Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

Raven,

Any chance this event will be streamed online? Either way, thanks as always. :wave:

bgraham34

I just hope that the princess meet and greets are not taking Snow Whites ride location forever. I hope they have plans for another attraction.

Thrill Seeker

From the rumors posted here, there will be a replacement attraction down the road when a more permanent location for the Meet and Greets is established.

CrescentLake

Wow, awesome! That was very unexpected. Thank you for breaking the news Raven! Looking forward to the announcement, maybe Disney has a few surprises up its sleeve that even we here on wdwmagic don't know about...

S

stphnbogert

OMG AWESOME!!! Does anyone know if they're going to stream this press event online? =D i sure hope so!!!!

Fashionista007

Hmm I wonder if they will also announce dates and celebrities for Star Wars Weekends? It's mid January already and they haven't announced anything! I noticed that today they changed their page and finally took down the 2010 info: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/hollywood-studios/special-events/star-wars-weekend/

I've been checking every day for a month now. I'm going to a conference in Atlanta and it ends May 20. I would love to book something but without knowing when it will be and who will be there I feel like it's too iffy for me.

I'm happy about Snow White. That's my least favorite ride in Fantasyland.

devoy1701

The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

don't spill the beans or anything Raven! :lol:

Thank you! :D

rsoxguy

a) that was awesome!
b) that was disappointing!
c) I knew it all along!

A word of thanks to Atomicmickey for the inspiration. I couldn't have said it without you!

Pioneer Hall

Anyone know a very generous person from the press that would let me tag along with them :wave:

It stinks that I will be so close, yet so far from hearing this announcement.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
a) that was awesome!
b) that was disappointing!
c) I knew it all along!

A word of thanks to Atomicmickey for the inspiration. I couldn't have said it without you!

And too many people around here will make claim to Category C.....:brick:

juan

Oh and is this the first time I've seen you actually say the Snow White Mine Coaster is coming? Why did you stop calling it Project X finally?

And thanks for the info. Im gonna go explode now!

I was only allowed to call it Project X, that will change Tues :D:D:D
that will be a big weight off my shoulders :lol:

NYwdwfan

Anna finally comes through.

4 days...wow...this thread will be 17 pages before the announcement even takes place!

As always - thanks Raven for the heads up. I'm giddy already!

Testtrack321

Testtrack321: the things I listed were a few items that I know of that are being mentioned. It's possible something like the things you listed may be talked about as well. It's just that I haven't heard that news yet.

Understandable, I just find it weird they're making some big attractions news mid-January and not around D-23 or in the spring.

Atomicmickey

Understandable, I just find it weird they're making some big attractions news mid-January and not around D-23 or in the spring.

I figured that closing Toontown would force their hand. Casual visitors, and people planning ahead, will be wondering why.

Fan speculation doesn't affect things, but yer average Joe wondering what's up makes it a necessity, I think.

djkidkaz

I figured that closing Toontown would force their hand. Casual visitors, and people planning ahead, will be wondering why.

Fan speculation doesn't affect things, but yer average Joe wondering what's up makes it a necessity, I think.

Yeah and maybe Monsters Inc. Coaster announcement for D23 event in May? :lookaroun:hammer:

S

stphnbogert

Yeah and maybe Monsters Inc. Coaster announcement for D23 event in May? :lookaroun:hammer:

i hope they announce something big at the d23 event....i just bought my tickets.

but does anyone know if this event will be streamed online?

IWant2GoNow

I pray this announcement is bigger than we all think it is, but I'm TRYING very hard to keep myself in check and only expect the announcement about the Snow White ride.

563424.jpg

THANKS RAVEN!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom