Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

ToTBellHop

Swiss Family Treehouse or Country Bears.

There is that Jungle Cruise movie coming out soon, so that would be a logical (though expensive) follow up to the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. And, as per usual nowadays, they could do it at DL and WDW at the same time.

I'm just excited that with the mine ride, we finally get a new ride that will NOT subsequently open elsewhere!

ToTBellHop

In Disney's defense, budget is very limited. They wanted another high-capacity ride but they also need to have meet and greets (esp. with the princesses) in the Magic Kingdom. This was the best short-term solution to give us the best land possible...and they are already planning on eventually creating a permanent princess location and bringing a ride back to the Snow White site, so I don't really take much issue with this. In the long run, we end up getting a Fantasyland that, with the exception of Peter Pan (which could use some updates), has moved into the 21st century.

I understand the concern that many "temporary" areas at Disney tend to become permanent, but I do think the princesses are FAR too profitable to go very long without their own, permanent M&G area with retail (and another Bibbity Bobbity Boutique...).

raven

Original Poster
In Disney's defense, budget is very limited. They wanted another high-capacity ride but they also need to have meet and greets (esp. with the princesses) in the Magic Kingdom. This was the best short-term solution to give us the best land possible...and they are already planning on eventually creating a permanent princess location and bringing a ride back to the Snow White site, so I don't really take much issue with this. In the long run, we end up getting a Fantasyland that, with the exception of Peter Pan (which could use some updates), has moved into the 21st century.

I understand the concern that many "temporary" areas at Disney tend to become permanent, but I do think the princesses are FAR too profitable to go very long without their own, permanent M&G area with retail (and another Bibbity Bobbity Boutique...).

They are spending a lot of time and money designing the M&G area. Inner hallways as well as queue areas are all being developed as a permanent structure. I'm not saying that another ride will never be in this space again but the lengths they are going to might tell another story. This area is currently being planned for 2 princesses currently.

ToTBellHop

They are spending a lot of time and money designing the M&G area. Inner hallways as well as queue areas are all being developed as a permanent structure. I'm not saying that another ride will never be in this space again but the lengths they are going to might tell another story. This area is currently being planned for 2 princesses currently.
Interesting--Lee had suggested that, at one time, it was meant to be temporary. Maybe not so much, now.

PhilharMagician

Ugh! :brick:

Jrn14

Ewww I hate to lose a attraction to a meet and greet... BLAH! Can't they just stick em in a corner somewhere and put up a curtain behind them of a castle or something!:fork:

BriEcho3194

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! HAHAHA I'm soooo excited!!!!

Jrn14

I just have an unnatural aversion to meet and greets... I waited in line once with a niece to meet Belle and it was like 20 minutes and I was slowly going crazy..

Besides I think a lot of the spontanous interactions with the characters are fine... the mgm hat, the countries and Epcot, Main Street... etc..

Why do we have to gut an attraction just to serve as a meet and greet.

mm52200

The only thing with having the princesses with where Snow White is how close they will be to Cinderella's Royal Table and the castle show. These meet and greeets will probably be continuous all day so the princesses will all be in multiple spots right beside each other at the same time. Atleast in Toontown they were kind of separated so it wasn't as obvious. Now a little girl will eat at CRT and meet Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, etc, walk right out...and meet them there. In fact you'll be able to see their location from the windows in CRT. I know there's a certain suspense of disbelief but that's just too much to try and ignore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom