Progress at Everest!

WDWhumanmap

this is very true asked a manager about it last time I went. Said they will take betty the yeti down in peice meal and try to put it back together.:sohappy: Unforunately for the bad news they said it will take years but good news my son might be able to see it alive again once more in working cm preview order. :D (That is bad news bc my son is still young and won't be on Everest for another good 2-3 yrs at best.:brick: Though at least they realized something is seriously wrong and are working on it.:sohappy:) As I always say Patience is a virtue espically when it comes to WDW and there attractions.:rolleyes:

Tom

Beta Return
this is very true asked a manager about it last time I went. Said they will take betty the yeti down in peice meal and try to put it back together.:sohappy: Unforunately for the bad news they said it will take years but good news my son might be able to see it alive again once more in working cm preview order. :D (That is bad news bc my son is still young and won't be on Everest for another good 2-3 yrs at best.:brick: Though at least they realized something is seriously wrong and are working on it.:sohappy:) As I always say Patience is a virtue espically when it comes to WDW and there attractions.:rolleyes:

:confused:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

So we have to suffer for three years with NO YETI at all? Why not just close the attraction for 6 months and get it over with?

Tom

Beta Return
This is what should happen EE isn't worth it without the Yeti!!!!!!

Sure it is! It's a great coaster with special effects, switchbacks, and awesome theming.

My wife and I have never seen the Yeti move, and only ACTUALLY saw him one time on our Honeymoon a few years ago. Since then, he's either been in the dark or went unnoticed since he wasn't moving.

But it didn't ruin our experience. For 90% of the day guests - the ones who aren't here on the internet forums - are completely satisfied that they either saw the Yeti in his shadow format, or they finish the ride and think, "Oh man, I never found him. We gotta ride it again to find that elusive Yeti," as if it's a game to see if you can find him.

Shutting the ride down to fix it would be disastrous to the rest of the park and queues. We just have to be patient, and we need to quit assuming that "TDO doesn't know it's broken! We must continue to tell them!"

Mickey is King

I didnt think I would have to explain that. If its generating that much force such as a 747 its obvious there is a large potential to have excess forces on the structure.

Was I the only one thinking about this?

On the Yeti structure or the mountain itself?

Could they be perhapse keeping the Yeti down for now because of the possibility of strutural damage to the base of the mountain itself? probably a numb question.

Rob562

Shutting the ride down to fix it would be disastrous to the rest of the park and queues. We just have to be patient, and we need to quit assuming that "TDO doesn't know it's broken! We must continue to tell them!"

So what did the park do before EE existed? :veryconfu

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
So what did the park do before EE existed? :veryconfu

-Rob

Handled crowds even more poorly than it does now :lol:

This is just my opinion. I have no statistics or evidence. I just think it would be a terrible idea to shut down what is probably the most popular attraction in the park for an extended period of time, when most people who ride it don't even know they're being screwed out of a true Yeti experience.

I did get to see the Yeti in action the first few times I rode it, however I still enjoy it either way....very fun ride, and my main purpose to visit that park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Handled crowds even more poorly than it does now :lol:

This is just my opinion. I have no statistics or evidence. I just think it would be a terrible idea to shut down what is probably the most popular attraction in the park for an extended period of time, when most people who ride it don't even know they're being screwed out of a true Yeti experience.

But isn't that going back to the "what they don't know won't hurt them" philosophy?

Just because the guest isn't aware of it doesn't mean they SHOULD be screwed out of a great experience.

withasmile

My sister is in WDW this week and she rode everest a few hours ago. She said the yeti had a red light shining on him and it looked like he was falling but he wasn't looking down, she was able to see the yetis face. She said her ride got stuck right in front of the yeti.

Tigerace81

On the Yeti structure or the mountain itself?

Could they be perhapse keeping the Yeti down for now because of the possibility of strutural damage to the base of the mountain itself? probably a numb question.

The structure but I wouldnt question the wear and tear to the Yeti itself.

FullJr

If someone that lives in the US has not heard of the Yeti in EE then they have most likely didn't watch TV at all during 05-06 when that was the main thing associated with all Disney Advertisements.

Most people in the U.S. have indeed heard about the ride and the Yeti associated with it.

Camp

Won't matter either way...even without a screen, lately the Yeti was slumped over so far and they kept it so dark, the strobe so infrequent the Yeti might as well not be there. Not kidding. THAT BAD.

I had no idea the thing was broke. My daughter and I recently rode this twice and I almost completely missed the Yeti the first time through. Teh second time I knew when and where to look so at least I saw it.

I feel quite ripped off knowing the Yeti is supposed to be animated and it is a significant element to the ride. Without it it is a lame steel coaster only offering a nice view at the top.

This issue is worth pursuing vigorously since some park ele4ments are meticulously kept up. Three months would be bad, three years is absurd.

Mr. Morrow

Sure it is! It's a great coaster with special effects, switchbacks, and awesome theming.

My wife and I have never seen the Yeti move, and only ACTUALLY saw him one time on our Honeymoon a few years ago. Since then, he's either been in the dark or went unnoticed since he wasn't moving.

But it didn't ruin our experience. For 90% of the day guests - the ones who aren't here on the internet forums - are completely satisfied that they either saw the Yeti in his shadow format, or they finish the ride and think, "Oh man, I never found him. We gotta ride it again to find that elusive Yeti," as if it's a game to see if you can find him.

I disagree all of the amazing theming is done before the ride and Yeti. There is nothing to look at without the Yeti. It just isn't a very good coaster without its central figure IMO. The yeti in A mode makes the ride IMO, and without it I rank it below the other WDW coasters.

pax_65

The yeti in A mode makes the ride IMO, and without it I rank it below the other WDW coasters.

I agree. With the Yeti it is unique, exciting and ties the whole experience together (you're looking for the Yeti, you hear him, see his shadow, and then get UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with him!) Without the Yeti, it's incomplete and not even as engaging as Big Thunder Mountain.

The difference for me is repeat rides. I've ridden it with the Yeti in "A" mode and ridden it as it is now. I don't need to ride it again until the Yeti is repaired. So for me, it is the same as if the ride was closed - and affects my desire to visit Animal Kingdom in the same way. I am much less likely to spend time at AK until the Yeti is fixed.

GET HIM FIXED!

Tom

Beta Return
I agree. With the Yeti it is unique, exciting and ties the whole experience together (you're looking for the Yeti, you hear him, see his shadow, and then get UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with him!) Without the Yeti, it's incomplete and not even as engaging as Big Thunder Mountain.

The difference for me is repeat rides. I've ridden it with the Yeti in "A" mode and ridden it as it is now. I don't need to ride it again until the Yeti is repaired. So for me, it is the same as if the ride was closed - and affects my desire to visit Animal Kingdom in the same way. I am much less likely to spend time at AK until the Yeti is fixed.

GET HIM FIXED!

I guess my opinion of "the missing Yeti doesn't ruin the ride" may come from the fact that, now that I think about it, I've ever personally ridden the ride when he was in A-Mode. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom