Progress at Everest!

csm

The tarp explains why I couldn't even see his eyes. I rode on 6/6 and told the first time riders I was with they wouldn't actually see him, but look for his eyes glowing. I found myself going down the drop with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness.

Interesting that it confused you going down the drop when it's actually the very last scene of the ride before the final brakes? :shrug:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The tarp explains why I couldn't even see his eyes. I rode on 6/6 and told the first time riders I was with they wouldn't actually see him, but look for his eyes glowing. I found myself going down the drop with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness.
Not sure this makes sense.

Lee

Adventurer
Sure it does. He didn't know about the tarp. He and his friends (first timers) were looking for the Yeti's eyes....but then there was nothing, and he was confused (until he read this thread).
The confusing part is where he says "I found myself going down the drop with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness."
It is impossible to go down the drop after staring into pich black-ness, seeing as how the drop happens well before the yeti scene.
Get it?

Tom

Beta Return
The confusing part is where he says "I found myself going down the drop with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness."
It is impossible to go down the drop after staring into pich black-ness, seeing as how the drop happens well before the yeti scene.
Get it?

Ha! Ok. Yeah.

Alright, so he has the sequence of the ride out of order, but I still get what he was saying. :)

joel_maxwell

Get it?
What Lee said.

Ha! Ok. Yeah.

Alright, so he has the sequence of the ride out of order, but I still get what he was saying. :)
Not trying to be nit picky, but to me it really doesn't. If the OP said, "we pulled into the unload station and with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness.

But it isnt worth debating. Im sure the OP stated it incorrectly. :wave:

RSoxNo1

No Yeti on EE equals Big Thunder Railroad thru the Asian mountain side instead of the old west! :rolleyes:

I had this discussion last night. For theming, I think Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is better themed than Expedition Everest. That doesn't make it a better ride, it just means the theming is more complete.

aklodge

I find it very hard to believe that they got him out of the mountain without anyone noticing or leaking it. Perhaps they have disassembled pieces of him, but moving him completely out of the mountain would be a monstrosity of a project.

Lee

Adventurer
Just because he is no longer located inside the show space, doesn't mean he has actually "left the mountain".
There is some work space inside the structure.

RSoxNo1

Does anyone know or have a good expected/estimated date of when the refurbishment is going to be done?

I think because it is not clear what is exactly wrong, and what is exactly being done, we don't know how long this will take.

Suffice it to say, they can take as long as they want if they get it right.

disneysroyal411

I think because it is not clear what is exactly wrong, and what is exactly being done, we don't know how long this will take.

Suffice it to say, they can take as long as they want if they get it right.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and the only reason that I asked is because I wanted to know how to be excited for my trip. I wanted to know if I should be giddy to ride and know their fixing it or be excited to ride because they've fixed it. I don't think it will be done by July 3-10 though.

joel_maxwell

Just because he is no longer located inside the show space, doesn't mean he has actually "left the mountain".
After seeing some areas in other attractions of void space, I would bet they would have a service area or some sort of work area. It would have been a major mistake not to have some sort of maintenance bay behind him.

SeaCastle

Does anyone know the extent to which the Yeti is being worked on? For example, is it a half-attempt or a full-refurb we've all been waiting for?

disneysroyal411

On Twitter- Exprcoofto and ClubD23 said- "Hollywood Studios" came up on the caller ID. They wanted to reassure my Expedition Everest letter was read and taken note of. :) They said they've been looking at different approaches to work on him and they'll be working on him throughout the next 4-5 months."

JungleTrekFan

That is interesting.

Also I rode Everest today and it was pitch black in the yeti scene, which actually looks a lot better than seeing statue yeti, because you still hear the roar of the yeti and the rest is left to the imagination.

That or im just excited about what ever the outcome of what the yeti refurb is

aklodge

Interesting... is this work space located directly behind the show space? I would think that if he or the structure he is resting on is as badly damaged as they say it is, it would be sort of difficult to move him anywhere without a struggle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom