Princesses getting new look

bigAWL

they all look like bland brats dolls now. We saw the HUGE display in toys r us this past week, And my daughter (7) said "that's NOT Cinderella!"
change the dresses all you want, but making her look like a different person is stupid!
There were also a few pics that seemed more adult in their posing. Reminded me of the tink merchandise in wal-mart.. Cheesy, sleazy, and bitchy looking.

Well the original Tink (and by "original" I mean the one from the 1953 Peter Pan movie) was pretty bitchy. Maybe not sleazy, but definitely bitchy.

As for the changes to hair, if it looks more like hair and less like a wig, then I'm all for it.

awoogala

Well the original Tink (and by "original" I mean the one from the 1953 Peter Pan movie) was pretty bitchy. Maybe not sleazy, but definitely bitchy.

As for the changes to hair, if it looks more like hair and less like a wig, then I'm all for it.
yes,she was bitchy. ;)
but there seems to be a definite difference in her appearance and mannerisms in merchandise sold at Disney as opposed to the ones sold at say Wal-Mart. I believe Disney changes her for the different market. I have no problem buying my daughter tinkerbell merchandise at Disney, but the stuff at Wal-Mart just seems wrong.

bigAWL

yes,she was bitchy. ;)
but there seems to be a definite difference in her appearance and mannerisms in merchandise sold at Disney as opposed to the ones sold at say Wal-Mart. I believe Disney changes her for the different market. I have no problem buying my daughter tinkerbell merchandise at Disney, but the stuff at Wal-Mart just seems wrong.
I think I see what you mean, though.
WalmartTink.jpg

HausofDe-Vil

Does anybody know when they'll be debuting the other Princesses' new looks? I mean it can't be too far into the future. Maybe with the opening of the new Fantasyland?

jjnshane

Anyway...The Unofficial Character Hunting page just posted a picture of the New Cinderella and I am sorry, I just don't like it. The dress is pretty except for the sleeves. Why are her underarms showing? I just don't like that. and the whole modern hair/face is tacky to me. She doesn't look like Cinderella. She looks like a generic girl in a sparkly dress. Disney needs to go back to the drawing board here and I am afraid what Aurora is going to look like now.

The skirt of the dress is okay and the bodice is more form fitting and flattering, but I have to agree with you about the sleeves. I also don't like the fact that her underarm is showing and the poofs at the shoulder are just too poofy -- they look like they are about to eat Cindy's face off and also cause the illusion that she has a very short neck, while the previous dress caused her neck to look longer and more graceful.
As for the hair -- the bangs are too long and make her face look shorter, but I do like the color of the hair. I do like the fact that her headband now goes behind her ears, before it looked really uncomfortable to have her ears squished by the headband.

As someone who makes costumes for theatre productions, I had to weigh in, but since my daughter HATES most of the princesses, we will probablt never see the new dress in person! :D

Monkee Girl

The skirt of the dress is okay and the bodice is more form fitting and flattering, but I have to agree with you about the sleeves. I also don't like the fact that her underarm is showing and the poofs at the shoulder are just too poofy -- they look like they are about to eat Cindy's face off and also cause the illusion that she has a very short neck, while the previous dress caused her neck to look longer and more graceful.
As for the hair -- the bangs are too long and make her face look shorter, but I do like the color of the hair. I do like the fact that her headband now goes behind her ears, before it looked really uncomfortable to have her ears squished by the headband.

As someone who makes costumes for theatre productions, I had to weigh in, but since my daughter HATES most of the princesses, we will probablt never see the new dress in person! :D

Yes. I am not saying it has to be dead on copies of the movie. Of course there needs to be some room for interpretation. I love that her skirt is more puffy and looks like a ball gown but the sleeves are atrocious. Way too high and puffy. I can't believe they can't find a balance between the new look at the old look of the sleeves (hate the wires showing).

As for the hair, I miss her original wig style. It was pretty, classy and looked ball like. The new look is prom like. I don't like the bangs either. I am sure they could keep the original hair and still show the ears. I guess my problem is she just looks WAY too different. This is not Cinderella to me.

I have been just getting into dress making myself so I do find myself looking at the gowns a little more. So maybe I am more critical then I should be. I just think Disney should have kept the princesses' original look (there was nothing wrong with them) and just updated the dresses if they need. They are princesses after all and should have closets of beautiful gowns. But their actual face/wig looks shouldn't change that dramatically.

I wonder what Prince Charming thinks...

Stupido

I'm surprised Belle's new look hasn't been added to ETwB or Ariels to AG. I'd imagine that they'll be ready for the official opening date in December?

mickeysbrother

I didn't even realize that was Belle. I thought they were bringing Megara into the Disney Princesses.

Belle looks hot!!!! Huge crush already on the original belle. Ever more after i saw her at home in the library..
The new look is a little skankish but hey i aint complaining...

HausofDe-Vil

I was told Aurora is next, FWIW. I'm also surprised new looks for Belle and Beast weren't completed for FLE.

I really hope this is true. I wanted her to be next. I've never been a fan of Aurora's look at the parks. The dress just isn't flattering to me, and it doesn't fit well. She's one of my favorite princesses so I really hope she looks good. I'm worried about her hair.
As for Belle, I'm also shocked they didn't debut her new look with the new FLE. Maybe for the grand opening in December?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom