Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

jt04

To add more fuel to the M&G's going in IASW, he said that it would be controversial and afterwards it would be repurposed. Well one of the most controversial things was the adding of characters in DL's IASW. Perhaps they bring it down as a refurb and put characters in, while this is happening they and temporary M&G's there. Having the M&G's in IASW would also serve as an introduction as characters in the ride. It would be akin to "You met the characters here, now go meet them in the ride now!" Just a theory I had.

You have convinced me. Rather brilliant deduction I must say. Well played.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What would be more controversial than having all the Meet and Greets happen in Tomorrowland instead of Fantasyland?

Perhaps we shall finally see the end of SGE?

Captain Chaos

Do you all think it is possible they are thinking about putting a villains element into the FLE??? That would attract the boys for sure. There is probably not enough room, but with PH cut and the Dumbo placement up int he air, maybe a villains lair is being thought of??

I know, wishful thinking!!!

aladdin2007

Do you all think it is possible they are thinking about putting a villains element into the FLE??? That would attract the boys for sure. There is probably not enough room, but with PH cut and the Dumbo placement up int he air, maybe a villains lair is being thought of??

It would be kinda neat, havent thought of that route!

lebeau

I think there is no chance of this.

The villains got kicked out of their character meal. They aren't going to get a permanent presence in MK.

Captain Chaos

I think there is no chance of this.

The villains got kicked out of their character meal. They aren't going to get a permanent presence in MK.

That was then.. This is now.. They have already admitted FLE leans girlie... How to counter that??? A Villains Lair...

But like I said, wishful thinking.

lebeau

That was then.. This is now.. They have already admitted FLE leans girlie... How to counter that??? A Villains Lair...

But like I said, wishful thinking.

I'm still going with no way. The last thing Disney wants is more complaints from the parents of frightened kids.

Also, they have admitted no such thing about FLE. That is, at best, a rumor.

AEfx

I guess that person was me.

My point is that it isn't in a reasonable line of site. I never claimed you had to do acrobatics, you have to look up and back over your shoulder. That's all, however, I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect that a vast majority of guest aren't going to be looking at ceiling tiles behind them when the whole ride is in front of them.

Why wouldn't you complain to guest services? If it makes you sad and left an impression enough that you made the effort to post about it later on the internet, I would think it had a significant impact on your trip to mention it to the offending company.

I guess we are talking about different missing tiles, because I was there the week the ride reopened and all you had to do was glance up - not back. It was right when you entered the first room. Glance up. At the time, there was a light up there making it very obvious.

I didn't complain because it didn't ruin my experience, but it is something that I thought was kind of sloppy and "This ride has been closed a year - really?"

WDWFigment

I guess we are talking about different missing tiles, because I was there the week the ride reopened and all you had to do was glance up - not back. It was right when you entered the first room. Glance up. At the time, there was a light up there making it very obvious.

I didn't complain because it didn't ruin my experience, but it is something that I thought was kind of sloppy and "This ride has been closed a year - really?"

About what ride are you all talking?

71jason

Do you all think it is possible they are thinking about putting a villains element into the FLE???

Capt. Hook, maybe, tho he already has a spot in Adventureland. And I guess Gaston, who will probably hang by his new tavern. But the other Fantasyland villians--Maleficient, Ursula, the Witch Queen, Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters--are hardly going to have the boys lined up.

Well, the stepsisters might have us older boys lined up, but you know what I mean...

aladdin2007

Capt. Hook, maybe, tho he already has a spot in Adventureland. And I guess Gaston, who will probably hang by his new tavern. But the other Fantasyland villians--Maleficient, Ursula, the Witch Queen, Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters--are hardly going to have the boys lined up.

Well, the stepsisters might have us older boys lined up, but you know what I mean...

:ROFLOL:I never thought of them as exactly a catch but thats so funny. :lol:

Krack

In late 90s, I watched Cruella de Ville (wandering by the carousel in Fantasyland), keep a group of 20-40 year old men in hysterics as she roasted the crowd like Don Rickles while she signed autographs.

jt04

If the temp m&g goes into the SW building then I think a dragon walk through attraction is a real possibility. It would be a perfect add with the defining of the castle walls and courtyard. It would also answer the "FLE is too girly" problem. Basically a clone of the one in Paris seems possible to me.

I'm convinced PH is happening. What I think may be up in the air is Dumbo (no pun intended :lol:). What I think they may be considering is a rather elaborate Alice-land (with a roller coaster that would appeal more to boys) and a more logical and easier to Imagineer transition to PH. My hope is that these two mini-lands would be planned so that at least one dark ride could be added later. Both PH and Alice mini-lands could be done relatively inexpensively and would be coherent, popular, and effective crowd eaters.

At least that is what I would do if I were them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom