Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

inluvwithbeast

The only thing with having the princesses with where Snow White is how close they will be to Cinderella's Royal Table and the castle show. These meet and greeets will probably be continuous all day so the princesses will all be in multiple spots right beside each other at the same time. Atleast in Toontown they were kind of separated so it wasn't as obvious. Now a little girl will eat at CRT and meet Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, etc, walk right out...and meet them there. In fact you'll be able to see their location from the windows in CRT. I know there's a certain suspense of disbelief but that's just too much to try and ignore.

I believe Raven said there will be two princesses who will use that location for their M&G. I have a feeling it won't be Cindy, I KNOW it won't be Belle (she'll have a M&G all her own by Be Our Guest restaurant), and I don't really know about Aurora. Maybe Snow White will be there? That might be... ironic.

BriEcho3194

lol I would rather keep both as people say but I think meeting a princess or character is the highlight to a little kids Disney Trip! But Still why gut an entire ride? So we can get a better updated version that NO OTHER Disney park has lol AKA Snow White mine ride. I do understand the concerns such as losing a classic and having it used as a M+G. It really bites to see another ride go. But lets think....Would you rather Dance with Cinderella and train to be one of her knights, then go and make cards for Sleeping Beauty OR Have an entirely new ride in that same area? I will take the Entierly new ride what about you guys??

I know its not my place but I do understand where everyone is coming from it stinks to see another ride go but who knows? Maybe Disney has something up their sleeve? lol They always do....

jt04

Finally!

My guess the two M&G's are the two that are being displaced temporarily by the dwarves train ride. I have a guess where Cindy will end up but not Aurora. Oh wait.........:animwink:

I can't wait for the artwork of everything especially Circusville USA Birthday Toontown Land or whatever it will be called. :)

I'm cautiously optimistic.:eek:

S

stphnbogert

Eh hem.. Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster. :wave:

So they're going to announce stuff only for the Fantasyland Expansion?

Is that the official name for it? Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster?

Will they also announce new dates that this is going to start construction and open?

I believe Raven said there will be two princesses who will use that location for their M&G. I have a feeling it won't be Cindy, I KNOW it won't be Belle (she'll have a M&G all her own by Be Our Guest restaurant), and I don't really know about Aurora. Maybe Snow White will be there? That might be... ironic.
Here are all of the current Disney Princesses:
- Snow White
- Cinderella
- Aurora
- Ariel
- Belle
- Jasmine
- Pocahontas
- Mulan
- Tiana
- Rapunzel
Ariel and Belle will have meet-and-greets in the new areas of Fantasyland. Rapunzel has a meet-and-greet in Fantasyland. Tiana is in Liberty Square. Only one's left that are suitable for Fantasyland are Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora. I'd put one at the old skyway station (I've seen Snow White there before) and the other two in the new spot.

raven

Original Poster
So they're going to announce stuff only for the Fantasyland Expansion?

Is that the official name for it? Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster?

Will they also announce new dates that this is going to start construction and open?

Working title but that's the only name I've seen so far. All could be changed though.

I think the timing of the press event has to do with the current celebration so we may hear more details about that as well.

S

stphnbogert

Working title but that's the only name I've seen so far. All could be changed though.

I think the timing of the press event has to do with the current celebration so we may hear more details about that as well.

Sweet thanks for the info!!!! Do you know if Disney will announce officially that there is a press event going on?

S

stphnbogert

What? You want a press event about a press event? :lol: It's already been announced to Cast Members.

hahahaha....sorry kinda tired...didn't realize what i was typing. yeah though...if you could give me a press release about the press release about the press release that the cast members got that would be fine. lol. :brick:

David S.

That's what I'm curious about as well, but don't want to hear it from an "official" channel, because that would proove the ride is definitely on Death Row. So I'm dreading this "press event" more than I'd be dreading an appointment for a root canal (not that I've ever had one), knowing it could be the bearer of devastatingly heartbreaking news. :( :( :(

On the other hand, if all Disney does at this press event is tout their new "Year of A Million Memories You Will Celebrate" or whatever the heck they are calling their 2011 "Disney Parks" marketing campaign (which wouldn't surprise me given some of their other press events), and they make no mention of Snow White closing whatsoever, I'll be a happy camper and dance a festive jig! ;)

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah...about time...:D

Interesting--Lee had suggested that, at one time, it was meant to be temporary. Maybe not so much, now.
Remains to be seen. I was told, months ago, that the M&G in the SW building would be temporary, with the potential for a new dark ride to move in down the road a few years. I have no doubt they will be building a substantial M&G facility in there, but until I hear for sure otherwise, I will consider it "temporary."
But, like I have always said, plans at Disney change constantly.

Can't we have both!
Nope. With the SW theme moving to the coaster, the princesses have to go somewhere. The SW dark ride building makes the most sense, if they aren't going to build a new facility....which they aren't at this point.

I'm told the name will be similar to that, but not exactly the same.
The press event, I'm told, will be about both the new celebration and the first sailing of the Dream.

...and they make no mention of Snow White closing whatsoever, I'll be a happy camper and dance a festive jig! ;)
Ummm...I don't think you will be pleased on Tuesday.

I, on the other hand....:D

Depending on what get's decided over the next few days, there may also be a couple of additional announcements of some importance.
Stay tuned...

S

stphnbogert

Lee,

Do you know if they'll maybe say something about One Man's Dream? Could this mean they'll finally add stuff to the final exhibit will all the plans finally being released?

aladdin2007

Is it possible this press event will make any mention of a 40th anniversary celebration? Or is that totally a dead plan now no 40th beyond merch? Please at least a new parade.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Wow.

I just want to give a big thanks to all our insiders. These forums are almost as good as sitting in on TDO meetings. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for everything.

CarlFredricksen

When the announcement is made on SW closing, will an announcement be made on a timetable for closings and construction starting on the train coaster?

Lee

Adventurer
Lee,

Do you know if they'll maybe say something about One Man's Dream? Could this mean they'll finally add stuff to the final exhibit will all the plans finally being released?

Is it possible this press event will make any mention of a 40th anniversary celebration? Or is that totally a dead plan now no 40th beyond merch? Please at least a new parade.

When the announcement is made on SW closing, will an announcement be made on a timetable for closings and construction starting on the train coaster?

:shrug: Beats me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom