Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

lebeau

My assertion is that Disney hasn't changed the way it marketed and that meeting the characters has always been a cornerstone of Disney marketing.

You are correct regarding the limits of what we can assertain without a complete respository of information.

However, I think it is easy enough to refute the claim that all marketing falls into the category that Krack believes it does.

The simplest one would be the Boom de yadda campaign from this year.

Thinking of the WDW commericials I've seen this year:

1. Muppets building houses
2. Something or other to do with toy Story Mania.

Not a Mom guilt trip in sight.

:eek:

jakeman

Boom de Yadda?

I'm not familiar with that..... is it like the Discovery Channel's own "boom de yadda" commercials?
Very similar.

I would imagine they ran concurrent with that campaign.

However, upon closer inspection of the comment section, it appears that may be a fan based commercial.

My revisionist memory swears I saw that on TV though. :p

In it's place I would submit, the Model Day a Disney videos, which while not actual commercials, promote the park in a different way.

Dragonrider1227

That's not it! It's the mind controlling substances they coat pressed pennies with as they make their way through the machines!
You're all wrong. Everyone knows it's those devices you put your fingers on :lol:
Meet and Greets from what I can notice has become more and more of an essential for WDW goers, but it was in demand by guests more than Disney telling them to. Basically, from what I an see, the guests told Disney they wanted more character meet and greets and Disney met the demand. Disney didn't tell them

raven

Remember the original prophecy, I mean rumor:

The M&Gs would temporarily replace something that would be controversial. Whatever was replaced would be controversial enough to make waves beyond these forums.

I don't think you could call it a "rumor" when the actual plans exist.

I think raven might be playing a little fast and loose with the term controversial.

True, people might welcome the change but none the less it will still be missed by many.

I don't know where all the candy talk before fits in - they make tons of money on the Main St. candy store so I doubt they'd do it there, and it would be kind of goofy to cram the M&G into the Frontierland candy store.

This is the classic example of someone miss-reading a post and making it into a rumor that starts waves (not you). The term "candy store" actually came from my post when I was asked why I wouldn't just come out and tell everything I know. I said:

Hey, I'm being as discript as I can without giving away the candy store. :lol:

Someone then changed that into a rumor. Sorry, no candy.

NewfieFan

Wow, this thread is going places I never thought it would.

I didn't realize Disney was subliminally suggesting I'm a bad mom unless I take my kids to Disney to see characters!?! (I guess the commercials must be working... or I've bought too many pressed pennies... it's one or the other!)

And apparently I'm the spender in my family... even though my husband is the spender in our family and the one who suggests we go to Disney every year... to see characters nontheless (maybe the commercials are not just affecting soccer moms)!

Where were we... oh yeah, the new FL and where are the M&Gs going...

Krack

This is the classic example of someone miss-reading a post and making it into a rumor that starts waves (not you). The term "candy store" actually came from my post when I was asked why I wouldn't just come out and tell everything I know. I said:

Someone then changed that into a rumor. Sorry, no candy.

You're ruining my fun. I was desperately trying to get us to the point where Jim Hill was denying the Princesses were taking over the Yankee Trader.

My best honest guess is that the Meet & Greets (temporarily) replace the Snow White attraction. The Barnstormer gets the "Seven Dwarves Mine" overlay. The Meet & Greets get moved to their permanent spot and a store (likely selling Princess dresses) goes in the old Snow White attraction area.

... or they are putting them all in the Main Street Confectionery.

thewhitequeen

They really need to do something for boys and regardless of what Disney thinks not all girls want to be a princess. As boys would like to be a Jack Sparrow, I'm sure some little girls would love to meet Elizabeth Swan.

lebeau

I don't think you could call it a "rumor" when the actual plans exist.

By "rumor", I don't mean I don't believe you. Just that anything being discussed in vague terms on a message board without verification is (to my mind anyway) rumor until proven otherwise.

But I do believe the hints you're dropping are based in fact. Care to drop any more? ;)

Daannzzz

How about if the Meet and Greets replace it's a small world? Remember the odd rumor about the front part of iasw being lopped off to expand the walkway. I also remember a while back something about the roof being in bad condition. I think someone else said something about moving iasw today.:)

jt04

How about if the Meet and Greets replace it's a small world? Remember the odd rumor about the front part of iasw being lopped off to expand the walkway. I also remember a while back something about the roof being in bad condition. I think someone else said something about moving iasw today.:)

This would be awesome. It would solve the severe bottleneck and allow them to open up a ton of real estate that the walmart sized building currently blocks off. It should never have been built in that location in the first place. So much good could come from it's removal and a possible relocation of the attraction.

NewfieFan

This would be awesome. It would solve the severe bottleneck and allow them to open up a ton of real estate that the walmart sized building currently blocks off. It should never have been built in that location in the first place. So much good could come from it's removal and a possible relocation of the attraction.

This strange IASW rumor fits the puzzle...

~ It's in Fantasyland (assuming the M&Gs stay in FL temporarily)
~ Would be very controversial (amoung the internet and the general public... everyone knows about IASW)
~ And it's going down for a refurb

Nah, they wouldn't close IASW temporarily would they!?! That'd be crazy... crazy I tell ya!

jt04

~ It's in Fantasyland (assuming the M&Gs stay in FL)
~ Would be very controversial (amoung the internet and the general public... everyone knows about IASW)

Nah, they wouldn't close IASW temporarily would they!?! That'd be crazy... crazy I tell ya!

The crazy part is according to the rumor after the m&g's go to the permanent locations the temporary location will be "repurposed". Perhaps it is a mold problem and the building is beyond repair. Hope so. :lol:

SeaCastle

~ It's in Fantasyland (assuming the M&Gs stay in FL temporarily)

The crazy part is according to the rumor after the m&g's go to the permanent locations the temporary location will be "repurposed". Perhaps it is a mold problem and the building is beyond repair. Hope so. :lol:

The "mold problem" is pure wishful thinking and doesn't have any basis in truth, so far as I know.

Plus, the temporary meet and greet plans are still not approved at this point, whereas the small world refurb has been known about for quite some time and is for the purpose of increasing load/unload efficiency. My bets for the temporary meet n' greet location would be on Snow White's Scary Adventures.

This might be true to the rumor, but I really think that its the Snow White attraction like the poster above suggested.

NewfieFan

The "mold problem" is pure wishful thinking and doesn't have any basis in truth, so far as I know.

Plus, the temporary meet and greet plans are still not approved at this point, whereas the small world refurb has been known about for quite some time and is for the purpose of increasing load/unload efficiency. My bets for the temporary meet n' greet location would be on Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Now that I'm ok with!

What!?! :lookaroun I like IASW! :cool:

aladdin2007

Problem is you know the track record with things like this, if they close snow white and use it for meet n greet for awhile, after that it will probably be who knows how many decades before they ever use it again, and become meeting/storage space instead and just sit there shuddered. hey it could happen, it would be low but with tdo entirely possible. :brick:

huntzilla

To add more fuel to the M&G's going in IASW, he said that it would be controversial and afterwards it would be repurposed. Well one of the most controversial things was the adding of characters in DL's IASW. Perhaps they bring it down as a refurb and put characters in, while this is happening they and temporary M&G's there. Having the M&G's in IASW would also serve as an introduction as characters in the ride. It would be akin to "You met the characters here, now go meet them in the ride now!" Just a theory I had.

wickedfan07

Is Snow White getting a new facade as part of the FLE? Perhaps a greeting location could operate in that area while the facade and attraction are under refurbishment. This could be controversial because it would appear an attraction was closed for a meeting location. When the attraction reopens, the entrance (and maybe the attraction itself) would be changed, thus not being exactly as it was when it closed.

Same idea would work for It's a Small World, I suppose. If they put the greeting location in the queue while they add characters to the attraction.

In this case, the attraction gets worked on and eventually reopens. It might not be as controversial as everyone thinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom