Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Lee

Adventurer
I wonder if they're going to announce anything pertaining to the Tiki Room...Lee, could that be what you were referring to about other announcements based on what's going to be decided over the next few days?

No, I was thinking of some other stuff. Probably unlikely.

disnyfan89

Haven't heard anything about the Tiki Room but I have seen concepts about another attraction redo that's nearby. :animwink: Who knows if that information will be released though as it's still premature.

Logically it makes sense that one could be talking about Jungle Cruise as it is the major attraction just a few steps from Tiki but I'm going to go with a wild assumption and say The Magic Carpets of Aladdin. What with the new version going to Tokyo Seas and the amount of guest research cast members stationed outside the exit of the attraction lately (not to mention the cast whispering rumors of a refurb) and the technological advance of the new dumbo experience it seems to fit in my book.

Atomicmickey

OK, so just trying to gather all of this together and put it in perspective.

We're going to hear about these things, in this order of importance and emphasis:

1)OMGOMG You Can See Your Picture On the Castle!!! Memoriezomg!
(20 minutes spent on this)
2)There is a Brand New Boat just over there on the Coast, it is so BIG you can almost see it from the Top of Splash Mountain! Book Your Trip Now, pay extra for an inside stateroom!! (15 minutes spent on this)
3) A new PARADE of Pixar Pals at DHS!! (10 minutes spent on this)
4) Mickey and Minnie will be greeting you on Main Street starting soon, because of some . . . . stuff . . . going on at the back of the park, we'll tell you more later, maybe. (5 minutes spent on this)
5) There will be a Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster for the little ones going in between the other two things we're building behind that wall back there. (1 minute spent on this)

Did I miss anything?

No Dwarf Mine Coaster. I will come back Tuesday evening and face my punishment if this is wrong. But mark my words - either Disney will not mention anything new for the Fantasyland area where this coaster is suppose to go or if they do finally let the cat out of the bag - it will have nothing to do with Snowwhite. I like the dwarfs but disney has done their research and it shows the average guest desires to experience more of Alice in Wonderland and the merchandise sales can go in more directions with this franchise. Wonderland also includes boys with the weird creatures and the jabberwocky. The Fantasy Forest if fixing to get some very interactive plant life along with a few smelly mushrooms! Hey let's all hope maybe we'll get Snowwhite and Alice - but from my sources it is only Wonderland.

Atomicmickey

This Wonderland speculation is interesting to me, in that I can see the sense in them going in this direction.

An area devoted to Wonderland could be as thick, well realized, and imagined and detailed as a Harry Potter land. There are lots of possibilities. I think that perhaps they might have to make a sequel of sorts, with a new original story in the "world" in order to flesh this out.

That having been said, I can't imagine that they haven't at least looked at the idea.

However, our trusted insiders have said nothing about this at all, and so I'm inclined to go with them, the track record is pretty solid.

This is my basis for saying, hmm, interesting, but I don't think we'll hear anything about it on Tuesday at all.

disnyfan89

Im fairly certain that all Wonderland has been is a fan boy pipe dream dreamt up by those who dislike the idea of pixi hallow further spurred on by blurry blue prints with a unidentifiable name on a roller coaster involving the letters C H and E and possibly a S

Lee

Adventurer
Im fairly certain that all Wonderland has been is a fan boy pipe dream dreamt up by those who dislike the idea of pixi hallow further spurred on by blurry blue prints with a unidentifiable name on a roller coaster involving the letters C H and E and possibly a S

That word was "Cheese."
I am unaware of any Wonderland additions to Fantasyland other than some possible NextGen enhancements.

S

stphnbogert

That word was "Cheese."
I am unaware of any Wonderland additions to Fantasyland other than some possible NextGen enhancements.

Do you know if Disney has a time when some of these rides are done getting the enhanced queue?

SoupBone

While I would be very sad to see Snow White go, a coaster would be pretty cool. Like other have asked though, is it supposed to be more kiddy (like Goofy's) or something between kiddy/adult like Space Mountain?

SeaCastle

Spirit of '74 (formerly WDW1974 on here) over on Laughing Place is reporting a new attraction may or may not be announced at the event on Tuesday. If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I'd put my money on the Monsters Inc. coaster at Pixar Place or maybe a ride at Japan or Germany over at EPCOT.

At the back of my mind I'm wondering if they'll announce the changes to the Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island, but that may be farther off.

Skipper03

Sometimes I'm shocked at how many people hate to see SWSA go... yes it's a classic, but there are hardly ever lines for this ride and nothing innovative about it... just a run down dark ride... it makes perfect sense to take this theme (or any theme really) and create a "mini-coaster" in the expansion. Use that space for a highly popular M&G.

There is always a line for the princesses, but not SWSA... this is obvious to eveyone right?

SoupBone

It's nostalgia. I'm excited about a new coaster (and wish someone would give even a hint at what it might be), but a small part of me will miss a ride that scared me as a little kid. I have vivid memories of riding it when I was 6 years old, and my dad calming me down. I ride it EVERY single time I go to WDW (which is at least once a year), and it brings back those memories.

It needs to go I guess, but I'm definitely going to be sad about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom