Princesses getting new look

J03Y

glitter? no me gusta.

My insider source at WDI Costumes leaked the new outfits!!

disney_princess_pin_ups_by_kei%2Bphillips.png

me gusta. ;)

Cosmic Commando

Is there a website for the history of WDW character looks? I think that would be very interesting to see!
No princesses, but this has pictures of a bunch of other characters.

(unrelated note: I had completely forgotten about that article that Jim wrote about how all of the hotels and millionaires' mansions that we're getting at WDW are the same as getting DCA's billion dollars of rides until I saw it on the sidebar of this article! Crazy stuff, huh?)

razza1987

Does no one else miss Ariel's total Princess Diana-style puff sleeve dress?!?! :( That's the first thing I noticed when I saw these a while back! They really gave Ariel that totally rad 90's look, like Cinderella's 50's hairstyle!

I agree. While I have never been to Disney before I know the dress you are referring to and it is beautiful

twinnstar

Yes!

I totally love 'movie-Rapunzel'. She's adorable. But the Rapunzel on the merchandise and stuff looks like a totally different girl. Barely recognisable, nowhere near as cute either. I feel no connection.
But your black and white sketches capture her perfectly. So 3D CGI Rapunzel can easily be rendered in handdrawn 2D.

totally agree! when i was in Epcot last year i bought a children's book (i have no children ATM lol) illustrating the Tangled story cause i just ADORE her drawn-look.

Monkee Girl

I don't like the new looks either. I guess they are trying to modernize them but the princesses are classics! I see them wanting to make money through merchandising but I would be disappointed in seeing the park looks change. It's bad enough they stick Aurora in that awful stiff looking pink dress, now they have to change the hair (way too flat). She won't even be recognizable after a while. And now Cinderella just looks like a barbie doll.

The princesses from the movie have a distinctive look and way about them; to change them ruins the integrity of the brand in my opinion. Change the dresses but leave their physical appearance (hair/makeup) alone.

I will try and stay positive until I see if any of this actually happens (perhaps these ARE really for the brand photos, like the all gold dresses).

Glasgow

Sounds like a sales tactic to me. "Oh, mommy, I need the new Cinderella dress ... for Christmas. My old dress is so 1940s."

Coincidence? I think not.

BrittanyRose428

I like that Cinderella has ears now, but I'm not crazy about her hair and the fact that her face looks... younger but with more makeup? Is that what I'm trying to say? It looks modern. Cinderella doesn't have sidebangs in the movie, so thats a little weird to me.

Can we go yet?

No princesses, but this has pictures of a bunch of other characters.

(unrelated note: I had completely forgotten about that article that Jim wrote about how all of the hotels and millionaires' mansions that we're getting at WDW are the same as getting DCA's billion dollars of rides until I saw it on the sidebar of this article! Crazy stuff, huh?)
Oh God, those first few costumes...my night is ruined. D': Walt looks a bit disturbed himself in one of those pictures...xD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom