Progress at Everest!

IWant2GoNow

FWIW, I rode E:E today. One waterfall working, train steam was working, bird on a stick was working, no mountain mist, and the last scene was pitch black. Very disappointing for .y first timers that were with me but as long ad it is being fixed I will be a happy camper.

Let's hope he's being fixed! Thanks for the update.

FWIW, I rode E:E today. One waterfall working, train steam was working, bird on a stick was working, no mountain mist, and the last scene was pitch black. Very disappointing for .y first timers that were with me but as long ad it is being fixed I will be a happy camper.

Tigerace81

My estimate would be this summer (June, July, possibly early August) at best. Worst case scenario would be from now into the fall or later.

Jerm

Ok got back from a great trip and as with everyone has backed up the last scene is pitch black (as you can see from the pic below that I really upped the brightness on because it was not a flash photo!!!!) The bird is working, the first waterfall is working fine as was the steam on the train, which I found works great almost every day....early in the day but when it warms up you can't tell anymore.

4686580610_c9de8d5f52_b.jpg

JustInTime

Ok got back from a great trip and as with everyone has backed up the last scene is pitch black (as you can see from the pic below that I really upped the brightness on because it was not a flash photo!!!!) The bird is working, the first waterfall is working fine as was the steam on the train, which I found works great almost every day....early in the day but when it warms up you can't tell anymore.

wooow.

emaginear

I would guess less than 85% of EE riders do not even notice the ride and its various items are not working correctly. Only those of us who keep up to date with the daily on goings of these threads really are this "into" the know. Or the few who are lucky enough to go daily to the park and report these findings to us, at which I ask, "what will you all complain about when they do fix it?"

As long as the ride is fast and fun, people will ride and ride and ride and be happy to be clueless on the details of the ride.

MKCP 1985

I would guess less than 85% of EE riders do not even notice the ride and its various items are not working correctly. Only those of us who keep up to date with the daily on goings of these threads really are this "into" the know. Or the few who are lucky enough to go daily to the park and report these findings to us, at which I ask, "what will you all complain about when they do fix it?"

As long as the ride is fast and fun, people will ride and ride and ride and be happy to be clueless on the details of the ride.

Are you talking about the little effects like steam and waterfalls, or the absence of the Yeti?

Because I agree with you as to the small effects, but I would expect more than 50% of the people who go on the ride are looking for the Yeti to appear somewhere along the way in more than a shadow appearance tearing up track.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
That photo makes it appear Lost's smoke monster is coming to get you in the mountain's darkness. :lol:
LOL. *makes sound affect of smoke monster coming*

Are you talking about the little effects like steam and waterfalls, or the absence of the Yeti?

Because I agree with you as to the small effects, but I would expect more than 50% of the people who go on the ride are looking for the Yeti to appear somewhere along the way in more than a shadow appearance tearing up track.
I would say it might be more than that Doug. Remember, stations like The Travel Channel have run the same show on WDW for the last 3 years. I saw it this week actually. When they talk about AK, they talk about E:E and the Yeti. If you have seen it, you know they show that infamous shot of the yeti being tested behind the plastic tarp trying to be all secret and stuff.

If you watch that, you go to see the Yeti IMHO and leave asking ? :D

emaginear

Both....The YETI has been visible and has had limited movement the last 3 or so years. What I am saying is not too many people outside the Hardcore Disney park enthusiast, will even notice the difference between A, B or C modes of the Yeti. Only recently has the YETI been covered in a tarp screen, which is VERY encouraging.

djkidkaz

So from that, it almost looks like the arm has been removed, because normally the arm would still be hanging over the track. :shrug::confused::veryconfu

Madhatter06

The tarp explains why I couldn't even see his eyes. I rode on 6/6 and told the first time riders I was with they wouldn't actually see him, but look for his eyes glowing. I found myself going down the drop with :veryconfu on my face after starring into pitch black-ness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom