at this time other than what's been written in this thread.

I do know that Marvel should have a significant presence in Shanghai. Now there are obvious restrictions on the Marvel characters for Florida, and thematically it doesn't seem to be a logical fit for an existing land in the Magic Kingdom.

However, my understanding of Shanghai Disneyland may not have a traditional Tomorrowland, and instead have that area devoted to Marvel instead. Would Tron and Marvel co-exist in that same area?

Does anyone have any definitive knowledge about a Tron attraction appearing in Shanghai?

imagineer boy

I'm saying all of this as pure speculation - I have no knowledge about what this project at this time other than what's been written in this thread.

I do know that Marvel should have a significant presence in Shanghai. Now there are obvious restrictions on the Marvel characters for Florida, and thematically it doesn't seem to be a logical fit for an existing land in the Magic Kingdom.

However, my understanding of Shanghai Disneyland may not have a traditional Tomorrowland, and instead have that area devoted to Marvel instead. Would Tron and Marvel co-exist in that same area?

Does anyone have any definitive knowledge about a Tron attraction appearing in Shanghai?

Blegh... the mere thought of a marvel land at Shanghai makes me sick to my stoumach. :hurl:

wizards8507

Agreed. If Marvel shows up at an existing Disney property in Florida, it would have to be DHS

JafarMaleficent

Well the tron comics are published by marvel so I can see the coexisting.

bjlc57

Listen there was a nice kid who used to post from the park on almost a weekly basis.. a nice kid.. posted a ton of photos..

and then he had the " inside scoop".. that they were going to build Mount Fuji or some thing like that at Japan in the world showcase..

and for a while it looked like it was going to happen.. But just about the time that he posted his "poems" about what was going to happen.. the project got dumped.. the day of decision came and it was a thumbs down..

but in the mean time, this kid was taking lots of heat because of his poem or Hyku or what ever he posted..

now he is hanging by a thread.. the project is dead.. and he looks stupid, (and I know that this won't happen to Lee..)

but the posters here jumped all over him ..beating on him , pestering him for answers.

and one day .. he snaps.. He turned on the owner of the site for no major reason and got banned forever..

and if you weren't here for that.. it wasn't pretty..

people here can be really nice for a few days.. and then one remark, like, WHY DON"T YOU STOP READING THE THREAD, starts.. and then some one may fire back.. and I am not.. trust me I am not..

but it happens.. and it goes from there..

or some one takes one thing some one posts personal.. and that's not what this site is about either.. its a site TO HELP ONE ANOTHER.. not to hinder them...

I am saying what I am saying because this has happened in the past.. and its not pretty..

i am telling you that.. I don't want anyone to have a fight, arguement or any thing..

I truly mean that.. lets all hold hands and sing Ku by ya.. Okay?

I wish you all well..

PhilharMagician

But tron sells merchandise and once again is proven in a themepark enviroment with elcTRONica.

Ok, if you say so. I still say no. Merch sales are one thing after a movie is realeased, but what kind of presence will Tron have in another 5 years? The first Tron movie had a good cult following, but was never a truely popular movie/franchise. The video game probably faired the best when it comes to Tron.

I just wanted to point out that many people are talking about WRE (Western River Expedition) could in fact be Project "Z". WRE was part of Thunder Messa which was a huge project with mutiple rides that engulfed most of the area where Splash and Thunder are now located. With it's western FRONTIER theme it really would not fit in either Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Liberty Square of Main St USA which is where we have been informed it would be if it does indeed happen.

Here is some info;

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wre.htm

http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyworld/thundermesa.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom