Project Z

UncleScrooge

After reading through the thread and the various clues provided and/or implied; I am guessing that “project Z” (the E ticket Lee is referencing) is most probably going to be located in Tomorrowland. I would assume that it would be located on the large plot of land where the Galaxy Palace Theater used to be (between Buzz Lightyear and CoP), as that area would be large enough to accommodate such an attraction. My best guess as to its theme would be either a totally original concept or one that is loosely based on Tron.
Now in reference to the attraction redo/plusing that is nearby the Tiki Room that Raven is talking about, I think we can eliminate the Pirates as that has recently been upgraded and Lee suggested that it is not the Jungle Cruise. That would leave only the Swiss Family Treehouse (Lee only mentioned that it would not be removed, he did not comment if it will be altered), Aladdin, and, let’s not forget, the Country Bear Jamboree.

csm

What's the current scuttlebutt on when hai will finally be announced?

Are we talking weeks or months?

This part is just a guess but I would personally expect the next D23 expo. They like having big "exclusive" news, right? All that expansion stuff for Hong Kong was announced at the last one. I would expect this to fill that mold nicely.

T-1MILLION

After reading through the thread and the various clues provided and/or implied; I am guessing that “project Z” (the E ticket Lee is referencing) is most probably going to be located in Tomorrowland. I would assume that it would be located on the large plot of land where the Galaxy Palace Theater used to be (between Buzz Lightyear and CoP), as that area would be large enough to accommodate such an attraction. My best guess as to its theme would be either a totally original concept or one that is loosely based on Tron.
Now in reference to the attraction redo/plusing that is nearby the Tiki Room that Raven is talking about, I think we can eliminate the Pirates as that has recently been upgraded and Lee suggested that it is not the Jungle Cruise. That would leave only the Swiss Family Treehouse (Lee only mentioned that it would not be removed, he did not comment if it will be altered), Aladdin, and, let’s not forget, the Country Bear Jamboree.

I have not read through the details but seem to be fair points, but I also believe Lee said it will not be in frontierland. So that leaves Country Bears out.

ChrisM

This part is just a guess but I would personally expect the next D23 expo. They like having big "exclusive" news, right? All that expansion stuff for Hong Kong was announced at the last one. I would expect this to fill that mold nicely.

When is the next D23 Expo? August?

If so, that seems a long way off.

ChrisM

I think you've nailed it here. My expecations are:

(1) New E-Ticket in Tomorrowland, most likely a TRON light-cycle ride. We'll know as soon as Shanghai's slate of attractions is announced.

(2) A re-invention of the Country Bear Jamboree themed to Toy Story (Woody/Jesse).

disnyfan89

I have not read through the details but seem to be fair points, but I also believe Lee said it will not be in frontierland. So that leaves Country Bears out.
Lee said the E-ticket would not be in Frontierland. Country Bears could experiance a redo but for the life of me I can't imagine why they would spend money on redoing the Country Bear show when they wont even bring the original tiki room show back.

Lee

Adventurer
*sigh*
To clarify:

The thing I'm talking about is not in either of the lands beginning with "F".
The thing raven is referring to....has no such limits and could be anywhere.;)

I never said the ride I'm talking about would not tie in to an existing property.

csm

So its not a tie in to something existing? Something original? Awesome.

Again though, not to rain on this parade (which is still far superior to Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun :dazzle: ) but this is something original -- for Shanghai.

Whether or not it comes to other parks at some point is up the in the air- but the real talk here about a confirmed ride is *for Shanghai*.

csm

When is the next D23 Expo? August?

If so, that seems a long way off.

I think it's September, is it not? (I'm admittedly too lazy to look it up) - but either way, that's not a long way off when speaking in terms of a project that does not open until 2015.

disnyfan89

*sigh*
To clarify:

The thing I'm talking about is not in either of the lands beginning with "F".
The thing raven is referring to....has no such limits and could be anywhere.;)

I never said the ride I'm talking about would not tie in to an existing property.
I think we can all agree your E-ticket is located in Tomorrowland and oh look I just happened to notice you've listed your location as "The Grid"!

For Raven we know the project is somewhere near the Tiki Room. How near is the question.

ChrisM

I think it's September, is it not? (I'm admittedly too lazy to look it up) - but either way, that's not a long way off when speaking in terms of a project that does not open until 2015.

True, but if some real earth moving begins in April, which has been widely rumored, it seems like a long time to wait.

Par for the course for these types of things, though.

disnyfan89

Hmmm, thinking outside the box for a second, Raven says they are looking at an Attraction Redo. Who says that the attraction redo has to be done on the same plot of land. What if by redoing the attraction they moved said attraction to a different park. Like for example, moving the Aladdin Spinner to DHS?

JustInTime

Hmmm, thinking outside the box for a second, Raven says they are looking at an Attraction Redo. Who says that the attraction redo has to be done on the same plot of land. What if by redoing the attraction they moved said attraction to a different park. Like for example, moving the Aladdin Spinner to DHS?
I get the example but thankfully the carpets won't be moving to DHS...

ToTBellHop

I would imagine most have misinterpretted the plans for Shanghai--it seems odd to announce plans for 3 theme parks from the outset. Theme park 3 could be 20-25 years away. How can they possibly be seriously planning a park that far out? The public may have very different expectations of theme parks by 2035. So, I would imagine they are actually planning on 3 supersized lands for the park--Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Our new ride is obviously not coming from Fantasyland as we are already getting an update there. Further, it is rumored that our mine coaster will also go to Shanghai, which could explain both the delay in its announcement for us and the delay in its completion--Shanghai has tremendous funding, got this ride approved, and now we can get a copy b/c it's already being developed elsewhere. Further, the late 2013/early 2014 opening is close to when the Shanghai park opens, so they would be developing both copies of the ride at roughly the same time. This could also explain how they managed to replace a couple meet and greets with a ride and have the budget remain roughly the same--R&D is being paid by the Shanghai project's budget.

This leaves Adventureland and Tomorrowland. Lee has hinted that "something near the Tiki room" likely refers to the smaller-scale addition Raven is talking about, which then, as many have deduced, leaves the E-Ticket in Tomorrowland.

As for the Tron idea, is Tron popular in China?

disnyfan89

I would imagine most have misinterpretted the plans for Shanghai--it seems odd to announce plans for 3 theme parks from the outset. Theme park 3 could be 20-25 years away. How can they possibly be seriously planning a park that far out? The public may have very different expectations of theme parks by 2035. So, I would imagine they are actually planning on 3 supersized lands for the park--Adventureland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. Our new ride is obviously not coming from Fantasyland as we are already getting an update there. Further, it is rumored that our mine coaster will also go to Shanghai, which could explain both the delay in its announcement for us and the delay in its completion--Shanghai has tremendous funding, got this ride approved, and now we can get a copy b/c it's already being developed elsewhere. Further, the late 2013/early 2014 opening is close to when the Shanghai park opens, so they would be developing both copies of the ride at roughly the same time.

This leaves Adventureland and Tomorrowland. Lee has hinted that "something near the Tiki room" likely refers to the smaller-scale addition Raven is talking about, which then, as many have deduced, leaves the E-Ticket in Tomorrowland.

As for the Tron idea, is Tron popular in China?

According to the wall covered in the Dwarfs Coaster concept art its opening in 2012

bjlc57

lee, Lee, LEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee.. how do I say this nicely.. are you trying to kill some one.. do you remember the last guy who spoke in rhymes and poetry trying to say a new attraction was coming to Japan?

and do you remember how many posts and how many people went totally nuts by trying to guess what exactly he was speaking about to the point where the guy ended up putting his foot in his mouth and getting thrown out of here?

Lee.. You can't keep this up for months or a month or a week or more then a few days..

either you are going to have to " come clean" or drop every thing.. because the tension , the posts.. the guessing.. the argueing over the guessing will be come maddening..

Lee.. I respect you.. but instead of hints and opening a big can of worms, you need to come out and say what the heck is going on..

or close the thread and not bring it up UNTIL YOU CAN SAY It..

because, after a day or two of this, it won't stay pretty or nice..

it just won't. .and you and I both have been here long enough to know that..

WDWFigment

I think it's fairly obvious Lee is talking about the highly anticipated "Equilateral, Isosceles, and Scalene Triangle Adventure Rollercoaster starring Ludwig Von Drake" that we've all been salivating over for years. I mean, that much goes without saying. It's obviously the perfect fit for Adventureland (see the word "Adventure" in the attraction's title) or Tomorrowland (what's more futuristic than triangles?!?) so maybe that's why there's the question over where it will be?

The only question I have, Lee, is whether Sonny Eclipse, SIR, and Skippy will be the pre-show hosts, as originally planned?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom