Princesses getting new look

Stupido

I agree, one hundred percent. The old Cinderella dress was often times very unflattering on her, making her look a lot bigger than she was. The material was too stiff on her hips. I really like the new dress, I think it's an amazing dress for Cindy. But I'm still not okay with the hair/makeup change.

Any word on when these dresses will start showing up in the parks, and if all the princesses are getting the same treatment? I'm hoping for a Belle re-do, cause I think BOTH her hair and dress can use an update

Timothy_Q

Her dress does look better, and shockingly more similar to the original one in the movie. But her hair is pretty ugly.

They could now focus their attention on completely updating Gaston. He needs a more rustic, textured look to better fit in with the forest area. A better wig also, please?

awoogala

they all look like bland brats dolls now. We saw the HUGE display in toys r us this past week, And my daughter (7) said "that's NOT Cinderella!"
change the dresses all you want, but making her look like a different person is stupid!
There were also a few pics that seemed more adult in their posing. Reminded me of the tink merchandise in wal-mart.. Cheesy, sleazy, and bitchy looking.

tracyandalex

"Sophia the First" - There's going to be a film release and an associated show.

If you watch the most recent previews of the show, the new Cinderella is the one that will be in the show. Perhaps one inspired the other. I'm not sure which came first though. DD4 has been saying it's Cinderella in her ball gown. I'm not sure what she thought Cinderella was wearing before . . .
Sophia the first premears on Nov 18th

There's a big difference between the Cinderella that shows up for a major New York event like this and the Cinderellas that are going to show up in the theme parks.

TinkerBell9988

The company I work for has a Disney license for apparel. I got to preview the new "look" of the Princesses back in January of this year. Being the animation nerd and Disney fan that I am, I almost fell over in my chair.

I'm not a proponent of changing character art from the original looks in the animated motion pictures. Cinderella doesn't have Vogue-looking side bangs in the movie, so why should she have them in the parks, on t-shirts, on notebooks, etc. Let's just say I left that meeting very puzzled.

And all the Princesses at the parks WILL be getting these new looks. We were informed of this at a Disney corporate meeting. Get ready for photo ops with side bangs! ;)

Monkee Girl

gah! Why am I having so much trouble posting pictures? Why can't I just take it from my desk top, none of the links are working!

Anyway...The Unofficial Character Hunting page just posted a picture of the New Cinderella and I am sorry, I just don't like it. The dress is pretty except for the sleeves. Why are her underarms showing? I just don't like that. and the whole modern hair/face is tacky to me. She doesn't look like Cinderella. She looks like a generic girl in a sparkly dress. Disney needs to go back to the drawing board here and I am afraid what Aurora is going to look like now.

I guess the kids won't be able to tell a difference but to me it is a branding issue. This is NOT Disney's Cinderella.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unofficial-Disney-Character-Hunting-Guide/143447969002418

Another look with the 'under arm bit I don't like'

http://www.passporterboards.com/for...ld/265990-new-hairstyle-dress-cinderella.html

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
At first I was really worried, but I'm pleased with how Cinderella turned out.
Of course, that's not to say that I have faith in the rest of 'em...

HausofDe-Vil

The new Cinderella look is amazing! I was one of the very few who loved the changed hairstyle and dress for the princess merchandise. It's very cool seeing it come to life. This new dress is so much more flattering than the old one, and I love the hair. I'm very excited to see the other princesses.
At first when they said they were updating the Princesses looks to the new "Glitter Dresses" I was a little leery about them. I thought they might be a bit too costumey and cheap looking. But if the other Princesses look as good as Cinderella I'm sure they will be amazing.

bucklepants

You think the images are glitterific? They are selling the new Cinderella outfit in target and where those big sparkles are, the dress actually lights up! Reminds me of a funny episode of Modern Family.. but I digress.. my daughter told me Santa will bring it to her:(

LOL! I know the feeling. Santa's sleigh will bust open due to all the sequins and glittery stuff in there this year.

CountryBearFan

they all look like bland brats dolls now. We saw the HUGE display in toys r us this past week, And my daughter (7) said "that's NOT Cinderella!"
change the dresses all you want, but making her look like a different person is stupid!
There were also a few pics that seemed more adult in their posing. Reminded me of the tink merchandise in wal-mart.. Cheesy, sleazy, and bitchy looking.

NO, THEY DO NOT! YOU'RE COMPLETELY WRONG!!! :mad:

Disneytwinmom

They just changed the faces and dresses a bit on all the Princess dolls at Disneystore.com and their faces are god-awful ugly. Thank goodness my daughter has all the dolls from before this change. The new show on Disney Jr. is Sofia the First (it debuts next month) and she is the first Latina princess. The Latin community is up in arms because they are not promoting her ethnicity.

GloriaWoW

By the looks of the double takes I assume they will all basically be added to lots of glitter and sequins.. The colours and the ammount of make up (See comparison of Cinderella) Seems acceptable providing they don't change it too much, they are classics after all.
Ps.WDI Costumes - Hilarious LoL !

cheezbat

They just changed the faces and dresses a bit on all the Princess dolls at Disneystore.com and their faces are god-awful ugly. Thank goodness my daughter has all the dolls from before this change. The new show on Disney Jr. is Sofia the First (it debuts next month) and she is the first Latina princess. The Latin community is up in arms because they are not promoting her ethnicity.

I love how everything has to be 'modern' and 'politically correct.' It makes me sick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom