Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

Buried20KLeague

We are paying less than that for a MONTH stay in a 3 bedroom condo with private hot tub.

Sure, but will you gently sleep suspended a mere few feet above the gator and deadly bacteria-infested emerald/algae green waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon???

That kind of benny ain't free, ya know.

Now shut up and give the mouse your money. And don't expect daily maid service.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's a $105,000 car, how is that not Nissans 1% product?
Common sense would tell you that if you aren't making $400K a year or more (the top 1%) you really shouldn't be driving a $100K+ car. Not everyone has common sense.

To your point, the majority of people driving that car are probably in the 1% demographic. It's not until you get into the top 0.1% that you get into the Donald Trump types who would turn their noses up at a "common" car.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Common sense would tell you that if you aren't making $400K a year or more (the top 1%) you really shouldn't be driving a $100K+ car. Not everyone has common sense.

To your point, the majority of people driving that car are probably in the 1% demographic. It's not until you get into the top 0.1% that you get into the Donald Trump types who would turn their noses up at a "common" car.
image.jpg

Incomudro

The posters who insist on bashing these bungalos by a perspective on comparative values are entirely missing the point.
Look, people who can afford $2000 a night for their room alone can probably quite easily afford an additional Florida home and limo service into WDW - if they don't feel like driving their insert your name of high buck vehicle here ________.
Not the point, and I would seriously doubt that those who live that lifestyle would even make such a relative comparison.

flyerjab

Original Poster
And if people want to stay in a larger accommodation outside of Disney, they can and will. People pay the prices to be onsite and near the parks, to be IN Disney World. It's not a right or an obligation, it's a choice. Like many have already stated, most of the people who will choose to pay these prices won't be looking for value like a lot of the other people visiting- who have been planning and saving for their holidays.

Its the same reason people pay ridiculous prices to stay and live in New York/London/etc. when for the same price you could stay or live somewhere just as nice- or even 10x the size- for the same or even half the price. Who's going to stay in a fabulous suite at one of the hotels near JFK airport because it's 4x the size of the room they can get in Times Square?!
It's about location and choice- Disney aren't forcing you to hand over your money!

I can't afford to stay in the presidential suite at the Ritz in Paris- but hey, do I need to hold a placard up holding signs about how I could stay in 100 other hotels nearby for the same price as one night there? I can still visit the sights and restaurants around Paris. Just can't stay at one of the "top" hotels. Yet... ;)

I wish I could like this post 2900 times for one week! :D

By far the best post on this subject.

ryguy

The top 1% could care less about WDW, when they travel they go the alps, Europe, tropical Islands, asia, Aspen, the Hamptons,etc.... WDW is not on their radar, and if it is it's only because they have kids and they are doing the obligatory trip to Disney. When they stay at Disney they stay in suites and now maybe the bungalows.

Dvc (IMO) appeals and is marketed toward successful middle class. For example; New money, the plumber who worked hard the last twenty years and has some savings. He/She has grown children who may be having children soon or have babies. They think to themselves we love Disney, we had great memories coming with our kids, we love coming still without our kids. Let's buy a timeshare so our children and our grand children can come down and we can all be together. Some how they rationalize that this is a good deal, and they buy in.

Old (blue) Money or the Uber rich don't give a rip about Disney.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The top 1% could care less about WDW, when they travel they go the alps, Europe, tropical Islands, asia, Aspen, the Hamptons,etc.... WDW is not on their radar, and if it is it's only because they have kids and they are doing the obligatory trip to Disney. When they stay at Disney they stay in suites and now maybe the bungalows.

Dvc (IMO) appeals and is marketed toward successful middle class. For example; New money, the plumber who worked hard the last twenty years and has some savings. He/She has grown children who may be having children soon or have babies. They think to themselves we love Disney, we had great memories coming with our kids, we love coming still without our kids. Let's buy a timeshare so our children and our grand children can come down and we can all be together. Some how they rationalize that this is a good deal, and they buy in.

Old (blue) Money or the Uber rich don't give a rip about Disney.

Yes precisely

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

And with current car prices if you make less than 100K you should not be even looking at a NEW car since they depreciate by 25-40% the moment you drive them off the lot. Last new car I bought was in 1991 all the rest have been lease returns with low mileage.

Used cars have a much more linear depreciation curve and since I live in the frozen north salt eventually destroys all cars it's not WORTH it to buy new ones as much as I'd love to have one.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Are the fireworks not visible from the area of beach in front of the Volcano pool? That's where I used to always watch them...

I thought the DVC construction had blocked all views from the beach - glad to hear that's not the case completely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom