Progress at Everest!

Birdflu

It's a good thing EE is a fun ride without the Yeti or I wouldn't ride it. Does anyone agree that Disney needs more rides in WDW like EE? I mean like one or two. And then more dark rides, but less meet'n'greets.:lookaroun

I'll be around for doing a meet n greet outside EE with my giant yeti rib tattoo in 3 weeks.. They can pay me in dream fast passes and a life-sized earring of joe rohde if they are interested in my services.

disneysroyal411

I'll be around for doing a meet n greet outside EE with my giant yeti rib tattoo in 3 weeks.. They can pay me in dream fast passes and a life-sized earring of joe rohde if they are interested in my services.

Does your tattoo have the magical powers of collecting money to send to TDO to help build us something new in the FF expansion or fix Futureworld or whatever somehow?

Imagineer Mitch

i just got back from disney and during the first of the trip we were down there there was a screen over the yeti and than a couple of days later they had the yeti uncovered and with light but still no movement :brick:

wolf359

Makes me think the screen was up so they could remove the fur to get a better look at the actual mechanicals without someone snapping a pic of a broken, naked robo-yeti.

SeanC

I don't think its even fair to call the current (non-tarp) version B-mode. Back when A mode worked most of the time, B mode was still pretty impressive. It was bright, a fan was blowing the fur, the strobe was frequent. The Yeti stood tall and proud. The last time I saw itthe Yeti was slumped over. Now it seems he is upright again but reports are of a dark room with slight strobe effect. It's a B minus or C mode.

drtbmx

Since wikipedia can be updated by anyone......I did just that, and added a few notes about how the yeti doesn't/ hasn't worked correctly for years. I added my comments where it describes the yeti in the "Ride" description, as well as "Yeti technical details"
Its been up for a few days without being edited out so hopefully it stays....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedition_Everest

Just so any unsuspecting guest really looking forward to this ride knows what to expect if they stumble across the wikipedia article.

mp2bill

It's a good thing EE is a fun ride without the Yeti or I wouldn't ride it. Does anyone agree that Disney needs more rides in WDW like EE? I mean like one or two. And then more dark rides, but less meet'n'greets.:lookaroun

They could always get rid of that dreadful Camp Minnie Mickey and finish the Beastly Kingdom (or Kingdomme). I mean, they already have the plans. Yeah, they're already spending tons of money on the FLE, but they could pull off doing the BK too.

disneysroyal411

They could always get rid of that dreadful Camp Minnie Mickey and finish the Beastly Kingdom (or Kingdomme). I mean, they already have the plans. Yeah, they're already spending tons of money on the FLE, but they could pull off doing the BK too.

They won't, it would look to similar to IoA. At least some of it.

WDITrent

Since wikipedia can be updated by anyone......I did just that, and added a few notes about how the yeti doesn't/ hasn't worked correctly for years. I added my comments where it describes the yeti in the "Ride" description, as well as "Yeti technical details"

Just so any unsuspecting guest really looking forward to this ride knows what to expect if they stumble across the wikipedia article.
Good job. And I fixed "que" to be "queue." :)

mp2bill

Still there! I love Wikipedia!

They won't, it would look to similar to IoA. At least some of it.

So? I have confidence that they can do it better than Universal. Plus, I think if they made BK more Disney movie themed, that'd be a huge difference. They could change the Dragon Tower to a Maleficent ride (which would be great because they'd finally have a villains ride), or even a Jabberwocky from AiW or the Susan Surandon dragon from Enchanted (I'm sure little girls would love that). Point is...they could still do BK if they made it uniquely Disney, which I believe they could.

TalkingHead

Cool. You corrected the information with a run-on sentence. Makes the information sound legitimate.

bferrara16

I just thought of something - couldn't they spin fixing the Yeti into a positive, limited-time event? They could market it with something like "The Yeti's Loose!" and make it a big deal. Maybe they could have like a walkaround Yeti character (get the Chewbacca guy from SWW) running around the park or make it into some sort of adventure or game a la KimPossible (have you seen the Yeti?!?). They could fit him in somewhere on Kali River to add some new excitement to that ride. If they really wanted to get him out of the mountain and fix it, they could completely acknowledge his absence and make it fun. Just sayin'.

Next Big Thing

This has probably already been said, but I ran the Expedition Everest Challenge on Saturday and during the after party we got to do Everest with literally no lines. When I say no lines there was none. We walked straight on all 4 times we did it and got into the front 3 row every time and I was able to ride the front for the first time ever. Anyway, personal experience aside, the Yeti WAS NOT covered up and was in B mode. Hopefully they are still working on this b/c this is something that needs to be fixed.

rpk4444

I'll be down the end of August and I hope that something is new with the Yeti. It's sad to see this one time great figure limited.

allgar

I just thought of something - couldn't they spin fixing the Yeti into a positive, limited-time event? They could market it with something like "The Yeti's Loose!" and make it a big deal. Maybe they could have like a walkaround Yeti character (get the Chewbacca guy from SWW) running around the park or make it into some sort of adventure or game a la KimPossible (have you seen the Yeti?!?). They could fit him in somewhere on Kali River to add some new excitement to that ride. If they really wanted to get him out of the mountain and fix it, they could completely acknowledge his absence and make it fun. Just sayin'.

You know, I really think you've got something there. That really is a fantastic idea. As someone who just came back from the Kingdom and got to ride with both the Yeti gone and in B mode I can say the ride does lack something when he isn't there at all. That said, if he were "On the loose" and perhaps they got clever and found ways to incorporate him around the park, that would be very cool and make up for him not being on the ride.

Great idea!

MKCP 1985

I just thought of something - couldn't they spin fixing the Yeti into a positive, limited-time event? They could market it with something like "The Yeti's Loose!" and make it a big deal. Maybe they could have like a walkaround Yeti character (get the Chewbacca guy from SWW) running around the park or make it into some sort of adventure or game a la KimPossible (have you seen the Yeti?!?).

At an event for pin traders two or three years ago, Disney had this guy on hand (photos courtesy of ZapperZ):

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

I've always thought it was a shame they never brought him back for things like the Everest Challenge or other special events.

He wasn't the only Yeti on hand for the event, and maybe we should be careful what we ask for because Disney COULD decide to bring THIS guy back (again, ZapperZ :) ):

IMG_1250.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom