Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

Bolna

Yeah, but we still have to fill over 1,000 weekly rentals every year. Can that top group of DVC'ers really do that every year?

I have to imagine that the # of owners drops off a cliff once you get past 500-600 points. Seems like having 400ish is pretty regular.. but still blows my mind.

and I'm a guy who spends thousands on pure 'toys' for myself all the time.

It could also well be that people will rent these for shorter stays. Spend a weekend at the Poly, enjoy Trader Sam's Grotto, the pool , a massage at the GF's spa and dinner at Victory & Albert - oh and watching the fireworks from your plunge pool - and you have a perfect splurge weekend. ;)

The interesting thing will be: Are they going to sell fixed weeks for the bungalows and will they have any takers. I am afraid that there will not be any way to find out, but that should tell us how well Disney reads its DVC market.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So is the honda ridgeline (their most expensive model) vs the civic... but that's for missing the whole point and failing to grasp the difference between 'products aimed for the exclusive, most extreme customers' and simply 'our most expensive product this particular company offers'. Kudos for dragging this on until it had to be spelled out.
I aim to please.

Disneyhead'71

(In my best Sarah Palin voice): "I can see Hogwarts from my house." :)

Denver's new pollution problem

7262269140_895bd357da_z.jpg

All Nebraska does now is sit on the couch eating Funyuns while watching Spongebob just from the contact high.

asianway

People who can afford this, truly afford this that is, not merely scrape two nights together through banking and borrowing:

1.) would never buy a timeshare. It's a value proposition, something the true 1% would not do.

2.) would never accept the substandard service levels a Disney deluxe resort provides with their joke of a "concierge" service.

Who will he staying is faux 1%ers & in hock lifestylers

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
People who can afford this, truly afford this that is, not merely scrape two nights together through banking and borrowing:

1.) would never buy a timeshare. It's a value proposition, something the true 1% would not do.

2.) would never accept the substandard service levels a Disney deluxe resort provides with their joke of a "concierge" service.

Who will he staying is faux 1%ers & in hock lifestylers
I guess Disney is really screwed if the people who can afford this would never buy in! One to two nights at a time are not going to be worth keeping the lights on!
I look forward to 10 years from now when the empty, never used bungalos sit rotting in the sun like River Country!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom