Project Gemini Revealed

Rider

I don't like it. I don't hate it either.

Now my brother... the Tiki room was his favorite show, and I don't think he can ever forgive them for changing it. When we went to Disneyland he spent all day at their Tiki room. Any time we asked him what he wanted to do, thats all he said.

They could do one thing to "fix" it for him (and me). Let the birds finish the Tiki Tiki Tiki room song.

agdbeanie

Originally posted by Rider
They could do one thing to "fix" it for him (and me). Let the birds finish the Tiki Tiki Tiki room song.

I agree!
I don't hate it, but it is not as good as the original. If they had left more of the original music in the show I would like it a lot more!!!

JLW11Hi

threeeead drifftttt.....:lol:

Lets pretend here a second and say that Epcot had originally opened with the trees in Future World. Would it be possible that those of you who are opposing the trees now would be groaning and complaining if they were planning to take the trees out and replace them with "nothing but open spaces"? Seriously, I could see that very easlily:

"Boy, Disney sure is getting cheap nowadays. They dont want to spend money on landscaping so they're going to bulldoze all those beautiful trees around Future World! Just big, empty open spaces instead."

In my opinion, this seems like a pretty addition to Epcot. I remember when everyone was complaing about how they replaced the plants in front of Epcot with Leave a Legacy. Isnt this kinda just vice versa?

I just think that it seems strange that people would be complaining about Disney actually adding plant life to a theme park. Like I said, it would seem more logical for fans to oppose "open space" rather than landscaping.

But everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course! Just something to think about :)

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Lets pretend here a second and say that Epcot had originally opened with the trees in Future World. Would it be possible that those of you who are opposing the trees now would be groaning and complaining if they were planning to take the trees out and replace them with "nothing but open spaces"? Seriously, I could see that very easlily:

"Boy, Disney sure is getting cheap nowadays. They dont want to spend money on landscaping so they're going to bulldoze all those beautiful trees around Future World! Just big, empty open spaces instead."

In my opinion, this seems like a pretty addition to Epcot. I remember when everyone was complaing about how they replaced the plants in front of Epcot with Leave a Legacy. Isnt this kinda just vice versa?

I just think that it seems strange that people would be complaining about Disney actually adding plant life to a theme park. Like I said, it would seem more logical for fans to oppose "open space" rather than landscaping.

But everyone's entitled to their opinion, of course! Just something to think about :)

well, i can definately see your point here, and you may very well be right! but i think there is a difference between PG and the change of plants to LaL....before LaL, (and this is just from my view point) the plants accented SE because they were used in moderation...with PG, it looks like Disney will be going crazy with plants and just putting trees anywhere their finger falls on a map. so for me, i'm all for adding plants, as long as they're in moderation and have some sort of purpose/pattern to them. and i'm personally not seeing any of those things with the trees planned for PG.

Hank Scorpio

I think a lot of people here despise change in anyway....

I think at the end of the day, no matter what Disney do to Epcot, someone isn't going to be happy about it. PG does look good on paper, and I can think of a lot worse things to do with the age-ing future world.

kennyj29

Epcot

I would love WOL to be gone.....that would make me soooooooooooo happy!!!! I hate that pavillion. I love the ideas of the trees and getting rid of the concrete appearance. I love the whole idea......period!!!! Can't wait, if it becomes a reality for it to happen. But like is said, with the war looming, you can't expect them to do anything much right now. Anyway, hoping some day it becomes reality. I would so love to see it though, it would give me a reason to do the front part of Epcot again!!!!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think, for Disney to survive, they need to be constantly changing/evolving. Keep in mind the people on this board are a vocal minority compared to the general Disney going public.

If you randomly select someone off the street, chances are they went to Disney World maybe once over the past five years. They may go back again, but when they do, they expect things to be fresh and new and different.

Next time a co-worker comes back from Disney World, ask him/her if he/she will be going back next year. I expect you'll get a puzzled expression and a response something like: "We just went there, why would we want to go back again so soon?"

Frankly, if I was a Disney executive, I'd be more concerned with pleasing that sort of customer. Nuts like us will keep coming no matter what they serve us.

Hank Scorpio

Originally posted by garyhoov
I think, for Disney to survive, they need to be constantly changing/evolving. Keep in mind the people on this board are a vocal minority compared to the general Disney going public.

If you randomly select someone off the street, chances are they went to Disney World maybe once over the past five years. They may go back again, but when they do, they expect things to be fresh and new and different.

Next time a co-worker comes back from Disney World, ask him/her if he/she will be going back next year. I expect you'll get a puzzled expression and a response something like: "We just went there, why would we want to go back again so soon?"

Frankly, if I was a Disney executive, I'd be more concerned with pleasing that sort of customer. Nuts like us will keep coming no matter what they serve us.

Well said! :sohappy:

I entirely agree... even though we might all love Disney a lot more then the average joe, we are just the minority. If it was just us people going to the parks, they would'nt generate enough money to operate the existing rides, let alone updating it to keep it fresh. So welcome change everyone - it can't all be bad!

WDWKing

Originally posted by Corrus
I was serious.

Whoa, whoa. I think you mis-interpreted my text or I mis-typed it. Probably the latter. I used seriously though to get people's attention. I often use it around my friends. It's kind of an inside joke. I guess I shouldn't have used it here. Oh yeah, I often abuse Emoticons too. Sorry about that. Don't take it the wrong way.

:eek:

TestTrackTom

its mostly good i think. wonders of life is just corny (body wars is boring, cranium command is fun the first time, not worth seeing again, and that goofy heath station has no more than 2 people in it). but HEDGE MAZE!!! sounds stoopid to me

and living seas is nice how it is. just incorporate a ride into it somehow. land is kinda fine. living with the land is very interesting, the food rocks:lol: , the show food rocks sucks (notice the irony):hammer:

imagination pavilion is awesome. favorite thing in epcot next to test track.

time racers sounds appealing to me. what is it, like a go cart racing thing? sounds awesome:cool:

and an iraq pavilion would be nice, with a sadaam shooting archery range, KillSadaam which is another buzz lightyear clone, and sadaam's head on a platter at the gift shops:lol:

Tim G

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
An Iraq pavillion... :lol:

I guess they could buy a few scud missiles, and a couple of tons of sand... and you'd have a pavillion :lol:

IMO Not funny! :mad:

And above all, take care that the drift is not going to be too political.. please...

Tim G

Originally posted by WDWKing
Whoa, whoa. I think you mis-interpreted my text or I mis-typed it. Probably the latter. I used seriously though to get people's attention. I often use it around my friends. It's kind of an inside joke. I guess I shouldn't have used it here. Oh yeah, I often abuse Emoticons too. Sorry about that. Don't take it the wrong way.

:eek:
:lol: LOL :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom