Princesses may not rule fantasy land after all! Frontierland expansion rumor reality?

mickey2008.1

thanks for the insight as im not an insider. Just a casual poster and big fan of wdw. I spend the money to escape from reality, but want to know everything!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Very interesting article from jim hill media! it talks about revising fantasy land! And pay attention to the name guy Jay Rasulo who is no longer in charge of park operations and for good reason! He is the one responsible for all this! Good thing Tom staggs is the new guy in charge, he states that the princess theme is to heavy for even his taste and they need a broader appeal for all age groups!!

Heres the link!http://jimhillmedia.com/Editor_In_C...ans-for-fantasyland-forest-being-revised.aspx

I like the "phase 2" plan idea. Yes, either make Fantasyland good for boys and girls, or turn Adventureland into a Boy's Zone!

Is the Double-Dumbo still a go?

I would like to see a bunch of new dark rides! A dark ride called "Beauty and the Beast" would be awesome! Then you could have a dark ride based on Pocahontas! Finally, I was thinking, since disney owns marvel, they could most likely add a new Marvel Super Hero Land to Magic Kingdom! :D

Captain Chaos

No problem..

Actually, I hope Raven was just kidding around.. While I don't believe there to be a sinkhole, maybe this was his way of saying they are planning on demolishing Universe of Energy.... :eek:

Thread is already off track, why bring it back now?? :lol:

Captain Chaos

WondersOfLife:

i never thought about Pocahontas... She fits in perfectly with Fantasyland Forest.. After all, the movie did take place in a forest...

juan

No problem..

Actually, I hope Raven was just kidding around.. While I don't believe there to be a sinkhole, maybe this was his way of saying they are planning on demolishing Universe of Energy.... :eek:

Thread is already off track, why bring it back now?? :lol:

well staying off track...

UoE is one of the FW attraction I wouldn't be upset to see leave Epcot. Why not add the show scenes to the WDW Railroad at MK like it is at DL? All they would have to do is a build a small show building (around Tomorrowland where there is a gaping hole in the berm) and move the set pieces from the UoE.
This now gives Epcot a HUGE plot for development (WoL & UoE).

BrerFrog

Sooner or later sinkholes will eat the entirety of FW. :lol:

UoE is one of the FW attraction I wouldn't be upset to see leave Epcot. Why not add the show scenes to the WDW Railroad at MK like it is at DL? All they would have to do is a build a small show building (around Tomorrowland where there is a gaping hole in the berm) and move the set pieces from the UoE.

The problem is UoE is one of the few remaining pieces of what made EPCOT Center so fantastic, one of the last standing stones that actually gives fans hope that the park will return to its former glory. An overhaul is certainly needed; demolishion, not so much.

juan

Sooner or later sinkholes will eat the entirety of FW. :lol:

The problem is UoE is one of the few remaining pieces of what made EPCOT Center so fantastic, one of the last standing stones that actually gives fans hope that the park will return to its former glory. An overhaul is certainly needed; demolishion, not so much.

i would disagree, UoE is nothing more than an expansion of part 2 of the Grand Canyon diorama at DL -- not very Epcot.
Epcot CENTER died with the destruction of JII, Horizons, WoM. Epcot can return to its glory with the completion of SSE and the well needed JII v4.

_Scar

UoE is just retro- Bill Nye? Really?

But I don't thin the should close it until WoL or Imagination get something to balance the closure.

Plus.. energy... DHARMA.... I'm all over that. Make it happen TDO.

jt04

Good post, better avatar! :lol:

_Scar

Oh yes, let's build a brand new attraction about one minor part of a TV show that's already over

Bill Nye?

Ellen?

Jeopardy?

All part of minor TV shows. :animwink:

And Lost may be a television show, but it's a phenomenon. It will live on for generations.

If you can't see that then look again :)

BTW, energy was one of the main themes of LOST. Not a minor theme.

RSoxNo1

Is there any date as to when this may all be announced? Unless it's still not even greenlit yet.

It looks (nothing confirmed yet) that management has decided FLE is a bit too girlie. There are rumors that phase 2 (pixie hollow, dumbo, and anything that is not being constructed right now) may change quite a bit before opening. Frontierland has also gathered some rumors that there might be some development to contrast the FLE.

Lots of rumors and speculation, so enjoy the reading! :wave:

Juan is right. There is some politicking going on right now regarding the Fantasyland Expansion and things that were announced at the D23 are not necessarily guaranteed to be happening.

Also, with regards to UOE, I think the video portions are good, but they are too disconnected from the ride scenes. It was a poor attempt to integrate the Dinosaur sets. I like the Railroad Diorama idea, but I like the AA's better in DINOSAUR over at AK.

raven

Actually it was shown to me my first week on the job by one of my coordinators who worked in that building for 12 years. It does exsist but the building, in it's current state, is stable.

Captain Chaos

Where`s the joke?

Well, due to the internet urban legend that Horizons was knocked down due to a sinkhole, I guess raven's comments about a sinkhole under UoE played off that... Hence, it is a joke.. but now, after raven came back saying it isn't a joke, I wonder if UoE is slated for demolition... :eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right. No, it`s true. It has been known about since construction. It is stable and pumped. It would have no bearing on whether the Energy show building was removed or not.

The 2 others I know about in the park are in the east lake (next to Odyssey) and Showcase Lagoon. And no, there isn`t one any where near M:S. Nor has there ever been in that vicinity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom