Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

If the temp m&g goes into the SW building then I think a dragon walk through attraction is a real possibility. It would be a perfect add with the defining of the castle walls and courtyard. It would also answer the "FLE is too girly" problem. Basically a clone of the one in Paris seems possible to me.

I'm convinced PH is happening. What I think may be up in the air is Dumbo (no pun intended :lol:). What I think they may be considering is a rather elaborate Alice-land (with a roller coaster that would appeal more to boys) and a more logical and easier to Imagineer transition to PH. My hope is that these two mini-lands would be planned so that at least one dark ride could be added later. Both PH and Alice mini-lands could be done relatively inexpensively and would be coherent, popular, and effective crowd eaters.

At least that is what I would do if I were them.
It still is funny to see you still believe PH is happening in the expansion when its been confirmed by multiple insider sources that it has been scrapped from the plans.

etgalyon

No, they are replacing a lucrative restaurant where people pay top dollar to see the princesses with a M&G where they can do it for free.

Didn't you propose a SW work over? Perhaps that was in jest.

FLE is still a relatively clean slate. If princess dinners matter, it’s not too late to change FLE development plans for a princess dining experience with whatever capacity and flow they desire. From a bean counting perspective, it sure seems there is more to be gained by creating a new princess dining experience to meet your precise needs than salvaging an area that has already reached its' limitations (Bean counter: wait, you mean we could build a restaurant that seats TWICE as many people at $50/head and still have it sold out three months in advance!?!). So yes, closing a lucrative restaurant for the short term to make temporary room for the princesses, followed by a better designed replacement in FLE in the not too distant future, combined with the savings of redeveloping an area already suitable for foot traffic and plenty of M&G capacity seems to make at least, if not more, sense as spending the extra money to redevelop a ride area or ride queue. Bonus: you let the fab-5 take their rightful place as residents in the architectural center piece of the Magic Kingdom (as Cinderella’s honored guests, of course).

Nah… there’s no merit to the idea. Never mind.

njDizFan

Raven, I think I have a love/hate relationship going on with you right now.:ROFLOL:

Can you narrow down between Epcot and DAK?

njDizFan

I know my head is getting a little dizzy from these last few days of posts. FLE(phase 1) being re-thought, phase 2 being axed or not? Pixie hollow is either gone, downsized, or gone all together. Frontierland may be expanded. M&Gs temporary location is going to disrupt/end present attraction. DAK and Epcot getting possible additions.

I guess the questions should be WHEN and WHAT not where. Eventually everything is going to get an upgrade or new attraction.

SeaCastle

Well at EPCOT, you've got the big project that some insiders keep hinting at. Apparently it's new (in the sense the project isn't a refurbishment), and if I remember correctly, will be built near the entrance plaza where the dog kennel is now. You also have the refurbishments of Universe of Energy and Journey into Imagination upcoming, with continued Future World beautification and Mission: Space plussing. In World Showcase, you may see attractions in Japan and/or Germany, plus Reflections of Earth enhancements. Re-purposing Millennium Village has also been discussed.

Over at the Animal Kingdom, a decision is supposed to be made in the near future (if it hasn't already) as to what's replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey, whether it be the Mysterious Island-hybrid or something else.

From what I've gathered from posts online, none of these have hit the green-light yet, and are several years away (though some are closer than others).

raven

I know my head is getting a little dizzy from these last few days of posts. FLE(phase 1) being re-thought, phase 2 being axed or not? Pixie hollow is either gone, downsized, or gone all together. Frontierland may be expanded. M&Gs temporary location is going to disrupt/end present attraction. DAK and Epcot getting possible additions.

I guess the questions should be WHEN and WHAT not where. Eventually everything is going to get an upgrade or new attraction.

WHEN is not as easy to asnwer as WHAT. Things can be in planning for years before they actually put it into reality. So I cannot correctly answer that question because I do not know myself. WHAT is another thing though. Nothing is set in stone right now and concepts are being thrown around for different things, But concepts and ideas come and go nearly every day so even mentioning one of those things would start faulse hope in some people because they may never come to fruit. That being said I can only answer that I've actually seen a few of these concepts and ideas but, as for right now, they are just that. But at least they ARE looking into it!

raven

You also have the refurbishments of Universe of Energy and Journey into Imagination upcoming, with continued Future World beautification and Mission: Space plussing. In World Showcase, you may see attractions in Japan and/or Germany, plus Reflections of Earth enhancements. Re-purposing Millennium Village has also been discussed..

A little known fact is that UOE has a sink hole under part of the building. The tennel to the work area under the floor has been jacked up in the past several years to keep part of it from sinking.

Japan's show building for the "future ride" is being used as troage for many mantenence items and I think they would fight to give that space up. Said for Germany's show building. I looked at that area yeasterday and it's amazing to see how the building was configured for the queue area and boarding station. But a pre kitchen, lounge area and mantenence has filled every inch of that space as well.

MV/World Showplace building is making so much money for the company right now as a convention center/event building that I doubt they are going to change it. They currently have events in there at least 3 times a week.

Tigerace81

How about if the Meet and Greets replace it's a small world? Remember the odd rumor about the front part of iasw being lopped off to expand the walkway. I also remember a while back something about the roof being in bad condition. I think someone else said something about moving iasw today.:)

Never heard anything about this but look at overhead imagery. Theres plenty of land to move IASW further back to expand the walkway. And possibly add more rides or other attractions.

Got this idea from http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/02/fantasyland-expansion-part-3.html

Its definitely possible. Plus IASW would be brand new or near new.

Wishful thinking lol.

Tom

Beta Return
Never heard anything about this but look at overhead imagery. Theres plenty of land to move IASW further back to expand the walkway. And possibly add more rides or other attractions.

Got this idea from http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2010/02/fantasyland-expansion-part-3.html

Its definitely possible. Plus IASW would be brand new or near new.

Wishful thinking lol.

I'm not sure that's even "wishful" thinking. I personally would never wish for them to spend that kind of money to relocate an entire attraction like IASW. Dumbo is one thing - you take it apart and drop it in its new home.

IASW is an entire building with water troughs, scenery, etc. It would cost millions just to move it back 300'.

That idea is just plain nuts.

DisneyParksFan1

I'm thinking that the Princesses will be moved to the Sorcerer's Hat until the FLE Phase 1 M&G's are done. Once that happens, they will be moved to their respective M&G areas, and then they will demolish the Hat.

BrerFrog

I'm thinking that the Princesses will be moved to the Sorcerer's Hat until the FLE Phase 1 M&G's are done. Once that happens, they will be moved to their respective M&G areas, and then they will demolish the Hat.

The hat won't be demolished, it will be moved to the new Animation resort. :p:ROFLOL:

Hey, at least it makes sense there!

Captain Chaos

WHEN is not as easy to asnwer as WHAT. Things can be in planning for years before they actually put it into reality. So I cannot correctly answer that question because I do not know myself. WHAT is another thing though. Nothing is set in stone right now and concepts are being thrown around for different things, But concepts and ideas come and go nearly every day so even mentioning one of those things would start faulse hope in some people because they may never come to fruit. That being said I can only answer that I've actually seen a few of these concepts and ideas but, as for right now, they are just that. But at least they ARE looking into it!

I know you can't say WHAT they are, but, can you say this: are what you saw AWESOME??? Or would they be a major disappointment??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom