Project Gemini Revealed

Speedway 9

World Showcase???

Originally posted by FutureCEO
>>>Indeed, with the U.S. economy currently in the toilet and the threat of war in the Middle East looming ever larger every day, the Walt Disney Company is reportedly considering all manner of cost savings measures right now. I've even heard talk that the Mouse is giving semi-serious thought to actually shutting down each of WDW's theme parks for one day each week. At least 'til the war with Iraq is over and/or tourist traffic patterns for the Orlando theme parks get back to normal<<<

:eek: :eek: :eek:

About the P.G. thing. I don't like the name. Rainforest Forest rollercoaster. wouldn't that fit better in AK? HNo, fountain, How can we live without that? while i do agree with more trees but not hundreds. Wouldn't it be cool if EPCOT could build an underground rollercoaster? I don't like this at all, while some parts of it i like but like more thrills, i donb't like it all together. If you want to do Project Gemini, do it to World Showcase. Not this idea but put thrill rides and attractions at every country.

Are you kidding me? I love World Showcase the way it is. Putting rollercoasters or thrill rides in every pavillion would completely ruin the atmosphere of the Showcase and I don't think that I would ever be able to return there ever again!

Speedway 9

kennyj29

Rollercoasters

Gee, I didn't read anything about thrill rides in every attraction, Could you please show me that? I seemed to have only seen one rollercoaster......I think maybe you are just exaggerating a tad? Welcome, Rainforest Roller Coaster!!! Now, Let's not get crazy about too many thrill rides again........Let's just have fun with this and realize it won't be reaility for quite awhile. If you like it now, go visit it before any of it happens which could be forever at this point in time!!!!!!!!!

Tim G

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Major Thread drift!!

You're absolutely right :lol: :lol: :lol:, so back on topic.

What more can I say about Project: Gemini

It's not going to be like everyone thinks..
Everyone disagrees..:animwink:

Forget the article, even forget the fake photo...

Patience, that's we need...

Nobody knows (well nobody?) exactly what's going to happen..
There are some plans, and all of the sudden everyone gets excited and nervous :) it's only a plan... nothing more, nothing less...

In the end, it all depends on the cash flow...

It's a big budget... but only a budget... There's no money for the whole thing........yet.

Fido

Well they DID take out the seacab portion of Living Seas...so surely now they now have enough money to fund Gemini, right?
:lookaroun

:lol:

josh_e_washie

If project Gemini is true, and does happen, I hope that people won't forget the old Epcot. I love the 1980's view of the future with the concrete and fiber optics. I have to say that a lot of the things in that article are just not true. Spaceship Earth, for example, should never change and is boring to only a few people. I for one am only 17 and I love Epcot. Everyone I know who has been to WDW loves Epcot the best! This makes me sad:(

kennyj29

Sorry Josh

You know not what you speak!!! Don't say only a few people want SE changed. That is a joke!! SE was wonderful and I loved it but it is definitely time for a change. I am far from a "few" people as you say. Most of the people I know and who are huge Disney goers are looking forward to the change. Just because you don't want it don't say a "FEW". There are those who do and those who don't I always seem to think it's probably split down the middle.

ToTBellHop

Re: Sorry Josh

Originally posted by kennyj29
You know not what you speak!!! Don't say only a few people want SE changed. That is a joke!! SE was wonderful and I loved it but it is definitely time for a change. I am far from a "few" people as you say. Most of the people I know and who are huge Disney goers are looking forward to the change. Just because you don't want it don't say a "FEW". There are those who do and those who don't I always seem to think it's probably split down the middle.

I think most of us are ready for a change, but I don't think people had a 50 mph thrill ride in mind.

TURKEY

Re: Re: Sorry Josh

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I think most of us are ready for a change, but I don't think people had a 50 mph thrill ride in mind.

Show me concrete proof that it's going to be a 50 mph thrill ride.

ToTBellHop

Time Racer is Rocket Rods done right (as we know, Time Racer was Rocket Rods' first name--before they decided to have no story on it).

ToTBellHop

History of the world w/ special effects to make the time travel seem more realistic--all in Rocket Rods type cars. It'll probably have a more in depth story to make it feel more like a race, where, like all disney thrill rides, something will go wrong:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom