Princess and the frog a failure?

stitch2008

Ummmm...the cancelling of Snow Queen and King of the Elves which has led to the loss of a ton of Disney's story artists to Dreamworks, the renaming of Rapunzel.

Shall I continue?

Blue SKy Disney, a site I find to be fairly reputable, also sites the box office performance as the reason for all that.

I read that blog alot. I do remember reading that he also mentioned that the story on The Snow Queen wasn't coming together as they would have liked. But I agree, PatF's performance is a factor in it. And maybe it's out of frustration with hollywood in general. But I don't really care about the name change for Rapunzel. It's not like the story has changed at all. It's the same movie. I mean if a film with "Squeakuel" in the title can make hundreds of millions of dollars, I'm in favor of what ever. Plus the title of Tron Legacy has been changed several times since the announcement of the film. So Tangled may not be the final title. Again, probably just frustrated

Usually. Besides, who knows what they'll be doing instead of those movies? I wasn't too thrilled with the concepts for either of them as vague as they were.

The same blog has mentioned there are other projects in the pipeline. Joe Jump was in competition The Snow Queen for the 2012 release slot. Also, Chris Williams(Bolt) is developing a new CG film as well and an unknown project by Dean Williams(former co-director of Rapunzel). Also, over at the Animation Guild Blog, they say that the animators that were going to work on The Snow Queen are "going to work to come up with a new project. Plus the story team on Tangled is done, so they most likley will start something else. http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/morning-diz.html

Snow Queen and King of the Elves.

Winnie the Pooh is still on.

Just a little correction. Snow Queen and Pooh are hand drawn. King of the Elves was going to be CGI.

MKCP 1985

$234.2

and counting.....

and this movie probably meets Disney's alleged new directive of being required to be able to sell toys, clothing and other merchandise.

So it will eventually be considered a modest success where "The Proposal" was nixed for a sequel, despite $200 million plus in box office. :shrug:

jt04

and this movie probably meets Disney's alleged new directive of being required to be able to sell toys, clothing and other merchandise.

So it will eventually be considered a modest success where "The Proposal" was nixed for a sequel, despite $200 million plus in box office. :shrug:

Yes, Iger is serious about franchises that can be monetized across most if not all of the companies platorms. Some movie purists hate this plan but I think it could lead to more Pirates type franchises as opposed to the cheaper live action films Disney has become too well known for.

ScorpionX

Which, as we all know, is a sign of the coming apocalypse.
:eek:

Do you mean 2012 by that?

PS, I officially predict that How to Train Your Dragon (2010, DreamWorks) will do worse than The Princess & the Frog (2009, Walt Disney Pictures).

What do you think?
:D

jt04

Do you mean 2012 by that?

PS, I officially predict that How to Train Your Dragon (2010, DreamWorks) will do worse than The Princess & the Frog (2009, Walt Disney Pictures).

What do you think?

:rolleyes:

How bout a TS3 vs HTTYD wager since that would be more akin to comparing apples to apples? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom