Princesses getting new look

bubbles1812

If there is any real dress that needs a revamp, I think it's the sleeping beauty one...I don't think I've ever seen that dress look good on anyone. So I welcome the changes if they really are trying to plus the look of the dresses in the park. They need to fix the triangle like thingies that come off at the top of the arms...just always thought it looked bad. I don't know quite how to feel about revamping the look of the characters in general though. Seems harmless enough. Though that is a lot of bling (sparkles!!!) on the new cinderella.

BrightImagine

Changing dresses is fine, but I don't want Cinderella to have a new hairstyle. (Or Belle or Snow, for that matter.) I posted a thread about this a few months back when I first saw these new princess drawings on Disney Store merchandise. I feel that Cinderella doesn't look like the movie any more if you change her fifties 'do.

luv

A pp said it best. This will appeal to 4yo girls and that is what Disney is after. If you aren't a 4yo girl, your opinion doesn't matter.

If the 4yo wants it, most parents at WDW are going to shell out for it.

And a 4-5 year old girl's idea of tasteful elegance is "shiny and glittery."

The Empress Lilly

a 4-5 year old girl's idea of tasteful elegance is "shiny and glittery."
...but at some point, little girls need to be taught that tasteful elegance is the art of good taste applied with restraint.

For a four year old the idea of proper public etiquette is to run around naked with a snotty nose, and this one also teaches is not considered a sign of tasteful elegance.

The Empress Lilly

If there is any real dress that needs a revamp, I think it's the sleeping beauty one...I don't think I've ever seen that dress look good on anyone.
True dat!

Maybe the Sleeping Beauty dress is so difficult to transfer to real life because of the very stylised look of the movie? I don't know. I too have never seen that dress look nice on actual persons.

Animaniac93-98

Leave it to the fans to come up with better costumes:

181481059954561931_g6KKMbcV_f.jpg

259590365991543347_f8tlZMMd_f.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Haha, Lilly... *Merriweather* Blue! :p

I always truthfully did like the blue version better. Thought it looked better in the movie.
Because Cinderella has got a blue dress, Aurora wears pink. To avoid confusion. With the same long blond hair and fifties look, they'd be too difficult to tell apart if both wore blue.

But what ought to be done, is Cinderella getting a silver(!) dress, and Aurora her blue dress. Just like in the movies!

(I also now see that her dress is more glittery than I seemed to remember...)

Cinderella-cinderella-24456717-1024-768.jpg

Powerline

Wait, isn't there a new Princess-centered show set for a Disney Jr premiere?

That would be a perfect time to push these new designs.

luv

...but at some point, little girls need to be taught that tasteful elegance is the art of good taste applied with restraint.

For a four year old the idea of proper public etiquette is to run around naked with a snotty nose, and this one also teaches is not considered a sign of tasteful elegance.
So you're suggesting Less Tacky, More Classy? Good points. :)

MickeyPeace

Cinderella images have been sprouting up lately with the new look...

Her Old Version...
cinderella.jpg

And Her New Version
New-Cinderella-disney-princess-30792546-666-800.jpg

Here is more From this 2013 calender..
9781423815068.jpg
Looks like Cinderella got a face lift and collagen in her face and lips. That could get expensive for Disney if they do that for cast members. Rapunzel has creepy hallucinagenic eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom