Seems to me the rational criteria for planning a vacation would be:
Where do we want to go.
What do we want to do.
What kind of accommodations do we want.
How long do we want to stay.
How much will this cost.
Can we afford the cost.
Are we willing to afford the cost.

If the answer to either of the last two statements is " NO", then you have to scale back your wants, find a less expensive way to do what you want, go somewhere else, or stay home and save for a future trip. It does little good to moan and groan about what others may do or not, who can afford what, or what is charged for what somewhere else.

Many of the posts come off sounding a lot like the fox in Aesop's "Sour Grapes" fable.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You man the man that built 65% of the 2004 Red Sox, and brought the most dominant pitcher in baseball history to Fenway? That guy?

Yes THAT guy, Near the end he DID bring in quality players but for most of his tenure let's say the while they were always Boston's team and near to our hearts they were to be charitable the underdog of the AL East.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Except this isn't a sports team. It's a physical location run by a corporation.

You're posting the equivalent that you hope JCPenny's returns to it's former glory.

And a sports team is not a location run by a corporation which provides entertainment and amenities for a fee?, With the possible exception of the Green Bay Packers All the professional sports teams I am aware of are for profit corporations with a phyiscal base.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
From about $1,200/night you could get two adjoining MK view rooms with space to sleep 8 and 2 bathrooms. No plunge pool, washer/dryer and kitchen, but you'd get two fridges.
Assuming a range between $1,200 and $1,400 for the 2 studios, is it worth the extra $300 to $400 per night to have a private pool, full kitchen and living room? What would be a fair price point for those added amenities? $200 per night more? That would put the bungalows in the $1,600 to $1,800 range. I guess it's really an individual preference how much more you would be willing to pay for those added amenities.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Assuming a range between $1,200 and $1,400 for the 2 studios, is it worth the extra $300 to $400 per night to have a private pool, full kitchen and living room? What would be a fair price point for those added amenities? $200 per night more? That would put the bungalows in the $1,600 to $1,800 range. I guess it's really an individual preference how much more you would be willing to pay for those added amenities.

Compared to Disney it's merely OK, Compared to the O town metro market it's insane.

ParentsOf4

Sorry No, not by a long shot. It's a very nice room but it's definitely not presidential suite quality.
Frankly, most other DVC villas look a bit nicer than the bungalow living room:

Poly.jpg

The room reminds me a bit of the 1960s.

I'm waiting for Steve McGarrett to walk in and say, "Book 'em, Danno." :D

(The original Hawaii Five-O TV show for those of you unfamiliar with the reference.)

Nemo14

Frankly, most other DVC villas look a bit nicer than the bungalow living room:

View attachment 79070

The room reminds me a bit of the 1960s.

I'm waiting for Steve McGarrett to walk in and say, "Book 'em, Danno." :D

(The original Hawaii Five-O TV show for those of you unfamiliar with the reference.)
I'm glad you said that - to me the furniture looks very uncomfortable.

note2001

If there's a silver lining to all this, it's that now that the poly is going to generate massive $$$ in sales and yearly maintenance fees, they'll finally be able to repair and maintain the beautiful water feature and oasis in the GCH.

Wait...
Unless I missed something, I believe the water feature at the GCH is now the monorail pulling in from a rainstorm. Every day, all summer long, 4pm - 6pm.

jakeman

And a sports team is not a location run by a corporation which provides entertainment and amenities for a fee?, With the possible exception of the Green Bay Packers All the professional sports teams I am aware of are for profit corporations with a phyiscal base.
The very nature of sports generates a fandom. Again, what goes on here is folks cheering on the GAP.

note2001

I'm glad you said that - to me the furniture looks very uncomfortable.

The intention was to mimic the 60s decor that's prominent in the resort. I think they did an excellent job of it complete with uncomfortable furniture and odd shapes. :)

The bungalows, to me, simply look like the SSR Tree houses only moved to an over the water location with a view of the fireworks and a hot tub on the deck. Meh. Between the two, I'll take the Tree houses.

These units need a personal water shuttle to take them to/from the MK docks. I can't imagine any celebrity wanting to stay in a unit so prominently placed with a wonderful view of the ferry going through their backyard every 15 minutes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The intention was to mimic the 60s decor that's prominent in the resort. I think they did an excellent job of it complete with uncomfortable furniture and odd shapes. :)

The bungalows, to me, simply look like the SSR Tree houses only moved to an over the water location with a view of the fireworks and a hot tub on the deck. Meh. Between the two, I'll take the Tree houses.

These units need a personal water shuttle to take them to/from the MK docks. I can't imagine any celebrity wanting to stay in a unit so prominently placed with a wonderful view of the ferry going through their backyard every 15 minutes.

But they will NEVER get that personal shuttle as TDO will deem it 'too expensive' after all they have the monorail, If Disney had gone the extra mile and made these units truly deluxe in amenities I doubt many of us would be so amazed at the price.

And sorry when I hear plunge pool I think TOILET!.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No doubt, but that's true of all the rooms at WDW deluxe resorts.

The sad thing is until the last 5 years or so that did not used to be true, Sure a 50-100% location premium but now we are at 400-600% premium and TDO is filling rooms with offshore guests at insane discount levels so they can maintain the local rack rate. It's time for the financial engineering to end.

squidward

Where in the rest of the world do I find four theme parks, two water parks, a dining and shopping venue within half an hour of a sea based park, another theme park complex as well as tons of other entertainment options?

Given that you could buy a GORGEOUS home less than 10 minutes away that you own for life for far less money, I'd say the location here does not equal the price.

squidward

All DVC room types can be rented using cash, but the rates are far higher that what it would cost you for the same room if you rented the points from a DVC owner.

I wouldn't count on it with the Bungalows. I would bet good money DVC owners will be charging $20 per point (if not more). Multiply that times 122 points per night and you're talking $2,400.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom