Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

ToTBellHop

I figured that closing Toontown would force their hand. Casual visitors, and people planning ahead, will be wondering why.

Fan speculation doesn't affect things, but yer average Joe wondering what's up makes it a necessity, I think.
Makes sense--if they announce it now, they can easily get some new concept art up for the new construction walls when they close an entire land next month. People might get a little frustrated if they see the entire kiddie land closed with no explanation.

stillgoofy

i hope they announce something big at the d23 event....i just bought my tickets.

but does anyone know if this event will be streamed online?

I didn't think the D23 tickets were on sale yet. Are you saying that you bought your tickets already for the Destination D event in May?

orky8

I figured that closing Toontown would force their hand. Casual visitors, and people planning ahead, will be wondering why.

Fan speculation doesn't affect things, but yer average Joe wondering what's up makes it a necessity, I think.

Also, perhaps they will finally start construction in that huge void of space. Just speculating (and we will find out soon), but if the mine ride uses coaster tracks, it would be kinda funny to see those tracks on site with no announcement as to what they were for. Then again, DVC built BLT and pretended nothing was happening for quite some time.

DisneyMusician2

Thanks for the info!

I hope that they really are going to do something more with that space than a meet-and-greet forever.

Now I'm sad I didn't catch Snow White when I was down last time, cause I'll probably never get to ride it again in Florida.:(

Dads 2 Boys

The Magic Kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on Tuesday, January 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for Fantasyland (including the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, the removal of the Snow White dark ride, implimentation of a princess M&G in it's place, details about Circusland and more.

Thanks for the info Raven. This is great news it appears TDO will be giving out a little at a time for the FLE instead of all at once and I for one think it's a good idea. Kind of how the NFL releases their schedule every yr.......give the fans a taste a little at a time. :sohappy:

DocMcHulk

the magic kingdom will close promptly at 6pm on tuesday, january 18th for a press event. Among things to be released are the "new" concept are for fantasyland (including the seven dwarves mine coaster, the removal of the snow white dark ride, implimentation of a princess m&g in it's place, details about circusland and more.

woo hooo!!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Timing makes sense if they are going to lose Toontown here in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to hear the new plans.

Sir Goofy

Interesting! I have an ADR for Tony's Town Square at 6:00 on Tuesday- I better call and confirm that one!!!! Maybe we can tag along with the press while we are there!:shrug:

David S.

Here we go! :sohappy:

Just a few more days until the boards are filled with

a) that was awesome!
b) that was disappointing!
c) I knew it all along!

etc . . . . .

If this press event officially confirms that my beloved Snow White's Adventures dark ride will be closing down, count me in with a vote for choice b - "disappointing"

My signature says it all about how I feel about losing beloved favorites Mickey's Toontown Fair, and now possibly Snow White.

Just once I'd LOVE to see WDW add something new WITHOUT it coming at the expense of an existing attraction, usually something I love and miss dearly!

Everest doesn't count, as AK was considered "underbuilt" and needed more capacity. But then they made up for this by closing my beloved Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends show a few years later, replacing it with - NOTHING! :(

menamechris

I pray this announcement is bigger than we all think it is, but I'm TRYING very hard to keep myself in check and only expect the announcement about the Snow White

I totally agree with you. I am trying to keep myself in check, as well. Hopefully, they realize how underwhelming the last one was....

Brian_WDW74

Interesting! I have an ADR for Tony's Town Square at 6:00 on Tuesday- I better call and confirm that one!!!! Maybe we can tag along with the press while we are there!:shrug:

Yes, it would be a good idea to confirm your ADR. According to the Times Guide for Tuesday, Tony's Town Square will be closing at 3:00pm and will not be re-opening for dinner service.

inluvwithbeast

I totally agree with you. I am trying to keep myself in check, as well. Hopefully, they realize how underwhelming the last one was....

Don't remind me. The whole board flew into a tizzy when the press conference was announced. All sorts of speculation and excitements, dreams of grandiose. We all know what that got us. At least now we have a little information on what's going to be discussed. In my mind, it's probably best we just expect what Raven laid out for us and nothing more. -sigh-

PhilharMagician

Makes sense--if they announce it now, they can easily get some new concept art up for the new construction walls when they close an entire land next month. People might get a little frustrated if they see the entire kiddie land closed with no explanation.

Yeah, and it can't be too long before the walls move outward and swallow Dumbo too! The poor kiddies are going to be limited for a while.

There is also castle wall constuction to do in Fantasyland coutyard area at some point which will move the contruction walls even closer yet.

raven

Original Poster
Are they actually calling it Circusland? Has this name been confirmed or is it just a made up name from the boards?

Oh and is this the first time I've seen you actually say the Snow White Mine Coaster is coming? Why did you stop calling it Project X finally?

And thanks for the info. Im gonna go explode now!

That's Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster, not Snow White. I don't think I ever called it Project X. It's been a certain Phase for a while to me that's about it. Incidently, the Disney park in Shanghi was being called Project Bueno for a long time.

Hopefully they will announce plans to redo the tiki room show as well.

Haven't heard anything about the Tiki Room but I have seen concepts about another attraction redo that's nearby. :animwink: Who knows if that information will be released though as it's still premature.

Don't remind me. The whole board flew into a tizzy when the press conference was announced. All sorts of speculation and excitements, dreams of grandiose. We all know what that got us. At least now we have a little information on what's going to be discussed. In my mind, it's probably best we just expect what Raven laid out for us and nothing more. -sigh-

Yes, we all got over excited on the last press event for no reason. This one will actually bring information that we want to hear. Not sure how much they are going to release as there are a lot of project still being conceived and worked on. Guess it's a "wait and see" thing.

No info on whether it will be podcast or not but I'm sure it won't take long for the infomation to hit these boards.

I'll be at the first showing of the new castle show though on Wednesday...just because. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom